League Settings Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by Guest, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    League Settings Disc

Im wondering what everyone thinks about this.

We are going with 1 game a week and will be held to that.

Do we want a full 16 weeks?
    We risk having a lot of people out of the picture for the last few weeks.
    Im not sure either way. What are everyones thoughts?

Also when considering the number of weeks we should take into consideration how many playoff teams make it.

If we go the full 16 weeks I think we need to allow for the maximum amount of playoff teams to keep interest up.

I personally would rather have a shorter season and get on the the next one then play 4 or 5 meaningless games at the end of the season.

We could go 12 weeks with 8 teams making the playoffs.

2. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not a bad idea. However, if they change the Admin options to allow us to follow the actual NFL schedule I would prefer to do that.

Everybody chime in with their thoughts.

No Streaming Account
  3. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I actually like 16 full weeks. The only people that will really get discouraged about finishing up the season is the ones that aren't winning. I do hate VC didnt create divisions for leagues but if we do our own bracket in league gaming we have the correct divisions and playoff formats displayed here.

No Streaming Account
  4. bowdown

bowdown Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think its just too long 16 Weeks, infact I think playing 2 or 3 games a week would be better. Of the current setup I am not really that thrill either, playing 16 games in 7 days, thats a little more then 2 games a day at 6 min a qrt? It will be hard with work, family and kids to get all those games in. Just my 2 cents.

No Streaming Account
  5. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's one game every 7 days. In other words 1 game per week. Not 16 games in 7 days ;)

1 game per week shouldn't be that hard to juggle.

(I know I'm not in the league, but I've been helping Shush with things so I feel I'm justified to post a little here and there ;) I only post on certain things)

No Streaming Account
  6. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    bowdown 16 games in 7 days?!?!?!?! LOL It's 1 game a week, 7 days in between weeks to get your 1 game in.

What's on the table is should would go to a 12 week season (12 games total) or a 16 week season (16 games total).

No Streaming Account
  7. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I actually thin Jujimum is Socal's other identity.

No Streaming Account
  8. bowdown

bowdown Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh okay, I stopped reading after this:

16 games per team, 7 days to complete, 16 week schedule,:shock: 1 game per week (I didnt see this part) :wink: Top 8 teams will make the playoffs '

2 games a week would sound better ;)

No Streaming Account
  9. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just added the 1 game per week. I realized it wasn't clear. I think 1 game a week is plenty. We are all in different time zones etc and believe me there will be instances when people just can't coordinate.

It also allows you to play in other leagues, whether they are here or somewhere else.

No Streaming Account
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah with the unforgiving nature of the espn league 1 game a week is all we want.

You cant do two a week it would have to be 1 every 4 days and that wont work.

11. BleedBlueBlood

BleedBlueBlood Baron Von Sauerkraut

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    If the league finishes all the games early in the week, the commish can always start the next week earlier.

Just remember though, a lot of us have other games to play, in other leagues and you need time available for those who can't get online frequently.

I think 1 game a week should be set.

BleedBlueBlood
  12. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    I like the idea of the 16 week schedule...it's more realistic. If VC changes the setup to allow for divisions, and conferences that would be even better.

One game per week should allow for everyone to get their games in on time too.

No Streaming Account
  13. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any discussion of playing with Performance EQ on? Alot of people will probably not like the idea because they think it will create a game where a bunch of "clones" are running around out there, but that's not the case. Randy Moss is still the best WR on the field (unless its Vikes vs. Eagles, then him and TO are about the same).

Overall, I've found that it makes for more defensive-oriented games. I'm not saying that it turns every game into a defensive struggle, but you actually have to hit an open-man or at least someone in single coverage to complete a pass. It's hard to put a finger on what exactly is different about it, all I know is that I don't find myself getting pissed off at dumb AI half as much when EQ is on.

Does it lessen the gap between teams like the Cardinals and the Eagles? Sure it does, but the Eagles will still be the better team, it will just be a little more understated. And aren't we more interested in competing to determine who is the better player, instead of who picked the better team?

If you're up for a Legend/EQ game, send me an invite. Later.

No Streaming Account
  14. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking about that Jmarks. I want to try it out with the EQ on in exhibition. I am not opposed to having it ON for the league. It would eliminate the excuse that "your team is better" and we all would have to rely on our knowledge of football.

No Streaming Account
  15. Linuxx360

Linuxx360 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yep 16wks I like it, 1 game a week..

No Streaming Account
  16. macteago

macteago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm with jmarks on performance EQ... This game is very skewed twoard the offensive end. For some reason EQ seems to even out the offense and defense.

There is still major differences in players, stars are still stars and bums are still bums just not to such a ridiculously over-stated way.

A lot of leagues have gone this route, it's definitely worth testing and voting on...

No Streaming Account
  17. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would not mind seeing the EQ on, and I am in complete agreement with a 16 week schedule.

No Streaming Account
  18. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I do not mind 1 game a week. We play 1 game a week over at XGP and it seems fine. But either way...1 game, 2 games....its all good in my book.

Gajeske85
  19. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i've never used EQ because...well i've never used it. I will try some games online with this on to see how the games fair. Right now though i say no EQ.

No Streaming Account
  20. BleedBlueBlood

BleedBlueBlood Baron Von Sauerkraut

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    The more I think about it...the more I like the idea of EQ ON. Especially for the people that had to join this league later and got stuck with pretty poorly rated teams. This way, true talent will prevail rather than someone with a stacked roster. I also think there will be less blowouts because of this and that will make it more fun for everyone. Close games are the most exciting games to play - even if you lose.

Perhaps next season have it turned OFF, but use this season as a seeding to have team selection then. I.E. The worst team this season, selects first next season.

So that's my 2 cents worth.

BleedBlueBlood