Logan's East Power Ranking's

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by FutureHendriixx, Feb 26, 2015.

1. xAfinogenxv

xAfinogenxv Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tee93logan#0
    Ratings:
    +248 / 0 / -0
    Alright. Time for the East, folks. My apologies for the delay, I know I originally said they'd be up Wednesday. Had a harder time with the East given the fact that there's 2 more teams. Also, please keep in mind that team grades did not essentially determine my final ranking of these teams. Anyways, I'll keep it short and sweet, let's get to it!

1: :hott: OTTAWA SENATORS - Canada's Capital earned my #1 spot due to a good 'ol fashioned TeeLogan hunch. These guys look very good on paper in my eyes. I realize that there are a couple teams in this conference that are probably the "sexier" pick, but the way this team is built throughout the entire lineup with the likes of @Devin l94l , @officialmark07 , @SJUSoccer9 , @Le Saint Qc , @Canucks x 95 , @Chanderson773 and @ll Heyzeus ll makes me think they are built to dominate the Eastern conference this season. I honestly haven't seen @OvenMitts19 play defence yet, but the guy is one of the best forwards in LG. That being said, the guy has some "elite thumbs", so I'll put my better faith in him assuming that he'll be a very good puck moving dman. On top of all these great players, The Sens have two goalies @sparkplug87 nic , @xX Z3NO Xx that will sure stop their fair share of rubber. Look for Ottawa to be atop the East and avenge that early round exit from last seasons playoffs.

Final Grades:
    • Forwards - A
    • Defence - A
    • Goaltending -B+

2: :t27: NEW YORK ISLANDERS - Back to my previous point, mentioning my Ottawa pick is due to a big hunch. Here is one of the teams that I think looks better on paper. @Brisan66 once again seems to have built an Eastern Conference powerhouse. This team easily has one of the strongest Defensive Corps in the league with @Foote Eh , @GolSki40 , @xx THE DARG xx , and of course their Owner Brisan. Long Island should see plenty of scoring with @GB521 , @xFIOx TENDY 29 and @shredda vl56l. My goaler QC pal @FiveTime05 is an absolute steal in the pipes at 750k. The main concern will obviously be their depth scoring. My former Albany teammate @xCROSBYx l87l should definitely help in that area though.

Final Grades:
    • Forwards - A
    • Defence - A
    • Goaltending - A

3: :t14: WASHINGTON CAPITALS - Dear Eastern Conference, have fun playing defence against the Capitals this season. I won't spend all day naming the great cast of forwards on this team, you know who you are. But the fact that @Coach Denham and @l GuiDice l managed to grab the pair of @HeatFan53 and @Copes92 (who've been playing with the eachother since 'Nam) for their third line, should have this entire conference worried. @I Smash Fatties , @ll Gibby12Yr ll and @Goob63 are all well proven dmen. I also like the fact that they brought back @Zero Choice to man the pipes. What concerns me is their assumed backup goalie @DerpyDaymare , who only has 1 LG game to show for, which was played in the CHL.

Final Grades:
    • Forwards - A+
    • Defence - B+
    • Goaltending - B-

4: :t2: BOSTON BRUINS - You will be hard pressed to find a team with a better defensive corps in LG than these guys. With the likes of @NugeTV , @Girgs x 28 , @OTPDHJ Connor and @LeTHaL PROT3G3x , it will certainly be one hell of a task scoring on The Bruins this season. Not to mention they have @StamToast in net, who is arguabbly one of the (if not) the best goalies in LG. Boston's main question will be if their forwards will have enough offence to carry them to a deep playoff run. Will Marc Savard aka @AK 91xxx , @QualityChildren , @Chislett 19 and @l H4VE no NAM3 do the job? We'll soon find out.

Final Grades:
    • Forwards - B
    • Defence - A
    • Goaltending - A

5: :hnj: NEW JERSEY DEVILS - Last years Stanley Cup Finalists will certainly have their work cut out for them if they want to repeat what they did last season. There's no doubt that they have the top end scoring talent to do it with @Stickzlaf , @lxl MVP lxl , @Coffey x9 and @FoX l1l . @G lR ii Mx, @puest , @cj142 and @Kop11tar will all make it a difficult task to score on this team as well. My big question is how well their 3rd line will do. Losing @Coach Crass and @Mt Willard who were easily one of the best 3rd lines last season,
    will certainly hurt.

