[Media] Playoff Race Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Dradavich, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Dradavich

Dradavich The guy who got Truc Banned

Discord:
    Dradavich#1971
    Ratings:
    +1,866 / 134 / -406
    Current Standings

East
    5: :team2: - 86
    6: :team1: - 85
    7: :team23: - 84
    8: :team74: - 83
    ================ Playoffs
    9: :team10: - 81
    10: :team21: - 80
    ================ Technically not out, But Basically Out
    11: :team7: - 74
    12: :team78: - 71

West
    5: :team9: - 90
    6: :team15: - 87
    7: :team30: - 87
    8: :team3: - 86
    ================= Playoffs
    9: :team77: - 84
    10: :team391: - 83
    ================= Technically not out, But Basically Out
    11: :team31: - 78
    12: :team676: - 77
    13: :team8: - 73
    14: :team75: - 70

Technically not out, But Basically Out

On Both sides the top team in this category are atleast 8 points behind, Which means they would have to outperform the last wildcard team and teams competing for that spot by an average of 4 more wins, which means basically either go 9 - 0 - 0 with other wild card teams going 5 - 4 - 0 or go 6 - 3 - 0 with all other teams competing going like 1 - 8 - 0, Not impossible but very unlikely to happen.

Predictions

West

5: :team9:105 Points (Last 18: 14 - 3 - 1)

Dallas has drastically improved since the deadline, playing their best hockey in the last 2 weeks, It's unlikely that they catch Seattle in standings as they are 10 points back but the way they are playing in this last stretch gives them a good chance to go on a deep playoff run and upset some of the top teams in the league and that's why I don't see them falling out of this spot

6: :team15: 100 Points (Last 18: 9 - 5 - 4)

The Sharks have been a middle of the pack team for most of the season, They have not changed much since the deadline standings wise, They do however have one of the easiest Schedules coming into the last week in the entire league. They play the worst team in the league not once but twice, Seriously Edmonton is basically giving away free wins, They also play the Canucks and Chicago who are the 2 teams above Edmonton, I Predict they will have a very good week and easily lockup the number 6 spot.

7: :team30: 96 Points (Last 18: 11 - 6 -1)

Minnesota has best Last 18 Record out of rest and the second easiest schedule it is a no brainer to put them here, However There 3rd line is very bad and they might lose all 3 games they are scheduled for tonight, yes even the game against Edmonton might be a loss tonight because Edmonton is throwing out their only competent line. I believe the other lines will pick up the slack but if they don't this decision to play the 3rd line tonight might backfire horribly.

8: :team3: 95 Points (Last 18: 10 - 6 - 2)

The Blues and Predators play each other twice this week, Whoever gets this last spot will likely be winning both of those games, If they split The Blues will probably be the ones to make it, It's starting to look like PP has his first Playoff team. They Had an awful Week 7 but made up for it by having a amazing week 8, They have a tough Schedule but so do the Preds, I see them having an alright week.

9: :team77: 94 Points (Last 18: 10 - 7 - 1)

The First couple of weeks for the Predators have put them in this position, to fully undue the damage of those weeks they will have to have a very solid final week and most importantly they have to beat the blues, If they don't they are done.

10: :team391: 89 Points (Last 18: 5 - 9 - 4)

Winnipeg has been awful since the deadline and I don't think they are going turn it around they might even fall below Anaheim, It doesn't help that they have an extremely tough schedule this week, Facing the red hot Dallas Stars this week Twice, Calgary, Arizona and Not a single team below .500. The Last 2 Weeks have likely ended their season early.

East

5: :team23: 99 Points (Last 18: 12 - 4 - 2)

The Panthers saw an opportunity at the deadline and have pounced on it. At one point they looked like they were rebuilding with like 5 1sts and then they traded them all and drastically improved as a team and are now poised for a solid playoff run, I Believe they will stay hot and lockup the 5th spot in the east.

6: :team74: 96 Points (Last 18: 11 - 6 - 1)

It would be funny to see JClaus miss the playoffs the same season PP makes his first playoff appear but I just don't think it is happening, JClaus has stuck with his team since the start of bidding, Only making one trade for his Nhl team and it looks like that trade has payed off massively as his team had a good last 2 weeks, A run to finals is about to happen again for absolutely no reason.

7: :team1: 95 Points (Last 18: 10 - 5 - 3)

Toronto has been good, They only fall a little bit in standings because I predict the panthers will bully them twice this week, They have a decently tough schedule, I think they will have another decent week but will be outpaced by both the panthers and hurricanes.

8: :team21: 92 Points (Last 18: 8 - 8 - 2)

Do you Believe in miracles? Well I do, Boston had a terrible week 8 only winning 2 games after doing so well in week 7. I Predict the bruins will have another bad week, That combined with the incredibly good schedule where Tampa gets to play Ottawa twice, Washington and Montreal. It's looking like they got 4 easy wins combined with 2/3 grind it out wins. Tampa don't let your memes just be dreams.

9: :team2: 91 Points (Last 18: 9 - 7 - 2)

An Epic Collapse like this is extremely unlikely, especially with a relatively easy schedule however last week they did find a way to lose to Edmonton who are the worst team in the league. They will probably make playoffs all they have to do is be relatively competent but for the memes and to spice things up I am predicting an unlikely collapse, Otherwise I see them finishing 8th or 7th.

10: :team10: 90 Points (Last 18: 8 - 9 - 1)

They have been the worst team statistically out of the wild card teams, They have a schedule were they have 4 easy wins, However they have 5 extremely tough games and I don't see them winning any of them. anything below a 6 - 3 - 0 week will not be enough and this team hasn't shown anything that implies that will happen.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    Dradavich