New Guy

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by AOfool, Jan 28, 2016.

1. AOfool

AOfool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys I'm new to this. Just signed up for the next season. I watched the youtube video explaining everything, but I'm still unsure about a lot. I guess I have to wait until feb(start of season 23). Any suggestions? Should I hop in another league to get the hang of all this before season 23? Can I even join another league while I wait? Im just not %100 on how this all works. Any info/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    -AOfool

No Streaming Account
  2. AOfool

AOfool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Cool thanks!

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. Winston Payne

Winston Payne Staff Emeritus

Discord:
    winstonpayne_#0
    Ratings:
    +1,187 / 0 / -2
    As the upcoming season will be your first, you will be entered into CHL bidding (all new LG players begin at the CHL level and spend a full season there). Before bidding begins (I am unsure of the exact date CHL Bidding starts, but it should be sometime during NHL/AHL bidding; @xX Z3NO Xx ), I highly encourage you to play some scouting games to get your name out there since you are new; You can sign up for scouting games in the orange "LG Pick-Up Games" tab under the shoutbox (see the image below). Doing so increases your odds that somebody will pick you up for their roster in bidding (roster skaters are guaranteed 3 games a week, goalies get 3-6 games weekly) and decreases the odds that you will not be bid on and end up in a training camp (a reserve of emergency players who are not required to receive playing time).

Playing in leagues besides LG is perfectly acceptable and a good way to get an idea of how this league is run before it begins. However, I would recommend avoiding leagues that have time slots that conflict with the CHL gametimes (8:30 & 9:30 PM EST) and think carefully about joining leagues whose time slots rub close to CHL gametimes (leagues with 8:00, 9:00, 10:00 PM EST gametimes) because they could cause issues down the road (games very frequently start past the official start time and lagouts can extend the amount of time games take to run).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    winstonpayne_
  4. AOfool

AOfool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Wow, thank you for your response. I can't thank you enough for helping me out! I really appreciate it. Looking forward to this experience!

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  5. Smithy021

Smithy021 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I am new aswell.. Since i sigen up for Season 23 i dont need to sign up for the CHL aswell correct.. it will automatically put me there?

No Streaming Account
  6. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +832 / 54 / -127
    Correct. As long as you sign up for S23 you are good to go

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. xX Z3NO Xx

xX Z3NO Xx Former 14+ Season Xbox CHL Commissioner

Discord:
    Zeno#9083
    Ratings:
    +2,571 / 54 / -97
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    xX_Z3NO_Xx
  8. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    Scouting games are going to be your best best on ending up on a team and not a training camp but if you do end up on a training camp, keep an eye out for our new Development Games we'll be doing this year which are for TC players. Stats and video will be available from these games for management at all levels to view and hopefully you can end up being called up.

@Smithy021 @AOfool

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    DunksDynasty
  9. GregxWhite

GregxWhite Rated R original : Goalie # 31

Discord:
    ogregster#0
    Ratings:
    +139 / 17 / -18
    Good Luck to everyone for season 23, wether you are new or not.. LG is a big family :)

Gregxwhite