New Unwritten Rule...

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Babolat, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    New Unwritten Rule..

Taken effect with the start of the Babolat Monaco Open, we will have a new sportsmanship rule that is not mandatory, but something that everyone should consider for certain situations.

My last opponent was DPAnders in the 3rd round of the Paris tournament, and we had a little scheduling problem. We both could only play on certain days, which did not match, and instead of DQ'ing both of us like we should have, I decided to give DPAnders the walk-over, simply because he had more to lose than I did.

So if you are scheduled to play and opponent, and your scheduling does not match, maybe consider giving your opponent the win, so both players don't have to be DQ'd. This is by no means required, but you never know what might happen at the last minute. Just another option to leave open.

Babolat

No Streaming Account
  2. DPAnders

DPAnders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks babolat for the win. A nice thing for you to do. Sorry about what happened with me and Roger F. cuz you could have been there. Our scheldues just got mixed up and the match was not completed. I dont know what you want to do about it.

No Streaming Account