League cars question.

Discussion in 'Forza' started by Probert, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are we going to divide races based on class and allow people to bring their own tuned cars to the race, or are we going to do stock manufacturer races?

-P

2. DemonSpawn78

DemonSpawn78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PLEASE do cars from our garage! Maybe if we keep them all to the same specs to keep it fair, I just hate the manufacture cars.

No Streaming Account
  3. Bartlett89

Bartlett89 LG Veteran

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you here demon, I would love to use my own cars.

No Streaming Account
  4. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I bet you do..

Needless to say there will be restrictions.. has to be..

But the cars will have to come from the Garage, how could we paint em'...

No Streaming Account
  5. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad to hear people want to use their own cars. To me, half the race (if not more) is having a good car that is set up right. I think we could easily divide it up by classes. There is a maximum number of points (performance index) any car can have before it goes up to the next class. Part of the fun (to me) is wringing the most out of a car within a specific class.

I'm very much looking forward to this first season!

-P

6. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    If we are wanting to do "team" cars with all cars looking the same except for color/numbers I'd recommend us all using the exact same cars. It make it alot easier for whoever is designing the cars. Unless we don't want cars looking the same then it doesn't matter to me.

drummerJ99
  7. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont think everybody is going to want the same car... That's the problem.. So the design's need to be pretty easy to copy with instructions on each layer.. If we're talking about making each car the same...

But if we're talking about making a car a certain color then design could be up to each individdual..

I love the IROC cars you showed earlier.. and geez they would be so easy to dupilicate..

We already know that everybody in Tris's team have to paint their cars Pink...

No Streaming Account
  8. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    To be honest I don't really care either way. If we all want to run the exact same cars with the only difference being setups/number/colors I'm cool with that. If we all want to run different cars, with the only thing same about them being the team colors..I'm cool with that also.

drummerJ99
  9. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We had uniforms in Tiger (Kind of like Ryder Cup). I feel that we need to keep it as simple as possible. One thing that needs to be on the rear bumper of each vehicle is LG id/# of the driver. For example on the back of my vehicle I would have my # & MGM so it's visible when you pull up on someone. I hardly ever notice the players id above the car. If I'm looking up there, I'm into him in a hurry! Come to think of it I might be the only one to have to do it since I won't be pulling up on any of you unless I'm lapping you ;) :razz:

No Streaming Account
  10. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    With being able to use the team option from the game.. It will be easy to recognize the Car .. You might not read the name but you'll see the red letters, blue letters, Orange letters (even though it yellow team) or Green letters above the cars..

I agree with having a unified type color but man i dont want to limit anybody's creativity.

So this is what i propose...
    • The Color has to be the same color as your team.
    • Your Number has to be visible on the Side Doors and on the right hand side of your rear bumper.
    • Your name on the left hand side of the rear bumper.
    • The Rest of the Car can be decorated but not to take away from the main color of the car. (meaning dont come out with a rainbow car, You need to be able to recognize the team color).
    What do you guys think.. Good Idea or not uniform enough..

No Streaming Account
  11. DemonSpawn78

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like it, dont want to take away from everyones creativity of making there own custom paint job. And im sure that once we all see others paint jobs, there will be 1 that stands out and some people will want to use it until they come up with something better.

No Streaming Account
  12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good to me. As long as the basic team colours are easy enough to replicate on different cars than that is fine. Those with the artistic talents to make some of these awesome looking rides (not me) would still be allowed to within the limits you mentioned nosice.

No Streaming Account
  13. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Can you paint unlocked cars from like the Arcade mode? The only problem I see with all this is that some people like me may not have any A or B class cars bought or in our garage. If we are going to be changing cars every week or so that means people would have to buy whatever car we are using with career money. Where as if we just do team "colors", normally the standard paint jobs would match close enough. Now if we are just gonna use 1 car all season long, that would be alot easier money wise.

drummerJ99
  14. DemonSpawn78

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You have to buy the car to paint it.

If you have a problem getting a car, or upgrades, I can help out and gift you a car, and I'm sure that there are plenty of others that would be willing to help out as well. I dont think too many people would want to use the same car all season long, or use cars from arcade mode.

No Streaming Account
  15. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has a decision been made on which class we're going to run? Is the plan to run different classes every week? The reason I ask is because I'm quite limited on time given work and family, and would like to maximize the time I do have to prepare for the season by building cars of the appropriate class.

Is the season going to mimic a progression similar to that in the game? By that I mean to ask whether we will get started with a Class D series week 1, moving on to Class C, B etc in following weeks?

Have you considered separating the elite racers from the weekend warriors based on class? For example, all you Andrettis and Schumachers could compete in R1 or other high-speed cars, while less experienced drivers such as myself compete in races in the D, C, B, and A classes? If there is a noticeably division of skill level, wouldn't it make for more exciting and much closer racing if the "amateurs" raced slower cars?

Just some ideas/thoughts/questions. I'm at the end of a business trip and I'm seriously sleep deprived, not to mention Forza/NHL deprived.

Cheers.

-Pete

16. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has a decision been made on which class we're going to run? Is the plan to run different classes every week? The reason I ask is because I'm quite limited on time given work and family, and would like to maximize the time I do have to prepare for the season by building cars of the appropriate class.

Is the season going to mimic a progression similar to that in the game? By that I mean to ask whether we will get started with a Class D series week 1, moving on to Class C, B etc in following weeks?

Have you considered separating the elite racers from the weekend warriors based on class? For example, all you Andrettis and Schumachers could compete in R1 or other high-speed cars, while less experienced drivers such as myself compete in races in the D, C, B, and A classes? If there is a noticeably division of skill level, wouldn't it make for more exciting and much closer racing if the "amateurs" raced slower cars?

Just some ideas/thoughts/questions. I'm at the end of a business trip and I'm seriously sleep deprived, not to mention Forza/NHL deprived.

Cheers.

-Pete

17. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There ae 92 cars that are unlocked. For everybody. We're going to try to use those cars and might go to other cars as the season progresses.. I hoping to have Week 1 scenerio ready to go by Saturday.. That way we can already start getting the car, painting it, Tune it and practice with it on the weekend.

i say there are 92 cars, really there is less than that. Some cars that are already unlocked are over 100K. And we wont do that to you guys.. Probably go cheap and move up in classes by upgrades..

It will be a safe bet that we'll be running D cars.. That get upgraded to C b and A classes..

No Streaming Account
  18. Blaudawg

Blaudawg Bulldawg Nation's Finest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how do u want us to prove the lap times? or do u want me to just pm u it.

No Streaming Account
  19. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just pm is fine.. We wanted to do the take a screen shot but I never could make that happen with just the 360 and forza.. So just pm the to me and we'll go from there.

No Streaming Account
  20. Stang6697

Stang6697 Dallas Stars Captain

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you can find your times on the forza site or atleast i found mine there under somethin lol i know i found them in my ferrari!!!! lol i'm alot of help aren't i

No Streaming Account