LGAHL PSN Post Bidding Highest Paid Players (each position)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by B-Red94, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Xb-red94

Xb-red94 Warning Group

Discord:
    xB-Red94#0845
    Ratings:
    +516 / 12 / -19
    [​IMG]

LGAHL PSN Post Bidding Highest Paid Players (each position)

Left Wing

:team390:Trinsic $6.5 Million:team390:
    Coming off an 11-3-3 season with the Iowa Wild seeing him drop 40 points, Trinsic gets paid by the Admirals with a big 6.5 million dollar tag. I like Trin but this is a big price for a guy with one successful season out of the CHL, and I’m not sure if it’s because of a weak market or because the Admirals see something in him that his stats don’t show. Nonetheless, this is a big price to pay, and if they don’t find some solid pieces that gel with him, this contract could look rough really quickly.

:team775:xC_U_C_K $5.5 Million:team775:
    My boy Yeet is getting the bread this season joining Palm Springs with a 5.5 million dollar tag. I really like this contract for the Firebirds, having some cheap contracts already really helped them be able to add some big contracts like this. I’m not sure who he’s going to play with yet, but if he plays with Beaver or Arsy on a line, this contract could turn out to be an absolute home run for Palm Springs. I look forward to seeing how this team does.

:team299:Bigdaddino69 $5 Million:team299:
    I won’t lie, this contract is a bit of a head scratcher for me. By no means is daddino a bad player, but with only one successful year under his belt in the A and no prior crazy standout years this doesn’t seem like someone you go all in for as your go to guy. Maybe they know something I don’t with Chico have daddino on his team last season, but as it sits right now I just have a hard time seeing 5 million making sense long term unless he’s able to take a big step and show he’s a top player in the A. Hopefully this contract proves me wrong this season.

:team517:Keigaaan $4.75 Million:team517:
    The Reign made a big splash grabbing a good friend of mine in Keigaaan with a 4.75 million dollar tag. I don’t mind this contract, I know Keigan well enough to know that if he has guys that do the right things on his line he can carry a line, which is what is needed to be paid a big salary like that. They already have a lot of good chips to build around him so this team could really make some noise this season if they play their cards right. Solid pickup by Toffoli.

:team625:Fluri37 $4.5 Million:team625:
    A former S1 NHLer, Fluri got paid in bidding this year hoping to be a key contributor in his first full year in the A. The Eagles paid 4.5 million for his services, which in turn means they firmly believe he can be a key contributor for them. I don’t hate this contract, I think it’s a bit of a risk/reward scenario but if he’s able to get back to that production level he had in S1, this may be a great contract for the Eagles. Time will tell how this contract turns out.

Centre

:team518:Murphwizzle $8.25 Million:team518:
    My boy from the S13 Baby Pens becomes the highest paid C in bidding at 8.25 million after a crazy breakout season with the Rampage going 24-3-1 with 88 points. This is Murph’s first year not being 500k and by the looks of it there isn’t any other crazy names on the Gulls so I don’t wanna put too big of expectations on him, but with that price you almost have to. It’s never easy to be the guy on a team, but this is a great opportunity for Murph to prove he’s ready for the NHL, and he will be given that opportunity this season. I look forward to seeing how this turns out for Murph.

:team775:A Dumb Bigfoot $6.75 Million:team775:
    Bigfoot gets a pay upgrade this season with the Firebirds jumping from 4 million to 6.75 after proving he can be a go to guy with a big contract. I don’t mind this contract in comparison to other contracts in this pay range, especially because of the history between Beaverclops and Bigfoot. I think this contract will workout well for the Firebirds.

:team302:JaahLee $5.75 Million:team302:
    This is an interesting contract. Jaah isn’t a bad player by any means, but his successful LG seasons are all at defence so a 5.75 is a bit of a question mark. Again with two defenseman managers there’s a good chance they know a bit more about JolleyMon than I do which would explain the price, but on the surface this looks like a very questionable contract. We will see how this pans out for the Phantoms

:team303:Cliinch $5.75 Million:team303:
    DeGraves makes a big move in bidding bringing in Cliinch on a 5.75 million dollar deal. This contract doesn’t surprise me much. Cliinch is a very solid player, and can boost any line. This gives DeGraves a very strong duo up the middle with him, and increases the versatility of the lineup. In comparison, this is one of my personal favourite pickups. I think this will work out in favour of both sides.

:team625:TaPoisse28 $5.75 Million:team625:
    After going through NHL bidding earlier this week, TaPoisse gets paid with a 5.75 million contract. I really like Poisse, he’s a great dude and has some solid talent. This is a big contract, but I think with the right players he for sure can live up to that type of value at the AHL level. The Eagles grabbed some solid wingers in bidding also, so overall I can see this contract working out for Colorado.

Right Wing

:team301:xMills $10.25 Million:team301:
    I was quite surprised to see Mills in AHL bidding after spending his entire career in the NHL, and boy did he get paid going for a big 10.25 million dollar tag. There’s no questioning Mills skill, and there’s no doubt he will be able to provide a large amount of production for this Baby Pens. I think the biggest test for them now will be building pieces to help and support this team. With a big amount of salary used by one player, it’s always tough to build a top end group. If they are able to make a few moves and get some cheap gems, this team could be very good and this contract could end up working out well for ItzOver4U. Time will tell how this pans out.

