Official Season 1 Announcement

Discussion in 'LG2KPark' started by The Original MP, Nov 1, 2003.

1. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Official Season 1 An

Please take the time to read the entire thread, every word, before replying. It took me a while to butcher xboxjon's thread :)

Schedule and weekly format:

The format will be a 28 game, 10 week season! Each week begins on Sunday morning and ends the following Saturday night.

Each team will be required to play a minimum of their 3 scheduled games for that week. If a game is not played during the week, both teams will receive a penalty which will be shown in red on the scoreboard. This is more or less a reminder that you have a game overdue. You will then have a 1 week grace period to make up that missed game. If it still remains unplayed after that time period, both teams will be given a loss and the game will not be able to be made up. It doesn't matter who's fault it was, or who didn't make themself very available. Both teams get a loss, end of story (more on this later). Keep in mind that if you have an overdue game, you still have your 3 games from the current week that will need to be played as well, so try to always get those 3 games in each week.

Playing ahead of schedule:

You will be allowed to play games past the current week if you meet the following conditions:

1) All of your games from the current week, and previous weeks, must be completed.

2) You can only play the past the upcoming week if you have at least 2/3 of those games finished. IE. If it's week 5, and you have all 3 games from week 5 finished (see rule 1), as well as 2/3 games from week 6, then you can play your week 7 games (but no further, unless you complete that 3rd week 6 game which would enable you to play week 8 if 2/3 of 7 get done. Confused? Good. Just ask me before you play ahead, that's simplier.

Dates:

Our season will start November 9th and end sometime around the end of January.

Settings:

Game Type: Ranked
    Difficulty level: All-Star
    Quarter Length: 7 Minutes
    Camera: Default

Missed games:

As I detailed above, missed games will be allowed to made up within 1 week of being overdue, after that they are a loss for both teams and the game can not be made up. Obviously, things are going to crop up between now and March, as people will be taking vacations and what not. As long as you let us know when you will be gone for an extended amount of time, we can make arrangments and avoid those penalties. If it's only a 1 week vacation, that will be easy enough to play those games ahead of time so that you don't miss any games. Vacations are really the only exception here. Missing games because you had a tough work schedule, or a weekend wedding, or finals, or you had to work, after school sports, etc etc will not matter. If you think that you might not have the time to play 3 games per week, then please say so now. Repeatedly missing games, having automatic forfeits/losses because a game went unplayed, or being generally very hard to get ahold of will get you replaced by someone on the waiting pool.

Scoreboard, calculator input:

The winner of each game is required to enter the scores and stats into the scoreboard calculator when your match is completed. A seperate thread will be created detailing how to do this and what stats need to be recorded. There will also be a game notes section where you can add some comments if you like. The most important thing I can stress here is that you are not allowed to leave the game until both you and your opponent have made it to the menu that gives you the option to "exit" the game. Do not disconnect, power off, or do anything else until you both reach that point. If you do exit before then, the stats of the game will not be able to be viewed and recorded. So it's important that you verify that the person entering stats (winner) is in the stats page and then you can exit back to the main menu. Once you've verified that the winner is taking down stats, then please leave the game (so you don't cause a disconnect error or something).

Conduct, Sportsmanship, Misc.:

I don't think I need to tell you guys that vulgarity, name calling, cheating, quitting a game, disconnecting intentionally, and/or shutting off your XBox. Reports of such conduct will result in a quick removal of your league membership (ie. SHathaway). Harmless trash talking is one thing, but please respect your opponent and treat them as you would want to be treated.

Lag. We all have broadband, and this game doesn't seem to be a bandwidth hog at all. However, if you do not have 100% access to your broadband connection, I would ask that you do not play the game until you can be assured of that. That means, if your wife, brother, parents, child, sister, etc might get on the computer and start checking email or using AIM, or browsing the net, you should reschedule your game until the broadband is all yours. It should also be said that turning off ALL internet applications is vital to a smooth online experience. If you leave MSN Messenger, AIM, ICQ, Trillian, Outlook Express, your browser, etc running on your computer, it can and will cause lag (or at least make voice chat very choppy). Please turn this stuff off before you play your games!

Divergence errors, disconnects, connection issues, etc. Because the game will kick you back to the main menu if any of these should occur, it would be hard to recreate the same circumstances as when the network problem happened. If a game is not completely finished, it needs to be replayed in it's entirety. Please make note of this on the game notes (ie. 2nd try, first game disconnected, etc) as we want to keep track of the connection problems and make sure it's not being abused by any particular people.