Final Grades:
    • Forwards - A-
    • Defence - B+
    • Goaltending - A-

6: :hcbj: COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS - The Jackets are my sleeper pick in the Eastern Conference. I really like what @Potsy44 and @RABID WOLV3RIN3 have done with this team. I look at this roster as one of the better defensive teams in the conference with the likes of @dirtsaucesnipes , @s0mni , @m1st3r ped , and of course their GM and Owner. @ball saddle , @DannyreTartabul and @Desroisers l14l are all great forwards that should give them plenty of high end scoring. @xKingxHortonx is a good pickup at 500k to help with the depth scoring. What worries me about this team is the two former AHL goalies that were both average at best last season (record wise). However, if they can prove the doubters wrong these guys should defintely turn some heads this LG season.

Final Grades:
    • Forwards - B+
    • Defence - A-
    • Goaltending -C+

7: :hcar: CAROLINA HURRICANES - Here's another team that has the potential to surprise some people. When I say "surprise some people" I mean surpassing my #7 prediction. There's no doubt in my mind that these guys will make the playoffs. With @Cooker1091 , @AJ9191 , @LikeaHardPuzzle and @Pryme 13 the Canes have some talented forwards that will put plenty of rubber in the net. At defence, @HOLD MA DDD , @Deceasedgoblin and @Milestone JERZ should hold the blue line just fine. They've also looked to have added two quality goalies in @Fournier x 97 and @bl1zz72 . Look for the Hurricanes to be in around the 7 seed or even higher come playoff time.

Final Grades:
    • Forwards - A-
    • Defence - B
    • Goaltending - B

8: :hpitt: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS - It's no secret the Penguins have a very good crop of players on this team. What they lack is depth on the point in my eyes and goaltending. No disrespect to @Deadliest Hobo and @TH3 WID0WMAK3R , but these guys have a lot to prove being that both are new to goalie at the LGHL level . These guys will obviously have no trouble putting the puck in the net with the likes of @GPO27 , @The MainEvent , @Easy Mac 92 , @lHl a y e s and @Luffy Qc . Not to mention comeback player of the year candidate @SCHNARZY91 , who nip'd 5 goals in a game in club last night with the big veteran 1 card. Back to the questions with this team. Not quite sure where they plan to get defence from outside of @Adams x 21 and @go to the whip . Unless they just plan on playing Dallas Stars hockey this season, and winning 6-5 hockey games all year. Regardless though, the scoring of this team should no doubt get them into the playoffs.

Final Grades:

• Forwards - A
    • Defence - B
    • Goaltending - C

9: :hflp: FLORIDA PANTHERS - Placing a team with @Rammered on the roster in the 9th place is never an easy decision. These guys look to have a great defensive core with @OldDirtyBoany69 , @Parsnipes and of course Rammered. @ChenzoE is an absolute steal at 500k as well. I can also vouge that @MattTheCoolCat is a stud between the pipes. What I have questions about is their lack of top end scoring. I'm not sure if @Yargage QC, @Hopkins 61 and @J a lMl e S x22 will be enough to carry the load in this tough Eastern Conference. Although there are some other good names up front as well, i'm not sure it will be enough to lock down a playoff spot. That being said, I also wouldn't be shocked if this roster built some good chemistry and ended up as one of the better teams in the East.

Final Grades:

• Forwards - B
    • Defence - A-
    • Goaltending - B

10: :htb: TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING - The Lightning take the #10 spot on my list based on the fact that they don't seem to have much top line talent outside of their first line of @shoco123 , @lL lE lF lT lY , @Cosmic l13l , @Proud Gay Dad and @peasantpedro . Not to say that the likes of @sbdr91 , @LeafsSteen , @o Mystical o 92 aren't good players, I just don't see this teams depth scoring being able to compete with the firepower of the teams they'll be competing with for a playoff spot (i.e. Pittsburgh, Carolina). However, I wouldn't 100% count these guys out of a playoff spot. Despite their lack of top end forwards, they still have a crop of quality players that could potentially build some good chemistry together and surpass my ranking. Add in one of the best goalie tandems in the league with @dirtracer91a and @Make Your Luck , you have what could be one of the biggest sleeper picks in the East.

