LGHL S3 Eastern Conference Preview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by canuckftc12W, Oct 10, 2016.

1. canuckftc12W

canuckftc12W Well-Known Member

Discord:
    canuckftc12W#5025
    Ratings:
    +605 / 29 / -68
    Hi, I heard JP was did one too and he's pretty good at these writeup things, but since I did the West I'm gonna do this anyways, but I'll probably add more depth to it after seeing what he did with his writeup. I also saw what people said about forgetting draft selections for many teams on the west writeup and have decided to go through the AHL farm team rosters so that I don't miss anyone. Enjoy.

Eastern Conference Preview

:team2: Boston Bruins

Offense: A+
    To kick start the offense, Chief put together what looks like one of the more dangerous first lines in the league. Taking @AgentSooksta008 for a reasonable 8 mill in bidding, he's established himself as a top 5 LW over here since switching over a year ago and should dominate, especially with the line mates he has. Boston picked up @I-Bone__Crusha-I and @Kraz18 with their 2 top 10 draft picks to round out the top line, the trio is valued at only 12 mill, well done Boston. It doesn't just stop at the first line though, Boston actually has a pretty favourable depth lineup. solid RW depth along with kraz in @GallyChucky and @Kush-Demon_QC . They also have solid depth through the middle behind Bone with @x Loops 19 x who was the Maurice Richard Trophy winner with just under 60 goals last season, and @RubMyDuck27 who will be very good on the 3rd line. The Bruins have equally nice depth on the left side with @Djnel2011 and 26th overall pick @rV_CLuTcHz . Overall a very dangerous offensive lineup. I haven't looked at all the Eastern team rosters in depth yet, but so far Boston's offense is the clear best behind Chicago.

Defense: B+
    The defensive side isn't quite as flashy and dominant as the offensive side, but Boston still has some nice pieces in place. The top dman on the team it appears is @soccaplaya11 . Disliked by many, he still is one of the better LD's in the league and should be good for this team. Boston picked up @xYUCKOx in bidding for 3.5 mill which was some pretty good value for him, in my opinion they should play him on the first line with socca. Boston has some very good depth to round out the bottom 4 with @I--Chief--I , @JNasTy003 , @L3iggy13iggs , and @Dion Dieon . Boston's defensive core is underrated by a lot of people I feel and will work out fine for them in my opinion.

Goaltending: B-

@Luigiplaysbass put up good numbers in the AHL and has been able to replicate it whenever he's been brought up to the NHL.

Draft Picks:

Projected Lines

Line grades rank based on skill relative to the role

1st Line (offense) - @AgentSooksta008 - @I-Bone__Crusha-I - @Kraz18 (A+)
    2nd Line (offense) - @Djnel2011 - @x Loops 19 x - @Kush-Demon_QC (A)
    3rd Line (offense) - @rV_CLuTcHz - @RubMyDuck27 - @GallyChucky (A+)

1st Line (Defense) - @soccaplaya11 - @xYUCKOx (B+)
    2nd Line (Defense) - @I--Chief--I - @JNasTy003 (A-)
    3rd Line (Defense) - @Dion Dieon - @L3iggy13iggs (A)

Starting Goalie - @Luigiplaysbass
    Backup Goalie - @ninjaturtle_mike

Verdict: A

Chief and I may not be the best of friends, but I'll give credit where it's due, as he's put together a team that will be one of the top teams in the East and are bound for a potential deep playoff run. Offensively this team comes close to Chicago, on the defensive side they're solid as well. Excellent bidding and drafting has turned this team into one of the top teams in the league this season.

:team18: Buffalo Sabres

Offense: B-
    Contrary to last season, the Sabres aren't very scary on the offensive side, but they do still have some good pieces in place along with depth. Buffalo picked up my boy @JCoul-l41l in bidding, he's been one of the more underrated players in the community and will be a solid first line C for this team, unfortunately he's the only real big name on this team that screams first liner. Buffalo also won rights to @ll_19-Toews who will be a solid 2nd line C and adds nice depth down the middle. Buffalo has nice depth on wings, however it seems as though they have a plethora of good 2nd/3rd line guys but no real 1st liners that can create a dominant first line with Jcoul.

Defense: A-
    Similar to the offensive side, the defensive lineup has good depth, but also has some stand out players that can play well against some of the better teams. Buffalo traded for @sobo18 in the offseason, he's a pretty good player (elite for LG standards) and will be a solid starting LD for this team. Buffalo took @jamNOTmarmalade for 5 mill in bidding which is some pretty good value considering what others went for,
    though it should be known that he's not interested in playing, what he's really after is digging into the sexual lives of his teammates and Buffalo should be cautious with handling him. @holymoly669 and @thesophist10 should be a very solid pairing as well, with @x ScrumZzyy and @uhPyro finishing off a very solid d core.

Goaltending: A+

Two pretty good goalies here, both of whom played on the 2 best defensive teams in the league last season and should be able to do something of the sort again this season.

Projected Lines

1st Line (Offense) - @FALK - @JCoul-l41l - @ItsGally (B-)
    2nd Line (Offense) - @Hightimes22 - @ll_19-Toews - @Crack-Mike420 (B+)
    3rd Line (Offense) - @stamkos91Tbl91 - @bongboy5000 - @BennBrothers (A)

1st Line (Defense) - @sobo18 - @jamNOTmarmalade (A-)
    2nd Line (Defense) - @holymoly669 - @thesophist10 (A+)
    3rd Line (Defense) - @uhPyro - @x ScrumZzyy (A+)

Starting Goalie - @JTowNE41 and @nochance85 (A+)

Verdict: B
    Buffalo isn't terrible but they are definitely not going to be in a position to repeat what they did last season. so far this team looks like the season 2 Winnipeg Jets, good defense and goaltending, but not many threats on the offensive end. They have good depth, but apart from a few they don't have much skill on offense.

