LGAHL Pre Season Consensus Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by VVaGs82, Feb 23, 2024.

1. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,503 / 57 / -72
    Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you enjoy.

First, I'm going to explain what went into these rankings for transparency. I asked @Joeja_15 and another anonymous AHLer to give me their top 15 teams ranked in order. I contributed my own top 15 and then added the top 15 from the LG Site generated power rankings and the top 15 from the Community Power Rankings poll. (thanks for those who voted) Then I averaged out the rankings by team which gave me the consensus ranking. Any team that was on 1 list but not ranked on the others, the non-ranked team was assigned the rank of 16 to equally weight the averages.

Some interesting notes:
    *28 of the 30 teams received a top 15 ranking in 1 or more lists. This seems to indicate a very balanced league according to the criteria I used.
    *2 teams clearly stood above the others. (read on to find out!)
    *Due to a 3 way tie for 10th, there will be 12 teams in the top 10 rankings to follow.

............................................................................................................................

# 10 (TIES)
    Abbotsford Canucks :team2050::team2050::team2050:

*The West Champs from a season ago come in tied at #10. These Nucks are under new management this season but were able to retain some key players in the off-season with re-signs of @MondoMentality @ROLLaBACKWOODS @xvSleep . I'd have thought last season's runner-up would be higher, but there seems to be a strong sentiment that last season's AHL was watered down.

Charlotte Checkers :team393::team393::team393:

*The Checkers were a playoff team from last season but as far as I could find, only @SMS Fan 3 is returning player. New management @SQUADCAV16 @Jussn @I Splinter77 I did resign @LethaLMyke23 and traded him for a DP which seems to have turned into an AHL roster goalie @SuperVoisin . The Checkers did a fantastic job in bidding and put together a sure bet to make the playoffs.

Iowa Wild :team362::team362::team362:

* @GRITTY 16 and @patsway are returning as management to this playoff team from last season. They brought in @zMON5T3R as AGM and won last seasons AGM @cabcavlax1 on a 1 mil re-sign. They did a great job in bidding and I fully expect this Wild team to be as good or better than the S46 version.

#8 (TIES)
    Coachella Valley Firebirds :team1099::team1099::team1099:

* Last season's Firebirds were a dumpster fire... New managers @Mrlolchico13 @Buckeyes2525 @Druwei completely overhauled the roster and brought no one back. This ranking indicates this management team smashed in bidding. Their team consists primarily of PSN guys with a sprinkling of XBox vets. They can't do worse than last season and based on this ranking, Coachella Valley look to be a force in the West.

Rochester Americans
    :team312::team312::team312:
    * @Clutch l28l and @Barks l21l are coming off a rare playoff miss in the AHL as a management duo. They brought in @l Freddy ll on a free contract AGM and paid the 6.5 for Clutchy. They team swapped from Henderson to Rochester where they hope to rekindle the magic from their first Calder Cup in S33. Looking at their roster make up, they're likely to make the playoffs and could contend at the end of the season.

#7 (no more ties lol)
    San Jose Barricuda :team519::team519::team519:

*The S46 Pacific Division Champs and conference runner-up Barricuda bare no resemblance to this S47 team but don't let that fool you. This team is made up of mostly PSN guys but also have some great players who are performing well in Caps. @default888 @Joeja_15 and @TURTLE98-_- have a great team assembled here and peaked as high as 3 in 1 ranker's list. I look forward to getting to know more PSN people this season and I apologize for not being able to elaborate much more.

Belleville Senators :team777::team777::team777:

* @xM98x returns to the Sens after a S46 playoff appearance. He brought in new AGMs @l Assonnato l and @Pogyz and almost no one from last season's roster. This guy does not accept making the playoffs and rolled it all over. I LOVE THAT, and I think it worked. This roster is very good.

Texas Stars :team300::team300::team300:

* The Stars are coming off a Central Division Championship and hope to repeat but improve on their playoff performance. @Ozzy9041 and @Kro l17l return as a duo and replaced departed superstar @Nxnety7 with S46 stud @M00NROCKZ . They also built a solid roster with depth and are a lock for playoffs. Shout out to my BTC bud @Matthewsl34I .

Colorado Eagles :team625::team625::team625:

* @ILegxndz7 @Kxchh @the rocket05 take over a mid S46 team and overhauled it all. It's no surprise this team has a heavy QC odor, but what does surprise me is how they got all these goal scorers so cheap. I predict this team will lead the league in goals and if they can keep them out of their net, they will contend for the Calder.

Lehigh Valley Phantoms :team302::team302::team302:

* The reigning Presidents Trophy Winners were #1 in my personal ranking I'm not ashamed to admit. @Rygerian shuffled some managers around but essentially brought back the entire core from the top regular team last season. @BullBreed333 is now on a free contract and @xNickyxP as PAGM. I can't get through this team without mentioning the Link Family. I think this LHV team is BETTER than last season's team...

Laval Rocket :team778::team778::team778:

* 1 and 2 were the very clear choice on most rankers lists but the defending Calder Champs were just edged out. @I Vengy I takes the GM role but @Geekie l28l and @EDPxbigjuice are back as well. This team is a good mix of returning champs and some fresh blood that will be hungry for their first cup. This team is sure to be in the battle for the S47 cup. They will have a target on their backs all season, can they take it? I think so.

Chicago Wolves:team395::team395::team395:

* The Chicago Wolves come in at #1 in the consensus rankings. The Wolves benefited not being ranked lower than 3 in anyone's rankings, which means everyone agrees they're a juggernaut. I didn't know much about this team before this posting, but during my research I found a lot of dangerous connections, elite stats, and good ping. @Bsavage28 @Beaudz- and @AtkinsQc- built a fantastic team and I expect to see them deep in the playoffs.

Anything I messed up get over it.

Thanks again for reading everyone. I hope you enjoy this but couldn't care less if you don't.

Tell me what you like, what you don't, or throw your own rankings out there if you want.

-Wags

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    wags82
  2. zMON5T3R

zMON5T3R Well-Known Member

Discord:
    zmon5t3r#0
    Ratings:
    +350 / 34 / -64
    We resigned cabcav :facepalm:

No Streaming Account
  3. Atkinsl10l

Atkinsl10l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    atkinsqc#0
    Ratings:
    +359 / 8 / -48
    Yo i didnt build shit ngl, i was a bad boy and wasn't allowed to see bidding, but good write-up.

@CactusManc sucks
    @HeyKep is 750k and bald... yikes
    @I Debrxsk I may be the worst 750 k him or kep

• Informative Informative x 1
    atkinsl10l
  4. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,503 / 57 / -72
    fixed

wags82
  5. TuckItTeal

TuckItTeal Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tuckitteal#0
    Ratings:
    +845 / 92 / -215
    Good media Wags!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Pooderz

Pooderz Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 10 / -45
    Poll were rigged.

No Streaming Account
  7. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    I was about to say who the shit is Chicago and how are they above Laval, but then I looked at some of the guys they got and yeah ok I get it.

Cleveland should be #1 though. We haven't won a club game together but we'll feed off the tears of our opponents on central ping.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    eamonnjcf
  8. Druwei

Druwei Well-Known Member

Discord:
    druwei#0
    Ratings:
    +160 / 8 / -20
    Kep is very bald indeed

• Winner Winner x 2