Final Grades:

• Forwards - B
    • Defence - B-
    • Goaltending - A+

11: :hmon: MONTREAL CANADIENS - The Bleu Blanc et Rouge are yet another Eastern Conference team that could potentialy "make waves" and surprise some people. I look at this roster and see a team with not too many weaknesses. They have a very solid group of players on all three fronts (fwds, def, goal.). The top line of @I Beat Up Cakes , @King Scavuzzo90 , @kingbrad3 , @ii GL0BAL ii and @Demers x 67 should definitely put up some solid numbers this year. They have some solid depth scoring as well with the likes of @ x JJ o and @Daydayyyy , it's just a matter of those guys performing to their potential.

Final Grades:

• Forwards - B+
    • Defence - B+
    • Goaltending - B

12: :hdet: DETROIT RED WINGS - Once again we have another team with the potential to do some big things in the East. Although I don't see it happening, with LG we've become accustomed to expect the unexpected. This Red Wings team has a lot of talent at the pivot spot with @IIVIIcNasty 91 , @a91 Tavares and last but not least, @Xx LoL xX 9 (still not sure how this guy only went for 1M). In addition, they have some very solid wingers in @Obnoxious x7 , @Strizzy x06 and @xH3XTx . The Wings also have returning goalie @goldbud24 who proved himself well last season. Detroit's main concern going into the season will be their defence, @KuhBoBo and former goaltender @Xx4m4ziNgXx35 will have their work cut out for them as the depth blueliners on this team.

Final Grades:

• Forwards - B+
    • Defence - B
    • Goaltending - B-

13: :t18: BUFFALO SABRES - As a diehard Sabres fan, this pains me to see so much parity in regards to my rankings of Buffalo and the real life NHL standings. Although Buffalo seems to have improved on their roster from last season, I don't see the likes of @Naslund x 19 , @bigleaguebala and @Youngn the pmp being near enough offence to help this team stay competitive in the East. Although they have some good dmen and goaltending from guys like @jewbawkka , @RJYorke and @Monopolized , the future LG #McEichel pick may be in sights for the Sabres.

Final Grades:

• Forwards - B-
    • Defence - B-
    • Goaltending - B-

14: :t12: NEW YORK RANGERS - Things don't look too bright on Broadway ahead of this LG season. There's definitely some good players on this team in @x Nemzer x 89 , @B0SS of B0SSES and @Dalilaama . The goaltending is also there with @Mase l35l and @l Smitty l x21 . They've also got and above average defence core. I just don't think these guys have enough scoring depth to put a dent in the East and compete for a playoff spot.

Final Grades:

• Forwards - B-
    • Defence - B-
    • Goaltending - A

15: :t4: PHILLADELPHIA FLYERS - Playoff hope's for Pennsylvania's other team does not look as bright. There's certainly some good players on this team that will likely put up some decent personal stats this season. Owner @BLicK12 for starters. @Delisle x 9 , @Silky Johnson and @PolarPandaFTW are all good players, especially given the fact that they all have under 2Mill contract's. There's also some good dmen on this team, however I can't see the cast of @King Inseal , @dcshoe and @xRICKOSHAY being enough to help them crack the top 8 for a playoff berth, too tough of a conference.

Final Grades:

• Forwards - B+
    • Defence - B-
    • Goaltending - B-

16: :htor: TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS - Being that my initials are TML, and in the words of Don Cherry i'm a "good 'ol Ontario boy" *thumbs up*, it hurts to rank the Leafs here. Toronto has an above average Dcore with @Gary Garoo , @Jack Bauer tuna and @Blade mtl , but I question how these guys will carry their d-partners (assuming these guys won't be paired together). Not only that but they have two former AHL goalies, albeit they both played for good teams in the A last season, it's never a guarentee it will transition to the Show. @xV E ii N, @RoasTT and @TheHitman666969 are going to have to do some serious lifting on offense if these guys wanna come close to a playoff spot.

Final Grades:

• Forwards -B
    • Defence - B
    • Goaltending - C+

That's it for my power rankings this season. I may do some mid-season one's depending on requests and of course my availability. Looking forward to doing more stuff like this within the LG community. I will being doing "Thin Mint Monday's" starting next week, this will be my 3 players of the week (each conference) at the forward, defence and goalie position. May even branch out into doing a podcast, depending on interest and those willing to join me. Hope you all enjoyed, and once again, all feedback is welcomed and appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 26
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  2. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91
    Love it TL, thanks for the effort as usual.