:team74: Carolina Hurricanes

Offense: A-
    The lineup here maintains the same core that's been in place since season 1. Leading the offense is the duo of @acefive and @FrankyScott who have performed well for Carolina in the past 2 seasons and will likely continue to do so, however now they have new GM @AAli-21 to play RW on the top line with them, I think he'll compliment their style well and form one of the more underrated first lines in the league. The Hurricanes maintain their good C depth with @Bruchboi900 who will be a solid 2nd line C. Returning players in @Reps_71 and @Scoring-Aces fill out the top 6 nicely along with some good depth to piece together the 3rd line.

Defense: B-
    The defensive side is where I think Carolina lags behind most other playoff teams. They have a number of good 2nd line type dmen in @Raz-Orr , @Eggman--1 , @Jbarnett2001 , and @Tikillah , but lack a real top pairing. @Tikillah can maybe be a good starting RD but they really lack that x factor top pairing that can shutdown some top lines.

Goaltending: A

@Bmidg2121 and @sparkplug87 nic are a solid goaltending tandem and should be relied on to shut the door when the defense falters.

Projected Lines

1st Line (offense) - @acefive - @FrankyScott - @AAli-21 (A-)
    2nd Line (offense) - @Reps_71 - @Bruchboi900 - @Scoring-Aces (A+)
    3rd Line (offense) - @Fred-Proulx- - @ll-lMaGiiKzl-ll - @rich2k8 (A+)

1st Line (defense) - @Eggman--1 - @Tikillah (B-)
    2nd Line (defense) - @Raz-Orr - @Jbarnett2001 (B+)
    3rd Line (defense) - @ImSikBoi - @ric-sha1993 (B-)

Starting Goalie - @Bmidg2121 and @sparkplug87 nic (A)

Verdict: B+
    This team is mainly offensively based, great depth on the wings and a prominent top line should be able to perform and put up goals every night. Where this team falters is on the defensive end. There's a good depth pool but a lack of a real top pairing, this will be a problem in the playoffs.

:team6: Columbus Blue Jackets

Forwards: A
    The Jackets did a lot work during the off season through trades and bidding to really bolster the offense and succeeded as they've built a dangerous offensive lineup. To lead a solid C core, the Blue Jackets put a whopping 10.25 M on @JClaus33 , I don't really know if he's worth over 10 mill, but he's a very good player and should produce on a good top line. The Blue Jackets brought back @StaR_71- in bidding for close to 3M cheaper, him, @JClaus33 , and @Fool x 90 will form a good first line. The 2nd line doesn't slack off either, with @VEXEloQuence and @Bombaclakt on the wings and @Alexdrum100 at C. This will be one of the more productive second lines in the league coming in at a combined value of 5.75 M. @Estrada is a solid 3rd liner and should be okay with whoever these two other guys are.

Leading the defensive lineup is the top pairing of @Trio_Bigmac- and @Dydy23 , trio is a pretty good player and Dydy is a former playstation elite, they should be solid. Another key is the depth pool, especially down the right side with owner @niner80rice and @TijO_Qc . @TheEndOfACircle was a nice add as well and finishes off a rather solid lineup.

@Borje_Salming_21 and @Biglambers are both solid and form a very good goaltending tandem

Projected Lineup:

1st Line (offense) - @StaR_71- - @JClaus33 - @Fool x 90 (A-)
    2nd Line (offense) - @VEXEloQuence - @Alexdrum100 - @Bombaclakt (A+)
    3rd Line (offense) - @Estrada - @Boutch_87 - @fatgillie (A-)

1st Line (defense) - @Dydy23 - @Trio_Bigmac- (A-)
    2nd Line (defense) - @TheEndOfACircle - @niner80rice (A+)
    3rd Line (defense) - @Slo_Mobius - @TijO_Qc (A-)

Starting Goalie - @Biglambers (A)
    Backup Goalie - @Borje_Salming_21 (A)

Columbus has always been good enough to make the playoffs, but their mediocrity always eliminates them in the first 2 rounds. Niner and Trio did a very good job in the off season to add pieces through great trading and having players like @Bombaclakt , @Alexdrum100 , and @Dydy23 on amazing contracts. One of the better top 6 lineups in the league, either of their top 2 lines can compete against most top lines. Defense was a big problem for the Jackets last season, and has been solved with some stellar additions, starting with getting Trio as their GM. Look out for this team, as they're one of the better teams in the East this season.

:team10: Detroit Red Wings

Leading the offense is owner @Rehanek , never played with him, but is pretty good from what I've heard. Along with him they should have @GwalIla on the right side who was a fucking steal, beyond me how he went for 3 mill, but I guess most owners were just really stupid. No C here really stands out to me, I don't recognize this @Le-TKeSS guy, but he put up 80 points last season so maybe he's the answer. If not, they can always move @GwalIla to C and have @Browness or @UPSWyatt play top line rw, will be solid either way. Aside from those guys they have some solid depth pieces to fill out the bottom line.

Leading the defensive lineup is the top 3 of @FR0BE 8, @Ryudo2337 , and @x Braydenn . Aside from that I don't really know how good the bottom 3 is, @Vikes was dominant in the AHL and @KQ31 is a goalie, so you can make your own judgement based off of that

Goaltending: B
    @Mollet_29 is solid and should hold it down, I don't know who @turdburgler169 is, but he seems like he'd be a real nice lady.