:team774:SouPerSaiyan $9 Million:team774:
    Coming over from the Xbox NHL, Saiyan joins the Silver Knights with a whopping 9 million dollar contract. Adding Saiyan sky rockets this team's offensive core, already having some solid pieces up front. With this big contract they may have lost out a bit on their defensive core, but I think having a piece like this will be huge for them. If they utilize Saiyan properly, this should work out for the Knights.

:team519:OneDollarDrxper $7 Million:team519:
    Datsyuk gets a fresh start with the Cuda after spending an extended amount of time with OceanTombs and his teams. He didn’t come cheap however, as San Jose ended up spending 7 million to lend his services. This is a bit on the pricey side for sure, but Datsyuk is a great talent and a well known player in the AHL community so it makes total sense for him to be this expensive. At 7 million he will be able to lead his team while still leaving a bit of wiggle room to add some pieces around him. I like this move for the Cuda.

:team350:O s m I t t y $6.5 Million:team350:
    Smitty comes down to the A after spending last season in the NHL and gets a big contract of 6.5 million. This sent much of a surprise. He’s been around for a long time and is a proven nhl caliber player. For 6.5 million, the skill and knowledge from his previous management tenures is absolutely worth the price for Bears. I really like this contract, and if the bears can add some pieces around him this could be a home run grab.

:team317:Broski_002 $6.25 Million:team317:
    Broski returns after a long hiatus from the Lg community and gets paid. He joins his buddy flips in Cleveland on a 6.5 million dollar deal. This contract makes a lot of sense for Cleveland, who bring in a go to winger with lots of experience to help bolster their core. I saw this move coming before bidding even started, and I think it’s a solid grab for the Monsters. The biggest question will be who he ends up playing with.

Left Defence

:team298:TxVxH 17 $10 Million:team298:
    Say hello to the highest paid defenceman in the AHL. The Toronto Marlies went all in on TxVxH 17, who has a very strong record in the NHL patrolling the left side with a 60-20-5 record. Look for TxVxH 17 to be a leader in the dressing room having been a part of LG PSN since season 1; this is a true grizzled vet. The only issue I have with this contract is it used 40% of the Marlies Salary in an already watered down AHL bidding and the Marlies had an empty roster prior to bidding.. They will need a lot of players to step up, but at the same time this is what GM’s had to pay for elite talent.

:team395:Grayy 23 $9.5 Million:team395:
    I really do like this contract. Sure 9.5 million is a lot for any player but the Chicago Wolves were in a very good position to do this. Having 7 out of 9 forwards already rostered on super cheap contracts you knew the wolves were bringing the EDDIE SHORE Winner home. I have heard he might miss the first two weeks of the season? I guess time will tell. Watch for Greggy to put up 60 points again this season. Also for those who didn't know, Grayy is an NHL xbox defenceman with an outstanding 39-19-2 record at the highest level in LG. I like this contract and think GM Archon did a great job.

:team777:Brutaldeth14 $8.25 Million:team777:
    Belleville Senators dropped every cent they had into this blueline, dropping 8.25 million on Brutaldeth14. Hard to believe Brutal was a 2 million contract in season 14 and now is an 8.25M defenceman. Brutal showed last season he can play at an elite level in the AHL posting a 20-6-2 +41 record in the regular season followed by a 3-0 playoff record. Brutal finished top 3 for all AHL LD in take aways with 93. Brutal will be a first line LD for the Sens this season no doubt. I hope he can have the scoring support like he did last season in Stockton. The Senators literally have a 500k army of forwards. I hope they did their homework and have some major steals or they are banking on winning 2-1 hockey games. Time will tell!

:team299:RoyalKC85 $6 Million:team299:
    Grand Rapids Griffins landed a true #1 left defenceman for 6 million in this AHL bidding. I personally like this contract a lot. Royal had a tough time in season 14 when he made the jump into the NHL, but with an opportunity for him to get back down to the AHL where he dominates, look for Royal to get back into his normal form. One of the best passers in the league, Royal should easily surpass 30 plus assists this season. I would have liked to see the Griffins slap a 2s on Royal to have him back the following year but they went in another direction. Chico should be proud of this signing.

:team515:Frostygta $5 Million:team515:
    Bakersfield landed Frosty for 5 million. This is an interesting signing. First I want to say I think Trav and Topshot have done a terrific job this bidding season. I like the defence core and the forward group. These guys have clearly done hours of scouting. Rewarding Frosty with a 5 million contract is what it is. The defenceman pool in bidding was very thin. This signing didn't hurt the team. I think the verdict is out if Frosty can handle first line assignments in the AHL though. I think with the right five man unit, it is very possible. It looks like Frosty is a responsible defenceman which is a great sighting. Finishing in the top 15 for left defenceman takeaways season 14 is a good indicator Frosty can take care of his own end. Don't look for him to light up the score board though only notching 15 points last season. Overall I do like this signing as it didn't hurt the team.

