League Gaming members revealed! Faces behind the

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by XBoxJon, Jul 11, 2003.

1. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    League Gaming member

A lot of us may be wondering, what does that person on the other end of the mic look like. This is pretty cliche and standard for most forums, but we haven't done this yet so I guess I'll start the ball rolling. Rather than just making this is a personal photo thread, I thought I'd we could give a little background info too and kill two birds with one stone (the photo thread and the info/hobby/real name thread).

Something like:

-Gamertag
    -Real name
    -Wife/Kids/GF
    -Education/School
    -Occupation
    -Hobbies
    -XBox/XBL thoughts?
    -photos

Just follow my lead and be as detailed or brief as you like. Some people like to stay more anonymous, other's (like myself) don't really care and would like to put a face to a name/voice and be able to call you by your real name sometimes.

No Streaming Account
  2. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So you might wonder, who is XBoxJon? Let me introduce myself....

Gamertag: XBoxJon. I know, what a boring and uncreative gamertag. I was in such a rush when I got my beta kit back in Aug. 2002 that I didn't bother thinking that this handle would be stuck with me forever. If I had it to do over, I'd probably use a name from my favorite 80's show, Magnum PI. Maybe Higgybaby, or T.S.Magnum or something like that. Oh well.

Real Name: Jonathan Diehl. Friends call me Jon, wife and family call me Jonathan. I don't care which you use.

Wife/Kids: Carrie. High School sweetheart, met her my Sr. year (she's 2yrs younger). She followed me to college, where we dated off and on (usually between short relationships with others), but we finally got serious with each other after we both settled into our careers and tied the knot in June of '99. She's currently a 5th grade teacher, but will be quitting and not going back in the fall so she can be a stay a home Mom. Jacob was born Dec '02. Not sure what we'll call him as a teenager. Probably Jake or J.D., but for now it's Jacob. Peyton was born May '04.

Location: St. Louis, MO (live in Tampa and Houston recently, for about 2yrs but now I'm back in my home town again)

Age: 32, feel like I'm 50 (played alot of sports throughout HS and college, my knees are shot). Family thinks I'm still 15 with all of the video games I still play.

Education: I went to Missouri State Univ (Springfield, MO) and got biology and chemistry degree's (pre-dental), then went to UMKC Dental School (Kansas City)...which was the grand plan since about 8th grade. Wouldn't you know it, I hated digging around peoples mouths and left school (with an A- average) but haven't regretted that decision one time. I probably would have been a good dentist, but I would have hated to be in an office all day, all week. I like to get out and meet people (not put the fear of God in them with a high speed drill).

Occupation: Since leaving Dental school in '96, I joined my brother in the investment/insurance business (he is 9yrs my senior, and started in the business in his early 20's as well). I'm self-employed and work out of my home (both of which I love...no boss, no office, and tons of tax deductions). I am an investment advisor and do financial planning. I work primarily with retirees and those about to retire.

Hobbies: I have a ton of hobbies, and I tend to get into one heavily, at the expense of the others. Everything comes full circle though, and they rotate in and out. I love to play Golf when the weather is nice. I used to play to a 6 handicap, but it's ballooned to an 11 since getting married (less time to practice). I also play tennis competitively. I'm a huge sports fan and live and die by the local St. Louis pro sports teams. I used to race motocross, but gave it up when I got married (didn't want to get hurt). To scratch that racing itch, I now race 1/8 scale nitro powered 4WD RC cars at a local track during the summer. My brother is a sponsored driver, travels the country and gets everything for free (and I leech off of him). It's only a hobby for him too, but he's good enough to place high at national/world events and gets free equipment, fuel, parts, etc... I also like to watch racing, and follow Formula One and MotoGP.

As for video games being a hobby, it's the highest on my hobbies list of late. I've always had at least one console since the original Atari 2600, and have owned pretty much every other console since then. I used to play only sports games (in college on the NES and Genesis), but I got into PC gaming around '95 and took an interest in first person shooters. I joined a Rainbow Six clan when that game came out, and I'm still friends with those guys today. We played RS, Rogue Spear, Ghost Recon, Operation Flashpoint, and many other FPS, but they never wanted to do competitive ladder matches (only coop w/ each other), so I left around the time the Xbox came out (although I still play with them alot when I get on my PC and keep in touch with many of those guys).