Projected Lineup:

1st Line (offense) - @Rehanek - @GwalIla - @UPSWyatt (A+)
    2nd Line (offense) - @Reddy - @Le-TKeSS - @Browness (A)
    3rd Line (offense) - @WeTheNorth_87 - @xX-S-P-i-D-eR-Xx - @Xxqc_poutine69xx (A)

1st Line (defense) - @FR0BE 8 - @x Braydenn (A+)
    2nd Line (defense) - @Ryudo2337 - @Vikes (A-)
    3rd Line (defense) - @Brewskies247 - @KQ31 (B)

Starting Goalie - @Mollet_29 (A-)
    Backup Goalie - @turdburgler169 - (B)

Verdict: A-
    Long gone are the @pappy_pap_smear Detroit Red Wing days, this team is very solid throughout and will be one of the better teams, their depth doesn't quite match up to some of the better teams, but they have the talent up front to make a good playoff run.

:team23: Florida Panthers

Offense: A+
    Florida was already pretty good offensively last season, they didn't have many real big name forwards, but their depth pool allowed them to form 3 solid lines that can produce night in and night out, @KingClutchlx77l has built on that core with many notable moves to add some very good top end forwards. The best move was bringing in @jeff0012 as a GM, he's one of the few elite RW's on the console and has the vision and thumbs to put up points every night. To play a long side jeff, Clutch made trades to acquire @Voltep and @XxJusT4TheShoWxX who will form a dominant first line with @jeff0012 . Behind the top line, Florida still carries the great depth that made them a good team last season. @KingClutchlx77l and @Hriiz make for very good 2nd liners. Putting 5 mill on @ShroomSmoke is questionable, but finishes off a great 2nd line with Clutch and Hriiz. Florida continues to carry great depth to the 3rd line with players such as @TGolding007 , @EnableVII , and @xi_Goldy . Overall this team has the same depth they had last season, but added on to it by adding some very good players that can play against other top lines.

Defense: B-
    Boosting the offense unfortunately cost Florida some of their defensive capabilities, losing @thesophist10 and @holymoly669 leaves a gap on the defensive side. To fill the gap, the panthers bid 5.75 Mill on @ProSeriesFrank , a top xbox guy from what I've heard and will need to carry the load big time when looking at the remaining lineup. Aside from Frank there really doesn't seem to be any dmen that seem good. @Lojikuhl and @NicNacAttac are okay and can hang on the second line, this @p0itraz2z guy is a career AHL'er according to stats. I haven't heard many great things about @Boston_Shaun , anyone who has been involved in the NHL 16 Draft Games knows @xDubz47 isnt the greatest of players, no need to dwell deeper into that.

@Ethos Jinx was a skater prior to this season so I don't really know how he is as a goalie, @Qc_ChieF-27 is a good goalie from my experience.

Projected Lineups:

1st Line (offense) - @Voltep - @XxJusT4TheShoWxX - @jeff0012 (A+)
    2nd Line (offense) - @ShroomSmoke - @KingClutchlx77l - @Hriiz (A+)
    3rd Line (offense) - @xi_Goldy - @EnableVII - @TGolding007 (A)

1st Line (defense) - @ProSeriesFrank - @Boston_Shaun (A-)
    2nd Line (defense) - @Lojikuhl - @xDubz47 (C+)
    3rd Line (defense) - @NicNacAttac - @p0itraz2z (B+)

Starting Goalie - @Qc_ChieF-27 (B+)
    Backup Goalie - @Ethos Jinx (NA)

Florida built off of their surprising season to add some big pieces to add to their offensive lineup, making them one of the more dangerous offensive teams, up there with Chicago, Boston, Nashville, and Dallas. At the cost of improving their offense, Florida gave up defensive assets that caused a gap that was failed to be filled during bidding. @ProSeriesFrank was a nice pickup but no one aside from him really adds much, putting 5 mill on a 2nd line winger was a bad decision as that money could've been put towards grabbing a good dman. Never the less this team will be up there with the best, but their defensive core will be their downfall.

:team5: Montreal Canadiens

Offense: B
    To start, Montreal actually has quite solid depth down the middle with @Bealer 12 , @MikexMassacre , and @v Sloshy who they picked up in bidding, I don't really know how good of a forward Sloshy is, but judging by his ability on D, he should be somewhat decent at least and should be good defensively. Don't know who @Foote is, but he's supposedly pretty good according to the Xbox crowd. Montreal has a pretty good depth lineup after those 3, and fill out the remaining lines with pretty average players for the most part who should get the job done. Nothing that's on the level of Boston, Columbus, or Florida, but they should do fine with the lineup as is.

Defense: C+
    The defensive side really has a lot of questions, it certainly isn't among the best in the league but it's hard to tell if its bad or not. For starters they put 7.5 mill on @XIBIGMUMMYIX , this bidding decision really questions management's eye for talent. Considering @LiquiFy-SzTar was 2.5 mill higher, @Hardik88 being 1.75 mill higher and @Gwan being 500k higher, they really could have really bolstered the defense for around the same price, its whatever though, @XIBIGMUMMYIX isn't a bad player for league and can add something. GM @sir_scoopy is decent and should probably play first line over bigmummy, but considering they put nearly 8 mill on the guy I expect scoopy will act as a solid 2nd liner. @x_ReAcTiiOnz_71 is a great depth dman, @Nick_x_98 is quite the idiot from my interactions with him, however he put up 84 points on forward last season (even though he was an exposed scrub hunter) so he should be able to add something. Some okay pieces, and some okay depth, nothing special here.

@C_Hines5 is good from what I remember, @DrDobacksCat has decent AHL stats so he should be fine in a backup role.

