Official Rankings Points Question?

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Babolat, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Official Rankings Po

Everytime I lose, I lose in a very close match, either in the 3rd set, or in a couple of tie-breakers like it happened twice today. And everytime I won, I win very easily. And it seems like if you win/lose a close match, you get/lose more points then if you win/lose in a blowout (which always happens to me).

So are the points based on the rank of player you play, or how close the match is.

I have lost and won against an over 1,000 player, and have had this situation happen. And the same goes for my beating, and losing against a top 30 player.

Can anyone confirm this?

Is it based on rank of player you play, or how close the match is. Or a wierd combination of both?

No Streaming Account
  2. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yup, its based on rankings. I played this guy, which I didn't know his rank at the moment, and let him win the 1st set, and won the 2nd and 3rd set without losing a game.

I then saw that I only gained 4 pts, and he was ranked in the 2,000s.

Then I played Kaneda23, which is a little b****, who also hates people that slice by the way, and beat him 3-1, 4-2, and got 22 pts. Getting me back into the top 30.

So there you go - it goes by the rank you play. If you beat someone around you, you get a good pts, and if you beat someone way lower then you, you get nothing.

But if you lose to someone way lower, or beat someone way higher, you will get or lose, and handful of points.

No Streaming Account