XBox/Online gaming: As I said earlier, when it comes to my video games I'm usually highly competitive, hate to lose, and play to win. I take my video games very seriously. I play for blood when in competition, but I also like to have fun and develop relationships.... which is kind of the point of building a community like this.

Now for some photos:

The happy couple, (before post-nuptial weight gain and additional hair loss :evil: ) on our honeymoon in Maui (June '99):
    [​IMG]

And a more current family portrait (July '03)
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading. I'm all done now. :D

No Streaming Account
  3. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    -Gamertag- Latdogg. The reason for this one is because every1 calls me Latrell...even my family...I really do not know why. I just shortened it and threw dogg on the end.

-Real name- David Gajeske

-Wife/Kids/GF/alternative partner- I have a g/f, but we are currently taking a "break" at the moment. After 2 years I just wanted a summer off. Isn't working though...we hang out everyday still :laugh:

-Location- Northwestern Illinois, about 1 hour from the good 'ol Mississippi.

-Age- I am 17, I will be 18 November 22.

-Education/School- I will be going into the 12th grade, than off to college. I am gonna get into graphics design.

-Occupation- Right now nothing...I have apps in everywhere but no1 is hireing :cry:

-Hobbies- I play football and baseball, and I also love to game (xbox live, ps2)

-XBox/XBL thoughts? I think it is great. Good way to bring fellow gamers together. I also like how you don't need to type.

-Picture- I put 1 in but isn't working...I will get one posted asap.

Gajeske85
  4. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK guys, in the PRT forums, everyone did this, and it was a mess. There were some real freaks out there that after I saw what they looked like, I never wanted to see them again, or play Xbox with them. I rather leave it to my imagination what the person on the other end looks like because that's the joy of it, just the voice of them and nothing else. This really gets to personal. Maybe you guys will not agree with me, and maybe you will, but think twice before doing this.

But on a side note to XBoxJon, it looks like you have a very beautiful baby, and a loving wife. Believe me, this message is not for you, but for the freaks out there, which I will leave nameless. I really got freaked out by the people that I saw in the PRT forums, and since I really enjoy this site, I don't want to add any dis-enjoyment coming here. Thanks for listening.

No Streaming Account
  5. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have no problems doing this though...

Gamertag: Babolat (primary), JoeMunoz22
    GF: Brittney McKenney
    Education/School: University of Central Florida, Central Florida Community College
    Hobbies: Working out, playing tennis, watching movies
    XBox/XBL thoughts: The best thing ever!
    Photos: Maybe sometime I will get some on here

No Streaming Account
  6. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gamertag woobwoob

Real name Keith Harvey

Wife/Kids/GF/alternative partner I've been married to my wife Lyncca for just over 10 months now and am loving everyday of it. No kids yet, still not done having fun and enjoying being by ourselves, but in a couple (3-4 years) maybe we'll open that door. We are both dying for a boy, but it's just not the right time. Until that point, we are content with our 3 little ones that we call our kids. One very timid Tabby Cat (Abby), One very cool Tabby Cat (Bob), and one extremely stupid Beagle (Charlie). pix below

Location Fort Worth, TX. For you locals, I live off of 377 near where Keller and Wautauga meet.

Age 25, will be 26 in 13 days

Education/School High School w/ honors, went to college for a semester but didn't have the discipline (or direction) for it, so I decided to stop wasting my parent's money and get to work. I may go back one day, but can't decide what career I'm interested in to spend that much money on it.

Occupation Technical Editor and Graphic Artist for an Aviation Consultant Company. I have a deep background of Operations Management and PBX Technology as well. Somehow I landed a job that uses all of those. The company I work for is very small (12 people inhouse w/ a few remote people) and I love it, there is no dress code, no set hours, and better yet, no mission statements.

Hobbies Radio Control Car Racing (4WD on road, nitro engine, 1/10 scale, Traxxas 4-tec), Tae Kwon do, Playing in Photoshop/Illustrator, Pool, Rock Climbing, Darts, Tennis, Mountain Biking, Skateboarding, Movies in general but I really like Horror Movies, LEGO technic sets, deep woods camping (i love hiking in with only what you can carry on your back and surviving for a week at a time, my favorite place is Lake Summersville WV, great cliff diving action there) think thats about it.

XBox/XBL thoughts? Love it!

Me and the wifey, and our ~*~* (not really, just acts like it) beagle (doesn't he look like he's saying "DUH")
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

our timid female cat on the left and on the right, our cool male cat:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  7. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Babolat yer no fun, i could post pics of you from your site, but won't. Good disclaimer, but I encourage everyone to share some pics.