Projected Lineup:

1st Line (offense) - @Foote - @v Sloshy - @TuRTLe l19l
    2nd Line (offense) - @CelpHxTitleD506 - @Bealer 12 - @theyaIIfloat
    3rd Line (offense) - @iTsKingJayDee - @MikexMassacre - @x-l3l_l1l-x

1st Line (defense) - @llamapen - @XIBIGMUMMYIX (D+)
    2nd Line (defense) - @Nick_x_98 - @sir_scoopy (A)
    3rd Line (defense) - @JV_DANK_13 - @x_ReAcTiiOnz_71 (A-)

Starting Goalie - @C_Hines5 (B)
    Backup Goalie - @DrDobacksCat (A-)

Verdict:
    Montreal isn't a bad team, they could make the playoffs with the final wildcard spot, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. The Canadiens have some good pieces like @v Sloshy , @Foote , and @Bealer 12 with some good depth in areas, but they really lack anything that will compete against the best teams, the offense can compete, but the defense will be this team's downfall.

:team7: New Jersey Devils

The Devils aren't a powerhouse team offensively, but I feel as thought the offense here will be underrated by many. GM @ivegotyour6 is a pretty good player and should be playing first line. To play first line with @ivegotyour6 the Devils picked up @TurcNasTy_71 and @JBrodie21 , both good pick ups at some good value in the market and should form one of the better first lines in the league, since the Devils only have 2 centers they could also move @ivegotyour6 to C and and spread out him and @TurcNasTy_71 for a solid 1/2 punch, solid either way. The Devils also have some good depth pieces for the 2nd and 3rd line in @sloanertw , @Ja-girard , @Akonvict21 , and @blckhwk84 . Overall skilled lineup up front with depth through the lineup.

The Devils don't slack off in the defensive end, the first glaring notable is the great RD depth with @Gotteeeeem24 , @kylebr333 , and @Serpe x 13 . All 3 of these guys are 1st line capable so I'm assuming either kyle or serpe will probably play LD on the top line with AP. On the left side the Devils have owner @Coltcrazy who should make for a good 2nd line dman.

@lx JoneZ xl has established himself as one of the better goalies since coming to LG, was ridiculed by people in the chat when he first came over for calling himself good while being relatively unknown, but now plays with xbox elites, he should be good for this team.

Projected Lineups:

1st Line (offense) - @Ja-girard - @TurcNasTy_71 - @JBrodie21 (A-)
    2nd Line (offense) - @blckhwk84 - @ivegotyour6 - @sloanertw (A+)
    3rd Line (offense) - @VoltageFusion - @Akonvict21 - @SebCrakpot (A-)

1st Line (defense) - @kylebr333 - @Gotteeeeem24 (A-)
    2nd Line (defense) - @Coltcrazy - @Serpe x 13 (A+)
    3rd Line (defense) - @KINFOl_K - @Fatjoedashow1984

Starting Goalie - @lx JoneZ xl (A)
    Backup Goalie - @SacDiesel313 (B+)

The Devils are a much improved team from the shallow team last season, @Coltcrazy and @ivegotyour6 really did a great job with trades during the offseason to bring @Gotteeeeem24 in and then making @ivegotyour6 his GM, following solid pickups during bidding. The Devils are maybe not on a Bruins level of skill, but are still in the group of top teams in the East in my opinion and will catch many by surprise, however if things go south I can see people like @Serpe x 13 possibly disappearing due to "personal issues" or whatever else there may be, we saw what happened to Calgary last season, however I don't expect that to happen, look for the Devils to surprise and put up a good playoff run.

:team27: New York Islanders

Offense: B+
    The offensive lineup here has some potential and I think will also be underrated. To lead the offense the Islanders picked up @sam11stern which I found hilarious considering @B0SS of B0SSES is also on the team. I'm pretty sure sam doesn't really give a fuck, but I know BoB hates him, so it will be interesting to see how it works out considering they'll probably play together on the top line. If they resolve their issues this could actually be a pretty good first line, @sam11stern is a top 5 LW over on playstation and @B0SS of B0SSES is a decent player from xbox, they don't have any C's on the roster other than @Insane_Hellfire though, and he's more of a 2nd/3rd line suited guy so I expect they'll put sam or one of their 5 RW's at C, @Insane_Hellfire did put over 85 points last season so maybe I'm wrong and they'll put him on the top line. To make this a more convincing troll team they have @toslick as GM, he's a good player for league though and can be effective on a 2nd line. The islanders have good depth on the wings with @McInnis_91 who is a steal for 500k, @henny_16 , @SiDD_05 , @Yata08 , and @sazer15 who all fill out the bottom 6 quite nicely.

Defense: C+
    The Islanders spent 12.5 mill on defense during bidding, but it still looks weak to me and will cause them some problems. I don't think its quite as bad as some make it out to be, but it certainly isn't a lineup you'd expect when spending 12.5 mill on it. The LD depth isn't bad with @stay_at_homed and @ToNeSeTTa_ , although @rottingflesh666 isn't the best from my experience. @G0DlSN0WHERE is okay but is no top line dman, I've heard @RABID WOLV3RIN3 is okay, but really underwhelming lineup.

Goaltending: A-

@alonzi401 is a good goalie and will have to stand on his head many nights with the defenseman he'll have playing in front of him on many nights.