Voice chat. It is an official requirement that ever league member use their headset while playing league games. If not just to chat with your fellow gamer, at a minimum you need it to talk and hear each other if something should come up (ie. phone call, door bell, etc). The voice chat feature is what makes these games great, and it helps build comradery with fellow members. So please use it and get to know each other. If you don't like to talk, or maybe you can't because it's late at night or whatever, you still are required to wear the headset and be able to listen. Have the common courtesy to tell your playing partner "I can't talk right now" if that is the case.

Instant Messengers. Please try and make yourself available on AIM, MSN, ICQ, etc and add all of the league members to your buddy lists. Most of use one or all of these chat clients and it is our primary tool for getting our games scheduled, lined up and started. You can use the forum and PM's of course, but the chat clients are "instant" of course.

Teams:

The following is the list of team/owner assignments for Season 1.

• :ksan: The Original MP
      :kdal: Big Red02
      :kdet: MixMasterMike
      :katl: accountblocked
      :klal: SixWonSix
      :kmin: XBoxJon
      :knj: Striker3771
      :kpor: Canucks33
      :kny: Darthor
      :khou: TheGame
      :kmia: CHOSEN ONE 33
      :ksac: BigBoiz
      :kbos: Speed Racer X
      :kind: PowderedToast
      :korl: Desert Storm 42
      :kmen: Mike Bizzle
      :kphx: skornzbolt23
      :kno: LayzieBoy
      :kmil: dillywill
      :kcle: mumfordbs
      :ktor: First Canadian
      :kden: Truskillz
      :klac: Willoman
      :kwas: BOOM1
      :ksea: socalguy
      :kchi: sportman85
      :kphi: cruthik
      :kgs: NoTyme
      :kuta: Golden Gophers???

Final Comments:

In closing I would like to make it very clear that we will not tolerate any members dropping out of the league. Anyone who drops from this league will never be asked back to this league and membership in existing/future leagues (ie. Top Spin, Links 2003, Inside Pitch) could be invalidated.

No Streaming Account
  2. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here are the teams... still looking for 2 dedicated owners to be the Jazz or Bucks!

No Streaming Account
  3. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sounds good, can't wait to get it started!!!

No Streaming Account
  4. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have the owners of the other 27 teams re-confirmed their interest?

No Streaming Account
  5. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    although you didn't ask me, I have confirmed mine :D

No Streaming Account
  6. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol half the owners are brand new as of last night and today and the rest are dedicated LG members so i think we are ok

No Streaming Account
  7. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    XBOXJon, are you taking a team or not? JUst wondering as I can't see all that small text sometimes, and you might be there, just I can't see it!

No Streaming Account
  8. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    he is the dreaded T-Wolves

No Streaming Account
  9. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    schnap that sucks for us lol. Because it appears that he is good at most Sega Sports(ESPN) games and well this is another one, and with a great team behind him :-( But hey, its not the tean, its the person controlling the team!

No Streaming Account
  10. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you should have seen how bad we always kicked his butt at motogp! oh well atleast hes good at something :D

No Streaming Account
  11. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol yeah, I never liked MGP, but back to NBA :)

No Streaming Account
  12. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah yeah. That's because I only put practice time into simulation games... which MotoGP1/2 is FAAAAR from. Speaking of which, I just sold my copy of MGP2 on half.com for $35 last week. Cha Ching.

No Streaming Account
  13. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    damn lol thats some nice money!

No Streaming Account
  14. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how could u sell mgp1 or 2 ...i actually tried but i just couldnt do it...i meant spent 9 months with those 2 games i couldnt just toss them out for some quick cash :(

No Streaming Account
  15. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol same with me with NHL 2K3, I still have it lol!

No Streaming Account
  16. dillywill

dillywill Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    please please let me be the bucks. they are my favorite team.

No Streaming Account
  17. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ill see what i can do dilly

No Streaming Account
  18. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't believe the Bucks. Get rid of Ray Allen for my man G P. Then they let G P go to the Lakers and let Cassell go to Minnesota. Tough luck lol!

No Streaming Account
  19. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    dilly the bucks are yours... now all we need is an owner for ATL and UTAH... ne1 know ne1 that would be interested in taking over either of those teams?

No Streaming Account
  20. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what happened to ATL owner? I could have sworn that 1 hour ago they were taken!

No Streaming Account