NHL 15 Demo opinions?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by JacobimMugatu, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Evilgenius_i35i

Evilgenius_i35i Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -3
    I'll just buy both ... It's what I've done every year and because EASHL isn't in this year don't mean it won't be next year. I'm glad I have a decent job and can afford some of the privileges from it instead of whining and fighting to play on a used up copy of last years title.
    I also can't wait to download the EARLY RELEASE and EA ACCESS versions of the game to compare the differences ( and to give more money to EA since there seems to be a bit of a Boycott going on )

This whole argument to stay on 14 is stupid. Put your big boy pants on start getting used to the game or just suck in 16 when EASHL comes back and you look for your next excuse.

Evilgenius_i35i
  2. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37

Most people are waiting to buy it used so Microsoft doesn't directly benefit from the sale after not putting eashl in xbone, not because they are poor lol. Way to give yourself a pat on the back though. As for your second part, go ahead and play, you need the practice anyways.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. Evilgenius_i35i

Evilgenius_i35i Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -3
    Right, we know you'll be in line for release ... Just pretend to be a badass and say you won't get it but hide offline n play it ... Come out the closet already

Evilgenius_i35i
  4. Penguins23

Penguins23 Kind of a big deal

Discord:
    .penguins23#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Why would people who sold their consoles care if it's on 14 or 15? People who sold their consoles and aren't purchasing another will not be able to play in LG.

No Streaming Account
  5. JJr

JJr Good Day

Discord:
    JJR-#3526
    Ratings:
    +959 / 127 / -178
    Go along with your EA Boycott while you buy FIFA instead . Makes sense.....

• Like Like x 3
    jjfinesse98
  6. Penguins23

Penguins23 Kind of a big deal

Discord:
    .penguins23#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Not gonna lie, I played the demo at a friend's house and it was actually pretty decent.

No Streaming Account
  7. StickNick555

StickNick555 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    https://vine.co/v/M9TuhjYzxp0

No Streaming Account
  8. The Legacyyyyy

The Legacyyyyy Unknown Member

Ratings:
    +454 / 23 / -10
    The auto dekes are an odd touch but the gameplay is much smoother. The game also seems like it will keep the trash out a bit as well with not being able to basically put your arms behind your back to protect the puck. Also... The backhand... not sure why it's a hot topic as we won't be playing against CPU goalies in 6v6 :p Best 2 things I saw, you can't just pass the puck through people so it might be a bit more realistic for those who play defense and better for goalies because you won't just sit there and say all the time... well you were standing there looking at the puck and it went through the center and dman halfway across the ice for a clean backdoor... and the puck isn't a bouncy ball when it gets dumped. Now whether this will be the same on the 360... who knows. Obviously they like surprising us with their "commitment to quality" I.e. stripping out games modes ;)

TheLegacyyyyy
  9. l Rebel 2 l

l Rebel 2 l YEE YEE

Discord:
    Rebel#6397
    Ratings:
    +274 / 11 / -19
    I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that make a good income, I'm boycotting the series and development team out of principle. They didn't care enough about our ONLINE gaming experience why should I aid in supporting them? Like I said it's the principle of the matter. If you stand for nothing you'll fall for anything. Gj making yourself sound like an ass though.

• Like Like x 8
    Rebel2Tv
  10. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    The more I play it the more I enjoy it. The right stick changes will take some getting used to, but the increased realism on it is a good thing. The one thing I've noticed playing against the AI is that the stick lift is a much more effective tool when someone is protecting the puck. The poke check seems to be better, I've had a few instances where I poked the AI mid toe drag and I just stopped the puck while the forward overskated it, which is fairly realistic compared to past iterations of the game.

Very curious to see how it plays out with online tuners, I think hitting is a bit overpowered when I'm crushing Rick Nash repeatedly with Alec Martinez. I also think the goalie hitting is a bit out of control, being able to knock a goalie into the delay of game zone and have him get called for it is pretty laughable.

No Streaming Account
  11. ittozziloP

ittozziloP Hashtag Big Three

Ratings:
    +365 / 57 / -37
    I don't get all the negativity towards people who want to stay on 14. This league has ~2000 members. If the game is $60, just this league alone would be giving $120,000 to a company that basically fucked us over. Just bc someone disagrees with you doesn't make them an idiot.

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  12. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    To the guy saying everyone who doesn't want to buy NHL 15 for 360 is poor - just because you can afford to do something doesn't mean you should do it. By that logic, there's nothing wrong with flushing $60 down the toilet if you can still pay your bills that month.

• Like Like x 8
    bearditv
  13. BeastModeCowb0y

BeastModeCowb0y Any1 can get it

Ratings:
    +666 / 0 / -0
    Guess they should have waited then. Oh well.

No Streaming Account
  14. GunnMatikk

GunnMatikk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    They probably seem small because their not your typical EASHL 6'9 goalie in net, this is the first year I didn't play 6'4 so they don't seem too small to me, just try coming out of your net a bit more and you should feel fine.

No Streaming Account
  15. pl4tinum514

pl4tinum514 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I just dont see the point of buying a game that is likely to be a 5% difference from the previous year, when everyone in here already has 14 and that guarantees the biggest league turnout. That'll also help anyone who still needs to save up for next-gen consoles for '16.

No Streaming Account
  16. Katuhklizmikk

Katuhklizmikk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yep the biggest reason I want NHL 14 is so because ea messed up but they know they will make even more money by making people by the game twice for there fuck up.
    this was ea

lets take club&otp out of next gen cause we know people will buy it anyway for next gen hockey. Then the best part we keep club&otp into the 360 version and get people to buy two copies muahahah those stupid hockey fans are so stupid they will buy both.

No Streaming Account
  17. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0

You mean they have gotten rid of the most unrealistic deke in the game?! Where you hold your stick and puck way out for everyone to take, but then when they cant actually take it you windmill over them like they are some kind of midget and then the puck floats behind them and back onto your stick?!

Fuck it then. Game sucks. 0/10 dont buy

Edit: Also, everyone complaning about the back hand, you've been complaining about not having one for longer!! You can score with it in the demo and it needs to be nerfed?! Come on now, the "Backhand, Forehand, Shoot top shelf" glitch never left NHL 14 and nobody was whining about nerfing that.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  18. Jewell x 96

Jewell x 96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    it makes the game 100% more realistic, the only thing i had problems with was if i was skating too fast towards the net on a breakaway and i would try to pull it backhand my guy would take a long time and fuck it up and skate right into the goalie. It'll just take some getting use to. All in all though, i think the game is pretty sick. No more putting it to one hand which was an unrealistic move. you can't just hold the puck in a deep toe drag and never lose it anymore. I think once the real game comes out and the easy ways to score are fixed it will be a great game. Everyone bitches about not being able to knock a guy off the puck while holding a toe-drag in NHL 14, but then you guys bitch that it makes you do a move now, lol, figure it out. That makes it realistic you would never ever stand still holding a toe-drag in real life. I think nearly every aspect of the game is 100% realistic. HUGE step in RIGHT direction.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. sparkplug87 nic

sparkplug87 nic Well Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5 / -14
    Has anybody that is a goalie in this league played the demo in goalie mode? If so how did you do? Because I feel like it is impossible to play, the shots are so fast it's unreal, I find the movement the same as 14 but the position of your tendy needs to be exact or you will get sniped on. Let me know how you feel about it

No Streaming Account
  20. Jewell x 96

Jewell x 96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    Why does it matter if you play goalie or not? unless you're locking onto it online then it doesn't matter. There's no club/otp.

No Streaming Account