MLB 2k9 thoughts?

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by slow elk, Mar 6, 2009.

1. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking about purchasing this game, but I saw almost every review i came across gave it terrible ratings. What are you guys thoughts? The last two games were slug-fests and I got rid of them quickly. I've always purchased a MLB game every year, but now I'm seriously thing about never playing one again (damn exclusive deals). Please tell me there's an upside to this game.

No Streaming Account
  2. BioHizzle

BioHizzle Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BioHizzle#4181
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The pitching is pretty fun...when you go against humans, computer has very good recognition and can hit anything for the most part. There is a lot of homers it seems, but the game I played today didn't get out of hand it was 3-2 after 13 innings. The fielder running is a little bad from my perspective because they will just jog to an area instead of sprinting and because of that they wont catch the ball, all they will do is let it hit the ground for a hit. The interface is nice overall, and i'd say its a solid game.

No Streaming Account
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Working for 2k, i wont jump in here but one thing i want to say is the "online lag" that was in last years baseball games is gone this year. Plays very smooth online

Also the online leagues are second to none ;)

Bio, i was watching your game on the web site. Looked like a very solid game

4. ES0T3RICx

ES0T3RICx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The best part is the sliders, If your in a league or a franchise if you see too many home runs being hit, just adjust the home run frequency and poof! So there should be no complaining about too many home runs because you can kind of control that now. Along with a bunch of different sliders to improve the overall gameplay. But this years edition is clearly the best yet with smooth online play being my favorite fixed issue.

No Streaming Account
  5. Jackns

Jackns I PLAY LW OR RW IN OTP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im pretty happy with this years game. best game yet id say

No Streaming Account
  6. BioHizzle

BioHizzle Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BioHizzle#4181
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I said it was "good" but not great and i'm anything but a fanboy, its the only MLB game available for the Xbox 360, which I believe has hurt the franchise a bit, but if the bugs and glitches get fixed quickly with a patch, i'm sure things will work out better.

No Streaming Account
  7. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    man, I really wanted this game seeing as it's the only '09 MLB game on the 360, but I just keep coming across extremely bad reviews for this game. I think the highest review I saw gave it a 6.8.....Damn exclusive deals. I'm waiting on a friends' impression before I finally give up hope on 2k9.

No Streaming Account
  8. NJDEVIL30274

NJDEVIL30274 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    scottyk.#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 2 / -10
    It's a step up. I'll admit that.

My opinons

Pro's
    - Amazing presentation
    - Beautiful player models and graphics
    - Adaptability in most area's
    - Full all-star festivities
    - Solid overall experience with tons of room for improvement.

Con's
    - User pitching to the computer is brutal ( supposedly being worked on by patch ? )

- Lack of features ( create a team, some sort of career mode to compete with the show. Only MLB and AAA playability? really? come on! )

- Terrible online interface. Where the hell are the lobbies! ( hopefully im just being a jackass and not seeing them :) )

- 1st baseman bag glitch

- Players running through the walls

- Computer becoming lost trying to find a ball that is at their feet resulting in a inside the park home run.

- Prospect drafts all players have the same stance and pitching style. All pitchers fastball is 70 or below.

- Rarely any 6 ft+ prospects.

Just scratching the surface. Gameplay wise it's a huge step up...but still a long ways to go.

GL

No Streaming Account