Projected Lineup:

1st Line (offense) - @McInnis_91 - @sam11stern - @B0SS of B0SSES (A-)
    2nd Line (offense) - @SiDD_05 - @Insane_Hellfire - @henny_16 (B+)
    3rd Line (offense) - @Yata08 - @toslick - @sazer15 (A-)

1st Line (defense) - @stay_at_homed - @ToNeSeTTa_
    2nd Line (defense) - @hawleyd - @G0DlSN0WHERE
    3rd Line (defense) - @rottingflesh666 - @RABID WOLV3RIN3

Starting Goalie - @alonzi401 (B+)
    Backup Goalie - @Cheesuschrst (B-)

Its tough to judge how the Islanders will do this season, I can see them being a potential playoff team, but I can also see them being the team that collapses and crashes and burns. they have some good pieces and good depth up front on offense, although the @sam11stern and @B0SS of B0SSES fued could get in the middle of their season. The real downfall of this is on D, alonzi is a deceng goalie but he won't be able to take all the fire power he'll face when going up against some top teams, the offense will have to be on their toes, needing to score 4 or 5 goals on many nights.

:team12: New York Rangers

Offense: C
    The offense has a few good pieces for the top 6 like @Novak4Prez , @Ltz_McLovin , @the724sniper , and @LeeMalvo , even then the only true first line type guy from that group is Novak, the rest are more 2nd liners, and then everyone else on this lineup is 3rd line or AHL worthy. the lack of offense will kill this team in the end.

Defense: B
    The defense is a little better, but still isn't anything to brag about. They have @pucku33 who is a good dman, and then the rest are just sort of meh. Not bad, but nothing that will carry the team to the playoffs.

Goaltending: B+

@paigeisraddd is a good goalie and can maybe steal some games with the lack of offense, but it won't be enough in the end.

Projected Lineup:

1st Line (offense) - @Ltz_McLovin - @Novak4Prez - @the724sniper (C+)
    2nd Line (offense) - @J_durst-8 - @xKillhouse - @LeeMalvo (C+)
    3rd Line (offense) - @crisis131078 - @Shaynestaa - @Jetup91 (D+)

1st Line (defense) - @RyNoE55 - @pucku33 (B+)
    2nd Line (defense) - @Greeno1822 - @Plastic_World (B+)
    3rd Line (defense) - @Bubba17- - @cjdtheprofessor (B+)

Starting Goalie - @paigeisraddd (B+)
    Backup Goalie - @Omgprice31 (B+)

Verdict: C+
    The offense on this team is one of worst in the league, down their with teams like Calgary. They have a few impact players but outside of @Novak4Prez nothing that's too special. The defense and goaltending isn't bad and should win them some games, but won't carry the team to being even close to a playoff spot.

:team20: Ottawa Senators

To carry the offense, the Senators picked up C @dankchank , one of the better C's on this console, 6.5 mill was very good value in this market. Unfortunately aside from dank Ottawa doesn't have any staple first liners, but they do have some good 2nd liners who should be fine on a 1st line with a guy like dank who is one of the better playmakers in the game. @Go_marc , @I8l_Nik_I6l , @jor2good , @Kuzy--92-- , and @A_Raging_Sloth are good 2nd line type guys and 2 of them can maybe form a first line with @dankchank . @eF-5ive and @JDForthy could be solid 3rd liners, with @J_Rose_19 as the 2nd line C. The Senators have @dankchank , bus aside from him they really lack any true first liners, the depth is also shallow with some possible gaps in the lineup. Ottawa doesn't have a bad offensive lineup, but they lack a real line that can match up against some of the other top lines in the league.

The defensive lineup pretty much mirrors the structure of the offense. Ottawa has one true first liner in @bievsea who can really shut down a lot of top lines. Aside from him the Senators don't have a lineup full of complete noobs, but no one that really sort of stands out either, I don't think type of structure hurts them on defense as much as offense, but it will still be a factor that separates them from the true top/good teams in the conference.

@flight-airline used to be a pretty good goalie a few years ago, I haven't played with him recently, but I haven't heard the best things about his play. Even if @flight-airline isn't good anymore they have @XdarksparkX who was solid for the Blue Jackets last season, overall I think this should be a solid goaltending tandem.

Projected Lineup:

1st Line (offense) - @Go_marc - @dankchank - @I8l_Nik_I6l (B)
    2nd Line (offense) - @A_Raging_Sloth - @Kuzy--92-- - @eF-5ive (B+)
    3rd Line (offense) - @jor2good - @J_Rose_19 - @JDForthy (A)

1st Line (defense) - @slammerama - @bievsea (B)
    2nd Line (defense) - @LeBlondl77l - @Bloop_33 (A-)
    3rd Line (defense) - @TIMmcV - @Local-463 (A-)

Starting Goalie - @XdarksparkX (A-)
    Backup Goalie - @flight-airline (A+)

The overall structure of this team on both defense and offense seems to be having 1 x factor player and then surrounding that player with a mountain of depth. On offense it affects it greatly as they have an average lineup at best, I don't it's as big of an issue on defense since it makes for a good depth pool, but lacking a true top line will hurt this team. I can see this team battling for a playoff spot and maybe just barely making it in.

:team4: Philadelphia Flyers

Offense: C-
    The offensive lineup here once again looks weak just like it has in past seasons. The Flyers have @ak_KeBeCoiS_ak who has always been a good player and should be a solid top line C. The Flyers also picked up @Auto Jets for 3.5 Mill, never played with the guy, but with some digging found that he was sort of a 750k - 1M guy on xbox, so I guess he should probably be an okay 2nd liner. Aside from those two there's pretty much nothing else, @nriney put up 86 points in the AHL, so maybe he could be okay in the NHL, the rest are just very underwhelming NHL level 3rd liners and AHL guys. Goals will be rare unless @ak_KeBeCoiS_ak is in the lineup, so they'll need something from the back end if they have any chance at even being semi competitive.

Defense: C-
    To lead the defensive lineup the Flyers put a combined 13.75 mill on @Lazy Pedestrian and @Rishkoi . @Lazy Pedestrian is semi decent from what I've heard and is a 2 - 3 mill guy on xbox, however I saw him in the chat explaining how important developing chemistry for weeks on end is the key to success, which is why I'm beginning to have my doubts. I've heard some good things about @Rishkoi but found that he's an AHL player over on xbox so it's really hard to judge how well he'll do. Everyone else here are career AHL guys, none of them even have inflated stats either (I know their dmen, but still its ahl) so it's probably bad news. There's nothing but question marks with the top 2, while the rest are AHL players. Weak depth will kill this team in the long run.

Goaltending: B+

@Bbrawler84 put up great stats in the AHL and has also performed very well in the 5 or so games he's played in the NHL, 5 games is a small sample size, but judging from his track record he could be an emerging goalie that can surprise many, and for Philadelphia's sake hopefully he is, they'll need all the help they can get.

Projected Lines

1st Line (offense) - @nriney - @ak_KeBeCoiS_ak - @Auto Jets (B-)
    2nd Line (offense) - @Tanger7758 - @skeymour - @Real_Deal18 (C-)
    3rd Line (offense) - @chaRbennn - @FUQT - @Kojakle16 (D)

1st Line (defense) - @Lazy Pedestrian - @Rishkoi (B)
    2nd Line (defense) - @String_King666 - @ApoLLo_77 (D+)
    3rd Line (defense) - @HitByTheBest95 - @DarthGotenks45 (D-)

Starting Goalie - @Bbrawler84 (B)
    Backup Goalie - @Peakee_Blinderz (B+)

Verdict: D
    Honestly there isn't much to say about this team, they're just straight up bad and will be competing with Calgary for the top pick in next season's draft. I really don't understand the thought process behind the management on this team, there's a much larger portion of AHL players on this roster than NHL players, I think that really says it all.

:team78: Pittsburgh Penguins

The Penguins don't really have any big name forwards, but what they do have is a ton of depth, much of which was acquired via the draft. While the Penguins don't have that x factor elite player as mentioned, they still have guys who can make a capable first line. @eastons17 , @Brofiooo , and @frostx17 should form a good first line that will come under the radar and surprise many, not an elite group but is certainly capable of getting this team the wins it needs. Draft picks @ll_Larkin_71_ll and @Girgs28 should be good on the 2nd or 3rd line. Pittsburgh has good pieces in @Bojmir_ and AHL superstar @xkonvictedx238 who will either flop and be fucking terrible, or produce well for the 2nd or 3rd line. Aside from that it's just mediocre AHL'ers for the most part, some of which will probably be sent down to allow the Penguins to bring up their draft picks. Overall not an offensive powerhouse, but they have some good pieces in place for the top 6, the bottom 3 is a little concerning though.

Defense: A+
    The Pittsburgh defensive core is very solid with depth and skill throughout. The top 4 is among the better top 4 in the league with @NH4JP , @PteCyr , @NeutralityEleven , and @Killinbeast88 . They dont even have a top 2 lines really, more like 2 first lines since all 4 can pretty much be moved around based on availability. The Penguins also have @Fontainette , not the chatbox warrior he once was, he has proven that he's a good league player by mentioning his great stats with @JaySpies in season 1 numerous times to us all, he should be solid on the 3rd line and only makes the depth that much better, to play along side him the Penguins will most likely bring up draft pick @Shawntheboss_1 who will form probably the best if not one of the best 3rd pairings in the league with frogtainette.

Goaltending: A+
    Maybe the best goaltending tandem in the league, to make things even harder for the opposition with the strong dmen up front, Pittsburgh now has @KingKonz- who is pretty much undoubtedly the best goalie on PS4 and maybe even Xbox (idk Xbox goalies), he always seems to be a tier above pretty much all other goalies and is one of the few who you can actually say is "talented" at playing goalie in this game. When Konz isn't playing the Penguins will have former starter @zBernatchez who is solid and should shut the door down as well.

Projected Lineup:

1st Line (offense) - @eastons17 - @Brofiooo - @frostx17 (B+)
    2nd Line (offense) - @xkonvictedx238 - @Bojmir_ - @ll_Larkin_71_ll (B)
    3rd Line (offense) - @Clarkeskog - @Girgs28 - @Prince-Of-Zeus (A-)

1st Line (defense) - @PteCyr - @NH4JP (A)
    2nd Line (defense) - @Killinbeast88 - @NeutralityEleven (A+)
    3rd Line (defense) - @Shawntheboss_1 - @Fontainette (A+)

Starting Goalie: @KingKonz- (A+)
    Backup Goalie: @zBernatchez (A+)

The Penguins will be one of the better teams in the East again this season. The team is built solely on brick wall defense and goaltending, but that doesn't mean the offense slacks off. Pittsburgh doesn't have a forward lineup that really competes with the top teams in the East, but they have a solid 1st line and a bottom 6 that can potentially produce, but for now has a lot of question marks as to how they will produce, if the AHL guys Pittsburgh took chances are explode in their face and play like shit, they can still fall back on their first line and strong defensive core along with their elite goaltending.