• Like Like x 1
    EA SPORTS FC™ 24 Hub (In Menus)
    No Streaming Account
  3. Dashiki B

Dashiki B Da Bomb Brothers

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    Stop including me in these. I'm nothing without Briere.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    Good stuff. I also appreciate your color coded grading system.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. Deadliest Hobo

Deadliest Hobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    All of these power rankings and everyone seems to think I'm new to goalie lol. Now yes I have room for improvement but this is not my first season in net for the LGHL.

No Streaming Account
  6. Gary Garoo

Gary Garoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,906 / 18 / -49
    Good job, can't really argue with too much, though I think you have Boston too high. I, like [MENTION=7765]OvenMitts19[/MENTION] enjoy the pretty colours. Can also never go wrong with an [MENTION=7593]Gary Garoo[/MENTION] mention.

Well done.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. xAfinogenxv

Discord:
    tee93logan#0
    Ratings:
    +248 / 0 / -0
    My apologies, just saw your previous Vancouver stats. Good luck this season.

In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  8. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    Great write ups, my favorite part is where you don't mention [MENTION=9889]RoWsKi l5l[/MENTION], I love seeing that kid rattled.

• Like Like x 6
    Lokix6x
  9. xAfinogenxv

Discord:
    tee93logan#0
    Ratings:
    +248 / 0 / -0
    lmao, FiveTime is the big homie, hence why he got the spotlight.

• Like Like x 2
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  10. DxT Gerbe

DxT Gerbe Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DxT_Gerb#1569
    Ratings:
    +117 / 3 / -0
    lol me brad and cakes

No Streaming Account
  11. sparkplug87 nic

sparkplug87 nic Well Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5 / -14
    I don't think Ottawa should be first, we suck! Two questions though, how is Ottawas goaltending a B+? (Compared to say Boston or NYR or some other ones with an A) and 2nd question, why wouldn't NYI be 1st if they have all A's (I know you have a hunch but wouldn't you think the grades would put them in 1st?) ( I know you also said "please keep in mind that team grades did not essentially determine my final ranking of these teams." But what gave Ottawa the edge?) [MENTION=7399]TeeLogan93[/MENTION]

No Streaming Account
  12. Ay Dindu Nuffin

Ay Dindu Nuffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,630 / 55 / -82
    Nub19

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    I have to return some videotapes.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  14. xAfinogenxv

Discord:
    tee93logan#0
    Ratings:
    +248 / 0 / -0
    I mean I thought my reasoning was pretty self-explanatory. It was literally just a hunch. Overall NYI probably has the better team on paper, but I really like the way Ottawa is built front to back. I.e. Devin, SJU, Mark, Ovenmitts, chanderson. Like I said, I didn't base rankings solely off grades. Certain players, chemistry, hunches etc. went into forming final opinion. Boston's Goaltending would have been an A+ most likely, but seeing as I haven't seen much of Rask play it lowered the overall. B+ for Ottawa because you're coming from previous AHL season. Not that you aren't a good goalie. Just how I formed my opinion and what I ended my opinion as. Hope that helped, good luck this season.

In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  15. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91
    You mean Fake Brad....

:t14: Brad Batten
    :t14: Brad Lee

Are the real Brads of LG.

• Like Like x 1
    EA SPORTS FC™ 24 Hub (In Menus)
    No Streaming Account
  16. NUKE_Freeman

NUKE_Freeman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -7
    "What concerns me is their assumed backup goalie @DerpyDaymare , who only has 1 LG game to show for, which was played in the CHL."

This is gonna be a fun season. Good write up!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. RoWsKi

RoWsKi Negi's second tag

Discord:
    rowski5#0
    Ratings:
    +86 / 4 / -5
    [MENTION=7667]Brisan66[/MENTION] for 750K and vezina last season i must not be a steal?

• Like Like x 1
    RoWsKi5
  18. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    king brad, dups and cakes* little typo error by logan ;)

Its_cakes
  19. jewbawkka

jewbawkka Am Le bad

Discord:
    Jewbawkka#0814
    Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -4
    I got mentioned GO me!

• Like Like x 1
    imjewbawkka
  20. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes