New Owner On the Block: Interview With Cavs Owner Dr E Doolittle

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Natural Snag, Jan 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Natural Snag

Natural Snag Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -2
    Bidding has concluded and a new LGBA season on the new Xbox Series X/S console is right around the corner. To help gear up for the season, I caught up with first time owner Dr E Doolittle of the Cavaliers to see how he prepared for scouting, bidding, and now, the new season.

Q: What aspect of being an owner are you most excited for?

A: Growth and Development. I really pride myself on getting better and helping those around me get better also. It’s all about building up those around you.

Q: What was your plan going into the scouting process? Any particular play styles/archetypes you were looking to find and combine?

A: Every time I ran a scouting game I made one thing clear to every player and that is I’m not looking for the next Jordan/Kobe. I’m looking for IQ, Teamwork & Communication. I believe these traits will take you farther as a team. I don’t play big into Arc Types or how dominant a scorer you are. It’s about the decision you make in a double team, full court press, how you come back from huge deficit on the score board at half etc.

Q: Come bidding time, what was your plan? Did you have any limits on how much you would spend on a certain player? Any plans on 500K’s, snipes etc?

A: So I planned on getting those guys that didn’t stand a chance because they weren’t at the cool table you know the good players but never got noticed. I made sure they had talent and good IQ and communication was at the highest level but didn’t get much mention around the league. I wasn’t going broke for one player I knew players wouldn’t go over 1.5 Mil because people didn’t think twice about them but I did and I know they are ballers that will show out. Much respect to those big name guys because they earned it but I have guys too that will show up, show out, and leave their mark.

Q: Now that bidding has concluded, how are you liking the look of your team? What do you think are it’s main strengths?

A: I love it. I have shooters, I have Defenders, I have playmakers and most of all everyone is hungry. I literally posted “Practice?” In the team chat and 8 out of 10 guys responded I was like yes that’s what I’m talking about. I believe our Defense IQ and Playmaking IQ is above expectations so I’m going to say Defense and Playmaking.

Q: Alright final question, What is your ultimate goal for the season? Obviously everyone wants to win a championship but what else are you looking to get out of the season?

A: I get it everyone wants to win a championship but that is so far away right now. I want to have a successful season by winning games and hopefully making the playoffs. The success of the league hangs on the players having fun and continuing to spread the word about the league. I’m excited if we can get the damn Pro Am matchmaking to work. But on a serious note 1. Having a winning season 2. Making the playoffs 3. League grows to more team owners and more members/ players I’m excited for the season and so are my players but that should continue as owners we have a responsibility to make sure our guys are having fun and continue to spread the word about League Gaming and the LGBA.

So there you have it, first time LGBA owner Dr E Doolittle of the Cavaliers. His team definitely seems full of unknown, high IQ players who are accepting that underdog mentality and want to grow. It’ll be interesting to see how they mesh and if they can make a surprise run this season. Thanks to Dr E Doolittle for his time and I wish him the best of luck in the upcoming season!

• Like Like x 9
    No Streaming Account
  2. iM xSnypE

iM xSnypE Well-Known Member

Discord:
    imxsnype#0
    Ratings:
    +106 / 1 / -2
    Great write-up brother

• Like Like x 2
    Pro-Am: 4P 1R 1A
    No Streaming Account