LGBA S27 Awards: A Breakdown Of Every Award. Who was snubbed? What did the voters get right?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Natural Snag, May 18, 2021.

?

Did the voters get the awards right?

1. Yes

9.1%
  2. No

9.1%
  3. Some right, some wrong.

81.8%
  1. Natural Snag

Natural Snag Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -2
    After a much too long wait the awards for LGBA Season 27 were finally released. And, like every year in every sport, you could say there were some snubs, and some selections the committee got right. So I’m here today to break each award down, and see what the committee got right and wrong.

Before I get into the details I know many people won’t want to read every award so here’s a TLDR of every award I think involved a snub. If you want an explanation as to why, scroll to the given award for your answer:

Full Snubs:

MOTY:

Witt snubbed.

All NBA Second Team:

Munnie snubbed. Should be over SlimeWorld.

All NBA Third Team:

MikeyG snubbed. Should be over Mason.

All NBA Defensive First Team:

BossUp/Extreme Snubbed. Should be over Viz

All NBA Defensive Second Team:

The other of BossUp/Extreme Snubbed.

Semi Snubs:

DPOY:

Kasra semi snubbed by Snype

All NBA Second Team:

Grizzly Semi Snubbed by Kenan

That’s all.

And now to the full details for every award.

MVP:

This one is a no doubter. Venom was the MVP throughout the entire year and rightfully so. Now, you could make an argument that Tee should have gotten second place over Witt, but Witt’s numbers in all categories either match or surpass Teei, so I think the voters got this one right.

DPOY:

Defensive player of the year was a two man race all the way between Snype and Kasra. And Snype got the nod, winning the vote 76-72. There are a good amount of people who think Kas should have gotten the award, but when you look at the numbers, Snype held opposing PG’s to less PPG, APG, and worse shooting percentages. However, we will see who the real DPOY is when these two face off in the finals. For now, I’ll say the voters got it right.

MIP:

Full time bat flipper and part time LGBA member SlimeWorld took home MIP. Here’s how much he improved in each category from last season: +15.6 PPG, +0.3 REB, +4.4 AST, +0.7 steals. The runner up, Munnie, only improved each statistic by about .5, so Slime definitely deserves the nod here.

MOTY:

The manager of the year voting reflected the standings; Snype of the Celtics in first, Witt of the Suns in second, and Jig of the Nets in third. And this award is where I’ll say the voters got it wrong. While Snype deserves all the credit for getting venom for cheap, the trade for Ando, at least statistically, made the team worse. Now yes, they still finished in first, but that trade reduced the Celtics from a almost lock for the chip to a beatable contender. Instead of Snype getting MOTY, I’d give it to Witt with Jig a close second. Witt picked up the most improved player of the year in SlimeWorld while having his team finish second, and that is why he’s my MOTY.

All-NBA First Team:

G: Venom - He’s the MVP, no debate

G: Witt - MVP runner up. Could make a case of Teei but if Witt finishes over him in the MVP race, he has to get first team honors.

F: Snype- DPOY while also mixing in ball handling and PNR duties, he has to get the nod.

F: Kvsra - Definitely not as impactful offensively as the other guys on the first team, but he was a top 2 maybe even the best lock this season, so this is well deserved.

C: Viz IPM - Viz is arguably the best offensive center in the league, while also being able to hold his own on defense. Well deserved.

All-NBA Second Team:

G: Teei - This man had a first team level season, so him being here just so shows how stacked the guards class is, and maybe should encourage a reformatting of the All-NBA Team Awards.

G: SlimeWorld - The MIP himself. But how does Munnie finish 4th in MVP voting but Slime gets the second team nod here? Voters got this wrong here due to inconsistencies.

F: Kenan NFC - I think you could swap Berry Grizzly for Kenan and it would still be valid, but I won’t give the voters a full L on this one.

F: SubxForce - Sub is one of the least talked about good locks in the league. He’s only a step or two away from being a DPOY level candidate, and maybe would be if Snype and Kvsra weren’t so dominant. Well deserved.

C: Extreme - No debate, if Viz wasn’t so good offensively he’d be a first teamer.

All NBA 3rd Team:

G - Munnie - How does the man 4th in MVP voting find himself on the third team? Voters got it wrong.

G - Strapz - Strapz is in the same boat as Teei. Had a season that should land him on a better All NBA team, but the guard position is so stacked he finds himself here.

F - Grizzly - Like I said, you could swap him with Kenan and it would still make sense, but I understand why he’s here.

F- Mason - He played the majority of his games at center if I’m not mistaken, so I’m a bit confused with this one. Someone like MikeyG should definitely have gotten the nod here. Voters take an L on this one.

C- Boss Up B - He’s your perfect role playing center who is one of the better shooting centers in the league right behind Viz.

All NBA Defensive 1st Team:

G: Venom - This man literally played lock for his line while running PG. He has to get the nod.

G: Rainy - Rainy averaged 2.5 steals and almost a full block per game. For a guard this is impressive, and rightfully lands him on the first team.

F: Snype - I don’t need to explain this

F: Kas - Don’t need to explain this either.

C: Viz - I think Extreme and Boss Up B are as or more impactful than Viz on the defensive end, but the box score stats favor Viz so it makes sense why the voters think he should be here. I just don’t agree.

All NBA Defensive 2nd Team:

G: Teei - There aren’t too many defensive “guards” with the current meta so we’re in the trenches, but Teei gets it done.

G: Witt - See Teei’s reasoning.

F: SubxForce - Like I said, he’s not talked about enough! Sub put up some solid numbers against the best the league has to offer.

F: MikeyG. I’d take Mikey over Mason for that F spot on the third team, and I’d definitely take him here for the defensive second team. Good pick.

C: Boss Up B. Could be on first team all defense depending who you ask, well deserved.

This concludes the awards snubs and summary. Congratulations to all those who got an award. And for those who got snubbed, go get em next season.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account