Players Association Application Thread

Discussion in 'LGFA - Players Association' started by phillyfan765, Dec 18, 2014.

1. phillyfan765

phillyfan765 LGFA Deputy Commissioner

Ratings:
    +167 / 2 / -2
    Hey everyone as you know i was the PA President last season and now i am looking for someone to step up and take over that role. The PA President is a very important job in my eyes and whoever this person is needs to understand that. If there is more than one application than there will be a election with the players voting for who they want. Please fill out the following info if you are interested in running. I encourage you to have a VP in mind when running but if you don't that doesn't exclude you.

Gamertag:
    PA Vice President (if you have one):
    Previous Experience:
    Why the players should vote for you:
    Any other info:

Thanks and good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    Alright - I'm not sure what I'm going to stir up by doing this but I'm throwing my hat in to the race - so we have our first PA race if nothing changes.

With that said, I will be talking to BBQ about being my VP. If I lose or he does not agree, I am willing to be his VP.

Experience: LGHL PA VP S18 & interim President after his resignation just after the trade deadline.
    Main Project: Establish and conduct CHL Training camps to minimize team forfeits in the chl and increase player involvement by TC Players.
    Secondary project: was working on the foundational concepts for a LGHL Training camp site for proposal of integration to Tris10 & Brodie for the LGCHL portion of the site.

Main platforms & objectives for the LGFA PA:
    1. Player and player rights representation for any infringements providing said player(s) can provide proof of misjudgement or unfair treatments/violations decisions.

2. Seek and gain player(s) approval for representation regarding Constitution reform IF the PA can agree that a particular request would benefit players and therefore the league. (Note: not all benefits to players are benefits to the league and I will NOT promote or push for a change that will harm the league UNLESS the majority of the players voice there opinion in a way that is clearly visible to everyone (ie. vote or otherwise).

3. Player and league skills development where possible. This doesn't mean that I am a superior player to everyone (though I can hold my own against the best in my opinion). What it means is that it is beneficial to each player, team and the league that we gain and develop members of superior quality and skill (without bad attitudes) in order for us all to grow. I am devoted to help anyone interested developing and improving at any position or play style...even formation/strategy.

4. Assist team management in regards to player/management relations. The PA cannot infringe nor violate management/organization's privacy or strategies of ANY kind. However, the PA should be committed in maintaining and improving relations with their management where possible. For this reason I am committed to helping both sides improve where possible for benefit of the players. This will be done NEUTRALLY and OBJECTIVELLY.

5. With increased/heightened access granted to PA staff. I am devoted to respecting the privacy within each organization and ensure that such access is NOT abused. Failure to do so is detrimental to everyone - but I am making it clear that I am a person of integrity that xan be trusted.

6. League and site development where possible. Note this is limited by those involved in the LG Dev team as permitted by Tris10 as well as LGFA staff - but I will always present multiple ideas in the hopes that some may be put in to production (ie. implemented)

I think that skims the surface. and should give everyone an idea what I'm all about. Please vote for me if it comes down to a vote.

7 - AVL involvement. Why do I bring this up? Yes, I am involved as a player (currently). No it will not hinder my role as PA President or VP here.

Bp

• Like Like x 5
    Bottomless_Pit
  3. PsychSmokeBBQ

PsychSmokeBBQ Welcome to Slide Tackle City

Ratings:
    +200 / 13 / -8
    Bottomless, you've got my vote for certain!

Honestly, I was under the impression that it might be tough to find applicants. Obviously, it's you and I only thus far. You have a sound plan, and what sounds like a ton of enthusiasm for it. I applaud you and believe you'll be best suited in the position!

• Like Like x 1
    Psychsmokebbq
  4. Bottomless Pit

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    Just to clarify..does this mean you are dropping out? Keep in mind that just because you have this opinion that does not necessarily mean that the rest of the league shares your opinion. I don't think it would be in the best interest of the league for you to do so. Let them choose.

Unless either of us find someone else for VP, either way we will both still be the PA staff. Also..anyone else remotely considering running for PA Pres should make it known and jump in also...but only if you're serious about doing the job.

Here we have a former owner who was banned for quitting last season (me) and you whom sounds like you're bailing on the race. I'm not saying either of us are bad for the job...but there's definitely room for a third candidate. I just think the players (even management) need a strong representative in light of how things were done last season (not that hstory will repeat itself)...alkl for benegit of the league/players.

• Like Like x 1
    Bottomless_Pit
  5. PsychSmokeBBQ

PsychSmokeBBQ Welcome to Slide Tackle City

Ratings:
    +200 / 13 / -8
    Yes, I am dropping out. I originally applied for staff, but there was a conflict. Philly then spoke to me about this position.
    Again, I only applied because I understood there might not be any applicants. I made every single LFGA match from the moment I was assigned to Chelsea in season 1. Someone like me, will likely never have an issue that the PA Pres needs to address. I can't control what your history includes, in regards to quitting as owner in a previous season. Again, it sounds like you've got a great plan in mind. I know I for one would not judge you based on what you did in season 1. I also don't have any interest in being a VP, but it has absolutely nothing to do with you. I don't quit things once I've started, and fortunately this is one of those scenarios where I can make a decision before I'm fully involved.

Psychsmokebbq
  6. KC x44

KC x44 LGFA's Peter Vermes

Ratings:
    +206 / 11 / -16
    Pit has my vote also. He seems like a stand up guy when I play with him and is easy to work with. I'd give him my recommendation any day.

(But my vote doesn't count cause I am staff)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Bottomless Pit

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    So as it turns out I'm not permitted to run for any management or staff position. Just thought I would let every know.

BBQ (or someone else) please consider doing si for you own, the players, and the league's benefit.

Feel free to use my ideas above. ..and I can still unofficially provide suggestions if desired.

..good luck in the race and in bidding too

Bp

Bottomless_Pit