No Streaming Account
  8. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: League Gaming me

Gamertag: DeNMaN is a nickname I got in highschool.
    Wife/Kids/GF/alternative partner :twisted: : Currently Single
    Education/School: I graduated Missouri Southern State College in 2000 with a B.S. in Computer Science.
    Occupation: Internet Database Administrator for a major banking software provider.
    Hobbies: Video Games, Sports, Movies, Motorcycles, Cars. I think I was general enough to include everything.
    XBox/XBL thoughts?: I was a huge PS2 fan because of the Gran Turismo series until MogoGP on XBL. Since I have been a dedicated XBox supporter because of Live and the new games are finally starting to show what the XBox is capable of doing. However I didn't sell my PS2 because GT4 is still a PS2 exclusive and there isn't a comparable car racing game for XBox yet.

photos: Only have one from my Colorado vacation in Aug 2002
    [​IMG]

Just follow my lead and be as detailed or brief as you like. Some people like to stay more anonymous, other's (like myself) don't really care and would like to put a face to a name/voice and be able to call you by your real name sometimes.[/quote]

No Streaming Account
  9. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    -Gamertag- Linksys....When I first got live the one name I wanted was "Dominator", Dominik Hasek, but that was taken so I just sat there for 30 min thinking..and couldn't come up with anything til I looked at my router and saw the name linksys.
    -Real name- Kyle Cantor
    -Wife/Kids/GF/alternative partner - Have a gf, we've been going out for 2-3 months now..
    -Location- Phoenix, Arizona
    -Age- 17, turning 18 in november
    -Education/School- Senior in high school, ...go to school at Desert Vista with natralselection, indigo, and golden gophers.
    -Occupation- Working at a nearby Little Caeser's at the moment
    -Hobbies- HOCKEY, movies, hanging out with my girlfriend, and sleeping :D
    -XBox/XBL thoughts- Each game is different, but its the best thing to happen to console gaming since Mario Brothers.
    -photos- Give me a few days and I'll get some up here...

No Streaming Account
  10. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    -Gamertag- Indigovdub
    -Real name- Clint Wojtowicz
    -Wife/Kids/GF/alternative partner- none
    -Location- Phoenix, AZ
    -Age- 16
    -Education/School- Junior at Desert Vista High School
    -Occupation- Bag Boy at albertsons, scorekeeping for youth and adult hockey games.
    -Hobbies-hockey, xbox (obviously), not much else...
    -XBox/XBL thoughts- :D
    -photos- mom has the digicam in michigan/chicago right now, i'll try to get some posted in a little while. 5'11'' 175 pounds with red hair and very white skin.

No Streaming Account
  11. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I will share some pics because so far you guys look pretty normal. Here is a pic of me and my biatch (hope she doesn't see this), and me and my intermediate group at work (I'm the one kneeling).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks go does Denman for the uploading of these pics to this private site.

No Streaming Account
  12. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh well, the site was free, and i did it just for fun. i havent updated anything for over a year on that site.

No Streaming Account
  13. R0N1N

R0N1N Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: League Gaming me

Gamertag - R0N1N: Didn't get this name from Ronin warriors. Some Guy gave it too me in CS when he mispelt my name (ronnie) and he thought it was cool.

Real name - Ronald(Ronnie) Giberson

Wife/Kids/GF/alternative partner- zippo

Location - Kingston Ontario Canada

Age - 16, turning 17 on november 3rd.

Education/School - Going into my last year of highschool:shock:

Occupation - Student

Hobbies - Playing Hockey, volleyball, football and Video games

photos

Here is a sexy pic of my ~*~* pose
    [​IMG]
    and here you can see me when i was about 5
    [​IMG]
    and here you can see im still just as goofy as i was at 5

[​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  14. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh god thats disturbing!

No Streaming Account
  15. Raptor710

Raptor710 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL I Knew that was coming

No Streaming Account
  16. R0N1N

R0N1N Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im glad you liked it:laugh:

No Streaming Account
  17. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    i got a nice pic they took for my visa application to Russia, i look like a criminal lol

18. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I finally found a pic of me. Here it is. Click here

Gajeske85
  19. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tough guy. [-(

Edit: Cubs suck! :twisted:

No Streaming Account
  20. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I had to put on the Cubs hat, lol. You can kinda see my 36" Wega in the background too....nothing compared to your tv though man, lol.

Gajeske85