:team21: Tampa Bay Lightning

Offense: A
    The forward lineup isn't quite as good as they were at the height of their success in season 1 under @v Sloshy and @Nuge , but they still have some big pieces from seasons 1 and 2 that still keep this team as one of the better offensive teams in the east. The most noticeable thing when first taking a glance at this lineup is their C depth led by @SweeT 9 LoU 84 and @Lil Hazi Vert , both of whom would be top line on most teams and automatically have the best C depth behind Chicago, and if @DDW4 plays C it makes for the best C depth in the league. I'm pretty sure @Lil Hazi Vert also plays RW, so they can even move him up to the top line to form a dominant trio along side @DDW4 . Aside from that the depth pool is good and fills out the bottom 6 nicely, although I think if @Lil Hazi Vert is moved to RW the 2nd line isn't all that great and gets hurt as a result since I'm assuming they would also bring up @SweeT 9 LoU 84 to play as their top C, and if he doesn't there's no real RW that can fill up the top line spot.

The Lightning don't have as elite of a defensive lineup as last season, but they still have one of the better D cores with good depth. The Lightning have a very good top 3 with @H3ad--v--Sh0t , @Chaskin12 , and @marino swag who can all be moved around the top 2 lines based on availability or what not. The lightning also have @calmblueicex who can be a good 3rd liner, however this @UglyRabb1t guy is supposedly good so they could use him instead, along with draft picks @Goosechuk and @GeneralPatton044 who can round out the bottom 3

Goaltending: C+
    @asleeptech put up mediocre stats at best last season, however he was also playing for the lowly Detroit Red Wings, so maybe he can rebound and have a good season on a good team like Tampa, I still however see goaltending as a concern and something that can bring them down.

Projected Lineup:

1st Line (offense) - @DDW4 - @SweeT 9 LoU 84 - @Lil Hazi Vert (A+)
    2nd Line (offense) - @HarryHoodlum - @Flapjack8796 - @ChiTownMenace (B-)
    3rd Line (offense) - @Ransom613 - @jiccy - @Mclub326 (B+)

1st Line (defense) - @H3ad--v--Sh0t - @marino swag (A)
    2nd Line (defense) - @Chaskin12 - @UglyRabb1t (B+)
    3rd Line (defense) - @Goosechuk - @GeneralPatton044 (A-)

Starting Goalie - @asleeptech (C)
    Backup Goalie - @zeffster (NA)

Tampa Bay isn't quite the juggernaut in the East that they have been, but they still are one of the better teams in the conference. Tampa still has the top end talent to warrant recognition, and while their depth isn't "bad" per say, they have some gaps and loose ends especially when looking at the 2nd line, they have tremendous C depth, but they likely won't be playing all their C's at their main position due to the lack of depth. On the defensive side they have a solid top 3, @UglyRabb1t on the 2nd line is a wildcard as he could do fine or be completely terrible, really hard to tell. The real area of concern is goaltending as both goalies leave question marks as to weather they can handle playing against some top lines, they could be fine behind their top 3 dmen but may have some issues when playing with their bottom 3.

:team1: Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto as always has a good offensive lineup that they can count on to get them wins and score goals day in and day out. They have a very good 1/2 punch down the left side with @jay6219 and @Kadri-- , both of whom are probably top 10 LW's on the console (idk if that's really saying much for PSN but yeah) . Although @Kadri-- can also be moved to C if ever needed. I've never played with @bill_1492 , but people like @IIChEcKMaTeII and @PTPiper tell me he's a good player from over on xbox so he should be fine on the top line. To improve their depth at C so that they can their great LW depth the Leafs drafted @HazeeHype who somehow manages to be underrated and overrated at the same time, its a rare thing, but there's people on both sides, I do think he's a steal for where they got him in the draft and will be good as a 2nd line C or RW. Speaking of RW's, their depth on the right side is a little weak which is why I think they might just move @HazeeHype to the right side. They have @TGil36 who is sort of in the middle ground between 1st and 2nd liner, but honestly I think he'll be fine with the people he'll be playing with on the top line. They also @xTarasenko91_ who I remember clubbing with a few times early in 16 and from what I remember he wasn't bad, although he could've been a completely different Tarasenko and this imposter could just be some random nub. Overall the Maple Leafs have threats, but also have some question marks, most notably on the right side.

Defense: C
    Just like the past 2 seasons, the defense is what makes Toronto just a "good" team rather than a true contender, in fact I'll go as far as saying the defensive lineup is the worst its ever been. @IIChEcKMaTeII can be a first line LD, but it really ends there. @nyBARISny is better than a lot of people give him credit for and is fine at 4 mill in this market, however I don't think he really matches up to a lot of the other top RD's in the conference at all, he's more geared to being a good 2nd line guy. This @Bure-x-10 guy could barely manage 0.8 PPG in the CHL so there's that. @sheer_Iuck is an okayish player I'm pretty sure. Both @saluci and @Montoni007 are AHL players so there's that. They don't even have anyone drafted or in the AHL currently who they can bring up so this is really there defensive core. There's a few good impact dmen in AHL bidding available such as @Scarcella89-_- , @EbonyFetishz , @Vito_Corleone , @OG_KJ etc who can really help this team.

@Budz_780 is fine as the starting goalie, although with the defensive lineup they should have gone for a few of the really good goalie's available to bail out this team when needed. No idea who @EVILDESTINY619 is, he probably sucks. They have @sanjose01 who a lot of people say is a good goalie, but was pretty much the worst goalie in the world on our IHL team, so yeah.

