NHL 21 Goalies

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by nochance85, Sep 1, 2020.

1. nochance85

nochance85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 165 / -20
    So for those of you that have played a few games in net what are your thoughts so far?

nochance1018
  2. Hra-ow

Hra-ow Hra

Ratings:
    +1,449 / 166 / -474
    Player perspective:

Make a fucking save. You guys look like shit out there.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    hraow
  3. nochance85

nochance85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 165 / -20
    Yea its not very good.

nochance1018
  4. Doc_Peep

Doc_Peep Good vibes only

Discord:
    Doc_Peep#6385
    Ratings:
    +495 / 23 / -53
    It feels much better. Much easier to play net.

doc_marshmallow
  5. MikeeTeeze

MikeeTeeze Seasoned veteran

Discord:
    mikeeteeze#0
    Ratings:
    +345 / 14 / -20
    Goalie is way better, movement is precise and H-V is key now. Middle sitters beware, you’re dead.
    Short side stuffing is OP and the puck bounces off of everything in a weird way. Good luck out there boys.

• Like Like x 1
    mikeeteeze
  6. XSharkieMeddy

XSharkieMeddy '72 Sharkie

Discord:
    XSharkieMeddy55#2517
    Ratings:
    +87 / 43 / -72
    As a veteran tendy i can tell u this much i wont judge on the beta there is so many glitch goals at the moment, they said g's ai will be tougher we'll see, i love the right skill stick controls except the spread eagle down on right skill stick is useless since you already have it on a button, only thing it does is when slide down right or down left sometimes you'll end up on a spread eagle for nothing, in beta on 20 i deleted it after two days, this one im still playing, but one thing if you think you'll be able to go full offence and your tendy will save your life, just won't happen again its gonna be team Defense... other than that im glad i use to use my right skill alot kinda getting the hang of it...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    xsharkiemeddy55
  7. tdk_95

tdk_95 Wannabe RD

Discord:
    TDK_95#8433
    Ratings:
    +373 / 7 / -2
    I hate it, personally. It's worth noting I've been terrible, all beta, and I'll be the first to cop to that. I think a lot of the changes that have been made have personally altered my play style more than they might another goalie, so I might have stronger feelings about this than some other goalies would. Having said that...

Pros
    -----
    - Movement speed is quicker in a way that saves I think would be virtually impossible all last year are possible in the beta. Butterfly slides seem more effective, regular movement in butterfly has been entirely reworked, basically if you know a specific shot/pass is coming you should be able to get to it this year.
    - New spread eagle is OP. For real, the first true weapon goalies have been given on breakaways/in close chances. The fact that the goalie slides back the way he does without already moving backwards defies the laws of physics, but idc, it's sick and I've made some unreal saves.
    - Shots through traffic go in! I think this is good personally, I've thought screens should be more of a tool than they've been in years past.
    - GOALIE EXTRA ATTACKERS ARE SICK, and the only change I hope they implement is the ability to create a class.

Edit:
    - New butterfly post leans could use a bit of a touch-up I think in terms of shots they allow, angles, etc. but otherwise look good and surprisingly natural once you get into the flow of a game.

Cons
    -----
    - Movement speed is way quicker and harder to control, so mistakes are amplified. This particularly affects me a lot, positions where I would come out and challenge in the past, it's too easy to lose track of your net after a couple passes. Players are rewarded for, I don't wanna say middle-sitting, but taking passive, conservative movements this year where they weren't in the past.
    - LOW ANIMATIONS ARE TRASH. Oh my god. Ask literally anyone who's played 10+ games in net and they'll tell you about the broken stick low/five hole animation that lets goals in like crazy, but there's more to it than that.
    • Shots in close while in butterfly won't even elicit an animation.
    • High to low deflections from the point go in more than they should, and far more than they did last year. Goalies aren't rewarded for active positioning.
    • It seems like the deflections into the corner on shots far away have virtually vanished in this beta, and it was one of my favorite added features this year. Good positioning and visibility on a shot are less likely to reward you with a good rebound.
    • I've noticed that skaters pull pucks directly off your pads much quicker after shots this year, and I'd love to see if other goalies can also vouch for that. Going along with that, auto-cover seems slightly nerfed.
    • THAT damn stick low animation. It'll get fixed. I know it will.
    • Edit: Maybe I'm just biased, but low shots, specifically low blocker side shots on the rush, should not go in as much as they do. There were clearly some stand-up animations they thought seemed unrealistic or didn't work too well with the newer animations so they tried to kill them, and as a result it's far too easy to let up soft goals from a distance even while a goalie is challenging the shooter. Those shots, in years past, would be a kick save, potentially one where the goalie would himself go down into butterfly and now they just look like...bad fluke goals.
    - Paddle down is dead. Long live paddle down. The tool is still there, but the inability to get a paddle down post hug (which is primarily what I used it for) without first standing, post hugging, butterflying, then paddle downing kills its functionality; all those actions take way too long to perform. Couple that with the fact that you can't move post-to-post paddle down and it's a game over. (Love you Doc <3)
    - There's bugs, but that's to be expected. Your goalie locks up if you try and post hug out of a free skate (which you use more than you'd think if you play the puck actively.) Goalie movement in general seems to have some bugs, I went to skate a puck behind my net during WNP last night and got completely locked up.

Idk, I'm gonna add more to this as I think of things. Personally, I'm not enjoying playing goalie in '21, and that might be because I'm bad, but I have to say the games I've played well I find myself...doing less with the position than I used to.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    TDK95
  8. SomeoneStopMePls

SomeoneStopMePls don’t worry bout it sweetheart

Ratings:
    +327 / 22 / -153
    @NoSleeves12 hope you see this

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Calgross
  9. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506

TL;DR

zChieef
  10. XSharkieMeddy

XSharkieMeddy '72 Sharkie

Discord:
    XSharkieMeddy55#2517
    Ratings:
    +87 / 43 / -72
    in beta if youre over 70 sv % youre a beast loll

• Funny Funny x 1
    xsharkiemeddy55
  11. tdk_95

tdk_95 Wannabe RD

Discord:
    TDK_95#8433
    Ratings:
    +373 / 7 / -2
    Goalie sucks but also I am bad, fix the animations, maybe consider making movement a bit slower.

TDK95
  12. STLstash

STLstash SoStLouis

Discord:
    stlstash#0
    Ratings:
    +262 / 5 / -30
    Man. I wish EA woulda let me play.

stlstash
  13. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    It's like waaaayy faster than the regular spread eagle. Maybe if they replaced the spread eagle with it entirely that'd be better.

eamonnjcf