Just the beta but still another disappointing year of NHL to come

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by mferra32, Jul 30, 2017.

1. mferra32

mferra32 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208 / 25 / -63
    Another year of NHL and another piece of shit to be released by the developers of this great franchise.
    Oh the wows and awes of the through the legs deke which might be the only deke in the game currently that works with any of the classes, and the one handed deke that causes your player to drop his stick for no reason at times.
    The butchering of the right stick stick handling, and NHL players that can't even as much as move their stick as fast as pee wee players can.
    The slowing down of the toe drag, that almost brings you to a crawl if you do it and simple dekes that even the dangler class can't complete.
    The slowing down of the game speed and making games feel as if the drag on for ages.

Still terrible animations that cause you to turn into people, auto skate you for passes on breakouts, and garbage seamless puck pick ups on passes remain in the game.
    The same old skating past the puck when it's two feet in front of you and broken stick lifts that only work when you're fifteen feet behind the player you are trying to stick lift.

The changing of controls that they've had for at least 5 years if not more than that. The remapping of dekes and game moves which there is nothing new to be performed with the way they original were. The adding of new deke controls when the way they previously were perform are unmapped and much easier to do.

The defensive skill stick is now in the game which is being almost forced upon you, seeing as standing in passing lanes does nothing as your player doesn't even as much as react anymore.

Goalie wasn't even touched and that's obvious, the only additions were new broken animations for them to get stuck in, and still broken covers, and that's if the game even registers you hitting the cover button.

I believe this year was the most feedback we as the NHL community gave to Ea, we even gave them a list of what was wrong and broken in their game. Which i believe @Girgss had written, and @Rehanek and many others pushed strongly for ea to look at. I don't even believe one of those issued was touched on or fixed or even improved, at least from what I've seen in the beta. If they had ficed even a few of the many issues he had listed this game could actually been somewhat good, and maybe even enjoyable again. Ea has no competition at this moment and knows they don't even have to really try at this point, as we all will just continue to buy the game, I mean we don't really have a choice there's no other hockey game even on the market.

Now everyone is just going to say this is the beta, but if none of these issues were even remotely fixed in the beta, what makes you think they'll be fixed in the game that comes out in a month.
    This is the first NHL that I've actually considered not even buying because of how bad this game seems it will turn out.
    To think this only took me five minutes at most to write, It's truly scary to think of all the issues this game will continue to have and does have currently.
    For a game that's trying to venture into esports this game is an absolute travesty waiting to happen, there is absolutely no skill gap.

• Like x 13
    • Winner x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. mferra32

Ratings:
    +208 / 25 / -63
    sorry about the weird layout of the thread, don't post long threads often and not sure how this would look.

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    As a goalie I can tell you they fixed a few things. The blocker animations seem much better, transition to and from the post has been improved, and reactions to redirections are also better.

The game is horribly slow in 6s though. When good teams trap (which most will) it bogs down the already slow pace of play.

• Like Like x 4
    APsychicTaco
  4. mferra32

Ratings:
    +208 / 25 / -63
    I still noticed while playing net in 3s you get glued to the post a lot still, which is just so aggravating, can't even imagine for people that only play net

No Streaming Account
  5. Vcek

Vcek I'll carry you.

Ratings:
    +351 / 88 / -114
    How can u say that the games trash when they added mascots. Smh

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    • Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    VcekOG
  6. Bake703

Bake703 Shake it before you Bake it

Ratings:
    +1,136 / 188 / -101
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    BAKE703
  7. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Lou v2

• Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    I wouldn't say I think the game is good, as I think they have a long way to go. But it's the first time in a very long time I've had fun playing 6s. In my opinion, this game is already way better than 17.

Still hoping EA listens to us with the first tuner update but I do agree with some things in your original write up.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Rainz5580

Rainz5580 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Rainz#2448
    Ratings:
    +56 / 21 / -5
    deflections and shots from the blue line are just broke, it's pretty much the worst part of the game right now. Lot of problem are not fixed, like lateral passes look even worst than before. Saucer passes are improved and it's probably one of the best improvement in the game. Versus game are extremely boring cause of the slow pace. The game is not bad, but extremely disappointing for now. Ea should tought about making work every basic things at 100% instead of adding some feature who are like at 25% of their potential.EA NHL are not progressing a lot cause when they improve at some areas, they find the way to downgrade at some others..

No Streaming Account
  10. kid zxro

kid zxro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 9 / -6
    100% agree.

More I play the beta the more I dislike the game. Its a joke.

No Streaming Account
  11. BullBreed333

BullBreed333 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BullBreed#6785
    Ratings:
    +409 / 28 / -67
    And... club challenge games are 50-100% slower than regular club games... again. What is the deal with EA not being able to implement a networking scheme that truly is effective?? It got a bit better last release, and then it got worse than ever towards the end of the release. Now, it's just as bad as where 17 left off. It is mind boggling!! The ping meter means absolutely nothing, this is about how the game itself is talking player to player- it's broken and makes all the problems of the game stand out way more. This is not a dedicated server game, there are no coastal servers... this is about how the game is coded to work between players. It's broken and ignored.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Bullbreed333
  12. l Big Tony I

l Big Tony I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 9 / -14
    Shut up Michael

• Like Like x 3
    BigTonyy
  13. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    Shitters hate the game cuz the skill gap is back, confirmed.

• Like x 1
    • Troll x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. JohnForslxnd

JohnForslxnd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0

Well placed dump ins are also effective against the trap because the chop has been toned down and the Y button pin along the boards works well. It's not pretty, but when it comes to important games you will see these tactics being used.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2017
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Nightingale l8l

Nightingale l8l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 68 / -55
    You'd hate the game if that were true Bob

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. APsychicTaco

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    I'm a shitter, noted.

APsychicTaco
  17. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    Like I don't understand what you people want. Sure the game speed is slow, but there is an astranomical decrease in the shitty goals, and that in itself is a godsend. The new controls take some getting used to, but 18 forces you to actually apply some sort of brain function and not just throw turds with your eyes closed.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. APsychicTaco

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    By "apply brain function" you mean trap and clog the middle? Tips are gone. All teams have to do (if they are good enough) is get 1 goal and turtle. It is boooooooooooring.

I am glad the EAids is eliminated though.

APsychicTaco
  19. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    That's exactly what 17 is lol

20. APsychicTaco

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    You could actually create enough space to get a pass through in 17 though. Defenders in 18 have no reason to chase the puck carrier up top because they know they have zero chance of building enough speed to get by their stationary defender.

• Like Like x 2
    APsychicTaco