Projected Lineup

1st Line (offense) - @Kadri-- - @bill_1492 - @TGil36 (A-)
    2nd Line (offense) - @jay6219 - @HazeeHype - @Diirty_Triix_13 (A-)
    3rd Line (offense) - @YoUU-MaDD_Br0o - @gohawks48 - @xTarasenko91_ (B)

1st Line (defense) - @IIChEcKMaTeII - @nyBARISny (B-)
    2nd Line (defense) - @Bure-x-10 - @sheer_Iuck (C)
    3rd Line (defense) - @Montoni007 - @saluci (D)

Starting Goalie - @Budz_780 (B+)
    Backup Goalie - @EVILDESTINY619 (NA)

@Budz_780 is a good owner and has proven it, however he has also shown that he has failed to really learn from past mistakes, this team pretty much mirrors past rosters in the sense that its all offense and no defense, but even in past seasons they had certain pieces like @KingKonz- or 1 xfactor top pairing that could bail them out, this season they have nothing and I really hope they get someone in AHL bidding who they can bring up, because as of now this is among the worst defensive cores in the league. On offense the Leafs have some very good pieces in the top 6, but lack some depth in areas, shown by their all AHL 3rd line. Toronto is in a very tough division and will have troubles making it into the playoffs and will have to bank on a final wildcard spot.

:team14: Washington Capitals

Offense: B+
    The Capitals don't really have any trade marked top players other than @coorsi88 who can really form a dominant top line, but they do have good depth that can form a solid bottom 6. The Capitals have good C depth in @bstieboydp @ChyzNasty , and @GhostMK . None are really a trademarked top C which is why they should move @coorsi88 to C in my opinion, @ChyzNasty and @bstieboydp would maybe be fine as the top line C, but they're both more suited to 2nd line roles. To finish off the roster the Caps have good depth on the wings with @Krazy-try , @NateD29 , and @Untuchabl . Although I think they should invest in another top forward in AHL bidding that can bolster the first line and really make this lineup a true threat.

The defensive end really mirrors the offense with having one good top LD surrounded by a bunch of depth. @ExPLiCiT812 is pretty underrated and will be good on the top line, but he really lacks a top RD like he had last season which will hurt this team. The rest of the defensive lineup is filled with good depth, but no one special.

@jaZz134 is a pretty sick goalie and will shut it down.

Projected Lineup:

1st Line (offense) - @joshb12345 - @ChyzNasty - @coorsi88
    2nd Line (offense) - @NateD29 - @bstieboydp - @Untuchabl
    3rd Line (offense) - @Krazy-try - @GhostMK - @chaseironside

1st Line (defense) - @ExPLiCiT812 - @will71409
    2nd Line (defense) - @Giddeus12 - @GassyAss
    3rd Line (defense) - @gnarlybarleyboys - @bigdogrex

Starting Goalie - @jaZz134 (A+)
    Backup Goalie - @punisher4124 (B)

The Caps have a very balanced lineup with solid depth that covers their 2nd and 3rd lines very well, but they lack real "impact" that you can put out in a game 7 situation, I think they can make the playoffs, but I don't see them being a difference maker.

Projected Standings

Metropolitan:

Columbus Blue Jackets
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    New Jersey Devils
    Carolina Hurricanes
    Washington Capitals
    New York Islanders
    New York Rangers
    Philadelphia Flyers

Atlantic:

Boston Bruins
    Detroit Red Wings
    Florida Panthers
    Tampa Bay Lightning
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    Buffalo Sabres
    Ottawa Senators
    Montreal Canadiens

Top Offensive Teams

Boston Bruins
    Detroit Red Wings
    Tampa Bay Lightning
    Florida Panthers
    Columbus Blue Jackets
    New Jersey Devils
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    Carolina Hurricanes
    New York Islanders
    Washington Capitals
    Montreal Canadiens
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    Ottawa Senators
    Buffalo Sabres
    Philadelphia Flyers
    New York Rangers

Top Defensive Teams

Pittsburgh Penguins
    Buffalo Sabres
    New Jersey Devils
    Columbus Blue Jackets
    Tampa Bay Lightning
    Detroit Red Wings
    Boston Bruins
    Washington Capitals
    Ottawa Senators
    Florida Panthers
    Carolina Hurricanes
    Montreal Canadiens
    Philadelphia Flyers
    New York Rangers
    New York Islanders
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 28
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Itsnucktime
  2. Speedyrocker89

Speedyrocker89 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,295 / 126 / -246
    This write up - (A+)

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. DDW-_-

DDW-_- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,499 / 73 / -89
    Great job on the write up.

Not sure what you mean by the lines tbh. If you mean game 7 than yes you are correct but for regular season. Our lines will look something like ths

Ransom / Hayes / Jiccy
    Lou / Jah / Gee
    Flap / Myslef / Chi

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    • Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny
  5. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    Pitts forward lines are a little off as well (haven't finalized everything so I'm not posting those). Good job none the less!

jp - shawn
    cyr - n11
    killinbeast - font

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    frostx7
  6. H3ad--v--Sh0t

H3ad--v--Sh0t Call me Sensei

Ratings:
    +143 / 6 / -11
    Good write up as always Canuck great job!

• Like Like x 1
    Eberle14x
  7. sparkplug87 nic

sparkplug87 nic Well Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5 / -14
    very well done.

The only thing I would point out is, Carolina is missing from the projected standings

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Fontainette

Fontainette Well-Known Member

Discord:
    font2872#0
    Ratings:
    +176 / 48 / -43
    Excellent work Nuck

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. bievsea

bievsea Washed Up

Ratings:
    +37 / 1 / -0
    Solid joke, 10/10

• Winner Winner x 1
    Bievsea
  10. jdheagle

jdheagle Kiss The Rings

Ratings:
    +971 / 81 / -219
    "They have @sanjose01 who a lot of people say is a good goalie, but was pretty much the worst goalie in the world on our IHL team, so yeah."

The worst goalie I've ever seen, F-.

jdheagle
  11. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    (B-) for using my line projection lines without permission.

Good read nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Untuchabl

Untuchabl I tried to be nice.....now I'll do what I do best

Ratings:
    +568 / 31 / -91
    Good job nuck

No Streaming Account