LGAHLPSN THIS WEEK PODCAST - Week 3

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by tsibs88, May 22, 2016.

1. x-SPLATZ-x

x-SPLATZ-x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 15 / -11
    But I really enjoy the podcast and it takes real time to do so thanks boys

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    We have talked about half of the teams in the league in depth so far... Not really sure what your point is... We will be getting to the other half in the next 2 weeks... Along with some stars of the week. We can't just talk about everyone.. There is over 500 active roster players in this league we have to talk about the ones at the top. We try our best to get to as many as we can...

• Like Like x 3
    Moranaconda
  3. x-SPLATZ-x

Ratings:
    +63 / 15 / -11
    I have 1 for you of the top of my head . The condors with there winning record just called up a goalie from chl named Gally that's coming in at 9-0 and could be a knuckle ball thrown into the top tier if he plays to his potential. I'm playing him at 9:30 looking for the win . Sometimes a comment dosent need a point its just a comment of public opinion.

No Streaming Account
  4. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    From 17:30 - 18:00 you go from talking about cheaters being banned to talking about yeap again. That along with the Poll asking if him being banned puts some sort of black mark on the LG brand are pretty suggestive no? Doesn't matter if you mentioned him by name or not. Everyone knew who you were referring to when you talked about the league leading scorer being banned... There's only 1 of them.

No Streaming Account
  5. x-SPLATZ-x

Ratings:
    +63 / 15 / -11
    Gonzo I'm not sure it's worth replaying and spotting the moment he mentioned yeap. They talk for a long time man .most is probably of the hip I'm sure. Regardless of of content they keep a the community strong and engaged for all of us as a whole . My comment was only to bug these guys in the right direction as not to get repetitive. Maybe a player spotlight for every position every week would be cool .

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. GonzoArmstrong

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    I think the only thing they could possibly do that you mentioned is talk about players who had success at the CHL level getting called up and how that might translate at the AHL level.

Nobody wants to talk about bad teams/players at any level. It's all about who's hot.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    No Streaming Account
  7. Filthy_Habitz

Filthy_Habitz Fred T. Hunt Award Winner (S1)

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    Its the AHL podcast. Why talk about CHL call ups until they do something to talk about?
    The are covering every team in every conference each week. So I dont see how teams aren't getting equal "air time".
    I know everyone wants to hear their name. Some deserve it more than others. I think that they fell to "shoutbox pressure" and might have started a bad trend by mentioning attention seeking players. But if your not posting top numbers they wont see you. These guys are running a team, competing and also providing this free service for us all.
    I think they do a good job of giving the proper attention to those in the league. They look for the guys who are lighting it up, and stopping the rubber. They also in my opinion do a good job of finding those D men who may not have GREAT stats and commenting on their defensive play.
    As far as the previous topic. It was major news in LG that week. I doubt anyone will feel the need to mention it again. They are reviewing the week. If it happens they will report on it. I think thats them doing a good job.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  8. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    For the record and the poll would have shown this I DO NOT think it is a black mark on the league, I think they got it right end of story. You should NEVER have more than 1 active account EVER.. And I think the league has a lot more work to do to take down the other players using multiple accounts as well. And I hope they find them all.

• Like Like x 2
    Moranaconda
  9. GonzoArmstrong

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    he only had 1 active account though. The key thing is you should never have more than 1 account period. Whether its active or not.

No Streaming Account
  10. x-SPLATZ-x

Ratings:
    +63 / 15 / -11
    I could careless about hearing my name. I gave tonight's competitor a shout out and recognized his competitiveness maybe I'm just a fan of his show and want to here more . I have a lot of respect for maranaconda that has nothing to do with this show. Best shows are in there party chats. I'd be part of the bad news bears any day.

No Streaming Account
  11. vhigh

vhigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +640 / 8 / -68
    This is why we do it. We aren't trying to poop on anyone's parade, and we aren't gonna make everyone happy. It takes a lot of time and prep work to do a show and frankly we don't get to everything we want to talk about. I really appreciate your feedback as well as everyone else's and we want feedback good AND bad because that is how we improve. It doesn't hurt to have someone say they didn't like something but to pick 30 seconds out of a podcast that is a little over an hour long is taking it out of the context of the situation it was spoken in and that is unfair. However people will say what they want, and we will keep doing what we're doing and hopefully the community continues to listen. Thank you to ALL for your input and I'll be on with the boys Friday!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Vhigh
  12. GonzoArmstrong

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    to be fair it was from around the 12 minute mark to the 18/19 minute mark when you started/stopped talking about yeap aka The Leading scorer who got banned and about multi accounts in general. so 6-7 minutes. Not 30 seconds.

No Streaming Account
  13. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    I think all 3 of us have said it at one point or another today. We will do the show that we feel comfortable doing and that we think does a good job with coverage of the AHLPSN. With that, we will listen to criticism that is presented in a mature way. I may not agree with all the details of what Recon suggested but he is doing it in a constructive and respectful manner. I will always make time to listen to him and have a give and take on anything he wants to discuss. He has earned that, as have many others who have responded to the show in this way.

We continue to get solid feedback from the players in the league. The support has been overwhelming! Just as important, we have the trust and support of LG Management. In the end, we will do the show we want to do because it is a reflection of our own thoughts and ideas on the league. It will never be a filtered, homogenized podcast so as to not offend anyone. We will upset people along the way, it's inevitable, nevertheless we will stand by our thoughts and opinions. This is communication in a free society and we will not apologize for exercising that right.

Thank you to everyone for listening and supporting the show. We will be back on the air live on Friday!

tsibs88
  14. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Shout out to my boys in San Diego y'all are a hell of a team.

Great show guys enjoy your content and definitely recommend to keep this going . I would love to see this for NHL . Maybe next season sibs?

Shout out to @Tris10 for an amazing league he has brought to the PSN community can't thank you enough .

• Like Like x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  15. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Thanks Boss! We were already asked to do the NHL show so great minds think alike!

The problem is that it takes a good deal of time for us to prep for just the AHL show, including watching other games and going through the stats. We all work during the day so it doesnt leave us much time to do this work, especially when we have games to play that night!

I wish I had more time to devote to LG and content for the site but until I hit the lottery and can retire, I just dont have the time to do another league and I know Conda and Vhigh are in the same boat.

Now if I hit a good lottery jackpot, I'll even buy new servers for Tris!! ;)

tsibs88
  16. Lions67

Lions67 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -4
    It's an excellent show that compliments the league very well. You guys do a great job. Maybe you guys can talk about the teams that may be missing the mark so far this season as well. I know it isn't as sexy as talking about Claus and the top teams, but it does give a completeness so to speak.
    Keep up the great work guys!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    We have talked about those teams at least in 2 divisions so far.. We still have 2 divisions to go and we will have talked about every single team in depth...

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  18. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    To Mike's point, we are trying to address all teams with the division a week discussion, but your point is well taken Lions. Thanks for the props!

tsibs88
  19. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Yeah I guess I may have come off a little stand offish... LOL Which is not the intention just in a rush at work all day today.. But yeah we are trying to get to all the teams as best we can and say a little about everyone.The one team we may just leave out of the entire conversation is the Hershey Bears because they just can't seem to get they're act together and stay consistent... LOL <----- Joke because for those that may not know that is the team we run so we are allowed to put them down... LOL

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  20. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    You have one good G in jeff tremblay but the other guy is awful!!

tsibs88