Need some Madden Tips!

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Babolat, Jan 25, 2005.

1. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ^^^^^ Understatement of the day. :laugh: NFC Championship game, NFC South Division title, yeah you did "okay" in your first season, hehe.

What's funny Latdogg is that the tapping "A" speedburst that appeals to you in ESPN, obsolutely turns me off of that game. I put up with it for 2 seasons here (pre-Live Madden) but I always thought that was really arcadish (made running more like a track and field game on sweeps, rather than being patient and letting blocks to develop). With the Rams, I would run a pitch with Faulk where he lined up off-tackle and my slot WR and X WR would seal off the blocks and I'd get 200-300yd rushing games online with my eyes closed because of those kinds of plays and "tapping A" speed burst.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, and like Kobra said, each game does have it's own set of flaws.... I can just live with Madden's more. :wink: One thing I do know, is that it was nearly impossible to play both games actively at the same time. The controls and gameplay are so different that you'll end up hurting yourself in both games.

No Streaming Account
  2. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    2k5 it is a lot harder to run to the outside. Unless you have a very fast RB (speed 90+) you will have some trouble. I find myself having to wait for blocks more often in 2k5 than I did in 2k4. Either way though I still want to play Madden as a change of pace game.

Gajeske85
  3. King Kobra

King Kobra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I assume Jon was referring to 2k4 as the running game was sooo flawed last year it was ridiculous. As the sweep was the play to run especially with Williams or any bigger back with a higher broken tackles rating. I agree with what short time I played ESPN this year the running game did improve. But as Jon said the tapping of the A button and the ability to power up your moves my holding A did get old for me too. Little too arcadish (if thats a word) on that front.

No Streaming Account
  4. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I did not know that this game was only $19.82. That is the same price as ESPN NFL 2k5. Very good deal. (This price was at Wal-Mart)

Gajeske85
  5. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Madden has been 20 bucks for a while a now...at all stores. 8)

No Streaming Account
  6. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, my other half is buying it for me for Valentines day. Not a bad deal.

Gajeske85
  7. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I know... I owned 2k5 for a few weeks before eBay'ing it. My statement about sweeps was referring to the 2k4 game though, in the 2 seasons that I played it here with the Rams.

No Streaming Account
  8. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I will admit in 2k4 the running game was a little out of whack. I am very suprised though at the inprovements they made on 2k5. You can't turn on a dime either in 2k5.

Gajeske85