Right Defence

:team314:Yeet4TheWheat $8 Million:team314:
    Hartford landed their big fish rewarding Yeet with an 8 million contract. Yeet looks like he has dominated in the NHL for many seasons. This past season 14, Yeet finished with a 14-9-3 record with 90 takeaways which was good for top 10 in the NHL for right defenseman overall. I believe this is a great signing for Hartford. It is no secret they have a DP army so why not spend the cash on a winner like Yeet. Look for Yeet to play against top lines and shut it down.

:team315:OHBakk $8 Million:team315:
    Bridgeport made a massive splash this AHL bidding acquiring OhBakk for a 8 million price tag. Little bit of a head scratcher on this one. Hard to believe Yeet got the same contract. No knock on OhBakk he is a great defenceman who can play at an elite level, but this guy got the bag! In OhBakks defence he doesn't control how much money a team is willing to put up on him. Again I feel like I am repeating myself but the AHL depth in bidding this season was shallow. OhBakk can play a first line role in the AHL. He finished 4th in AHL right defenceman for take aways with a very respectable give away / take away ratio with -48. OhBakk has proven to play a big role with any AHL team he has been a part of and I don't think that is going to stop. With two successful seasons in the AHL finishing with above .500 records, look for OhBakk to surpass the 30 point mark this season and continue his winning record.

:team777:TheNortoriousBIG $6.5 Million:team777:
    Belleville Sens back at it again with a massive defenceman contract. Notorious is a very decorated LG player, recording a Season 8 Memorial Cup, Season 10 Calder cup, and a Season 12 Calder cup. Notorious is making the transition to defence for the first time. Known as a centre, it will be interesting to see the success Notorious can have. Last season we saw Ninety Eight and Jared2112 make this transition and I would say it panned out very well. I don't think this scenario will be any different. Look for Notorious to be a leader in the dressing room and on ice. As long as he can get the goal support from the forwards I think this contract will be a positive one!

:team307:Kingduckbuttah $6 Million:team307:
    The Moose landed a good one here. Signing Duck to a 6 million contract for 2 seasons. Duck is a former NHLer just as recent as last season. Things didn't go as well as Duck would have liked, but he is back down in the AHL where he has had multiple seasons of success. Duck has an overall record in the AHL of 122-49-10 which is pretty elite if you ask me. Look for Duck to lead the Moose to many wins and take on a ton of top lines. Hogan has done well with this one!

:team517:lvlrT-_- $6 Million:team517:
    Toeffoli and the Ontario Reign landed a first line RD by signing lvlrT-_- to a 6 million one season. Lots of teams struggle to find that top line defenseman all season. It's very difficult to land in a trade, but if you can check that box in bidding you are already ahead of the game. lvlrT-_- is another former NHLer, holding an overall NHL record of 72-52-13. Ontario has done well in bidding and I expect lvlrT-_- to be one of the better right defencemen this season. Look for him to have a breakout year point wise along with an above .500 record. Great signing!

Written by
    @CrashMan67 and @B-Red94
    Enjoy!

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Toeffoli

Toeffoli Well-Known Member

Discord:
    toeffoli#0
    Don’t matter probably some where out west
    Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -69
    goalie is not a position anymore?

• Troll Troll x 1
    AnthonyLive
  3. gatesse

gatesse Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 10 / -25
    Also do a top player ranking for goalies. Curious where I rank in your opinion lol

Gatess95
  4. Xb-red94

Xb-red94 Warning Group

Discord:
    xB-Red94#0845
    Ratings:
    +516 / 12 / -19
    Multiple goalies with the same contract pretty hard to pick them. Be grateful there’s some AHL content this season sheesh ‍♂️

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  5. olden-clavicle29

olden-clavicle29 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    nice job fellas. appreciate you taking the time!

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    Goalies aren't people

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Xb-red94

Xb-red94 Warning Group

Discord:
    xB-Red94#0845
    Ratings:
    +516 / 12 / -19
    I can look into doing one. Your AHL numbers are pretty elite lol. Grizzled Vet

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. gatesse

gatesse Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 10 / -25
    No we are animals lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    Gatess95
  9. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    Good write up!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Not Greggy

Not Greggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,024 / 93 / -147
    Back 2 Back Eddie Shore winner, @B-Red94 ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Xb-red94

Xb-red94 Warning Group

Discord:
    xB-Red94#0845
    Ratings:
    +516 / 12 / -19
    They should just rename the trophy

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. TaPoisse28

TaPoisse28 Don't get fooled, I'm really bad

Discord:
    tapoisse28#0
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, really entertaining to have AHL media this season. See you guys on the ice!

• Winner Winner x 2
    Tapoisse
  13. xDeedss

xDeedss Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +589 / 63 / -142
    Good writeup fellas!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Wiqked1

Wiqked1 Owner of szn13 Vville Tigres 62-5-5

Ratings:
    +695 / 19 / -95
    Love me some Ohbakk. Thanks for doing this.

• Winner Winner x 1
    DZRUHPT