Pausing on Live

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by jackBURTON, Nov 8, 2003.

1. jackBURTON

jackBURTON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there any way to pause the game mid-match on live? Woob and I were playing, we both hit start, but my guy served anyway.

Any way to do this, or are you stuck once the match starts?

No Streaming Account
  2. Eclipse2k

Eclipse2k Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's really sad, but nope. I have no idea why they did this though. You both pause, and it's really only a screen but no pausing. It's weird...

No Streaming Account
  3. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah did it to prevent cheaters from pausing during a volley and screwing up their opponent. Yes, it's a pain if you really do need to pause and stop the action for something, but the alternative is worse (cheaters).

I think you have like 15 seconds to serve before the computer does it automatically for you. This helps prevent the other form of cheating (dropping the controller and leaving the XBox run to prevent you from winning and getting back to the XBL menu w/o quitting yourself).

No Streaming Account
  4. Pizza Supreme

Pizza Supreme Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I believe I read somewhere that it is 20 seconds. BUt yeah, the only option is let the replay and the cut scences run inbetween games and sets, if there is something you really have to do. If it is something that will take longer than that, you are SOL.

No Streaming Account
  5. The Destroyer

The Destroyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm kind of glad they didn't include this pause option cause it could really screw you up in the actual game. Of course it sucks if you are playing someone you trust, cause somethings do come up. Oh well, no big lose.

No Streaming Account