MIN vs NYR Full Game Video Analysis

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by IcE JaVeLiN, Dec 8, 2015.

1. SnazzyBarbecue

SnazzyBarbecue The Bunny > Your face

Ratings:
    +733 / 0 / -1
    If you stop the video at exactly 3:07 it looks like you drew a cock and balls with your magic pen.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Pure Pone

Pure Pone REALEST MAN

Discord:
    purepone#0
    Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -7
    very good job bud.

think its pretty clear to see, as long as your positioning is on point in this years game, and the forwards realize that they do need to help in the defensive zone (low corners, slot,) the your team will not suffer too bad defensively. also, unless you are very solid as a dman in the offensive zone, you really should remain at the blue line and focus more on keeping the puck in the zone and marking your zone rather than trying to be an offensive master. especially with this years skating gameplay, it can be a pain to really get yourself positioned correctly in correlation with your speed.

No Streaming Account
  3. JayHockeyFan

JayHockeyFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    well done! Really enjoyed the video and your commentary.. hate to be that RD though LOL .. I play LD in the AHL and I saw quite a few things I can use when playing our league games.. definitely felt like a coaching video session.. you definitely know your hockey! would love to see more of this type of in depth analysis..

GREAT JOB

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Ayohh

Ayohh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944 / 11 / -18
    I'm unsure as I don't have a stylus like that, but I'd imagine it works

Ayohhhh
  5. l Joe NHL l

l Joe NHL l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    yeeeeeeeeeeet#0
    Ratings:
    +260 / 4 / -6
    It will work with a Wacom or any other USB tablet/pen device. The system recognizes these devices as pointer devices, just like a mouse.

• Like Like x 1
    vrhljohnnyl
  6. Cooker1091

Cooker1091 Wheel. Sauce. Snipe.

Ratings:
    +500 / 6 / -6
    Good, very informative video. I know you mentioned you usually like to leave the weak-side Dman alone when in the D-zone to cover the slot (you were on the PK). But, would suggest wingers to leave the weak-side Dmen and focus on the slot/support their D-side in the corners (even strength)?

Just have found very few goals are scored from the point in this game, and thats if the puck even makes it to the net. So leaving the point open to cover the slot and support the corners seems like a more viable option, agree?

No Streaming Account
  7. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Really enjoyed this @IcE JaVeLiN ! You did a great job on this and the quality of your work and knowledge of the sport really shines. Hope to see more

• Like Like x 1
  8. dirtsaucesnipes

dirtsaucesnipes Well-Known Member

Discord:
    dirtsaucesnipes#0
    Ratings:
    +164 / 7 / -17
    Stay in the passing lane, but come down to the high slot is what I do.

• Like Like x 1
    dirtsaucesnipes
  9. Ayohh

Ayohh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944 / 11 / -18

I think there are a few ways to approach doing the far side wing. The safe play is to pack the house by standing in the high slot, in the middle of the ice around the tops of the circles. You can crash down on the slot and defend the points pretty easily from that position.

However, I think the pro play is to always have your weak side winger pressuring down ice. If he is playing high, the defense has to respect his breakaway potential. So when I play weak side winger, I am constantly fluctuating between covering the high slot and pressuring the points. Obviously, all 5 skaters should crash once a cut to the net happens, but the weak side winger can put pressure and force bad positioning on the defense by playing aggressively before the net rush. If they ignore you, you can get breakaways on over aggressive D. If they respect you, you have opened up ice for your breakout and taken 2 players out of the offense in exchange for 1 player out of the defense.

Strong side wing should almost certainly always pressure the corner and dictate the direction of the opposing offense.

• Like Like x 1
    Ayohhhh
  10. Cooker1091

Ratings:
    +500 / 6 / -6
    Thats generally what I meant, cover the lane, but be a presence in the slot.

No Streaming Account
  11. Cooker1091

Ratings:
    +500 / 6 / -6
    I occasionally like to mix it up when pressuring Dmen, but I don't like to over commit or break too early. I feel like the Dmen already try to do too much (make a complicated pass over the simple less flashy play), so by breaking early or being aggressive, I don't know it may just be in my head, but I feel like that's putting pressure on the Dman to make that sometimes difficult, forced, perfect outlet pass. I generally like to play it safe like you said and break-out as a unit, but I do see what you're saying (demonstrated in your video) about cutting/driving lanes without the intention of receiving a pass to open up the ice.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    No Streaming Account
  12. RAREEXAMPLE dd

RAREEXAMPLE dd defensive dman

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -1
    Good job Ice, you should do this for every game, maybe just in our dr though. :)

@ 50:00. If my partner steps up and loses his side, my job's to take the 1 on 1 and keep him to the boards, our 2nd man in's job is to take my post or their 2nd man in.

No coach will ever tell you to let a guy drive to the net.

Unfortunately my back-skate pivot was poo and decelerated me more than I'd had liked, auto back skate is indeed off.

rareexample
  13. mfricha-

mfricha- Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,032 / 8 / -44
    Ice. No wonder we won, you don't even know his name!!! Bad chem

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account