Playstation 4?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SlimThuggin21, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCKIESON

DCKIESON Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    with some help from the league why not? wed grow even bigger with a whole new playerbase

No Streaming Account
  2. The Guy QC

The Guy QC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 34 / -34
    You are aware how much work is involved right? Brodie does a crazy amount of work amongst others

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    LG is definitely an extraordinary feat but not impossible, as appreciative as we all are to Brodie Tris and all who do behind the scenes im sure others are capable as well

No Streaming Account
  4. The Guy QC

The Guy QC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 34 / -34
    No doubt others are capable build a team then propose something to tris and Brodie who knows even if it starts small maybe you can build it, I know [MENTION=6672]Heimbecker[/MENTION] would be interested

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  5. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Well not so true,

With xbox, when you do a screen shot or a game clip you are actually uploading it to xbox's servers, then they give us an API to read that media info. Which is great because we get the date/time its created, the xbox title it was from and a bunch of other meta data we can use.

Playstation network has nothing to my knowledge like this, they only have a system when you can take a replay, and upload it to a connected service like youtube or facebook. From there, we lose all that meta data. The only thing we could do would be to read your youtube accounts uploads, but then we would get everyone's stupid cat and drunk at the bar videos mixed in.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    I understand the concept being Xbox is completely integratable with the current LG setup

As far as the whole youtube debacle it would be as simple as removing that from the concept entirely and just using Twitch, Im not to familiar with LG TV but you can correspond your twitch account to reflect what your videos as well no?

Tough debate for the PS side as I know that when you create a clip screenshot etc it will automatically Title it and date it, but thats easily manipulatible, I just dont know how or if you would be able to hook in a third party to read info as your mentioning.

On the contrary though anything taken as a screenshot for definitive proof or evidence of a game lies within the picture does it not? Pretty hard to fake a win over a team when you have all their names in the Club Scouting screen.

The biggest hump to face would definitely be the user integration, the way LG hooks into your Xbox account now is so beyond advanced compared to even some MLG technology now but thats an outstanding precedent to use. Im just looking at pitching a functional league that could work its way up to the LG Xbox standards, it obviously wouldnt have all the bells and whistles to start.

On a bright note by claiming the Playstation player base if this becomes a reality you guys would DOUBLE your site visitor, donations and any other variable each new member would offer

No Streaming Account
  7. Ahernn

Ahernn Captain of LG Meme Team

Ratings:
    +1,569 / 2 / -9
    it's too late for that now. the entire league has already sold their boxes for ps4s and tris10 has already switched the league over

• Like Like x 12
    No Streaming Account
  8. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    so funny, I wonder how many likes that post will get

No Streaming Account
  9. Mt Willard

Mt Willard Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mtwillard#0
    Ratings:
    +392 / 29 / -39
    Why didn't you just return the Ps4 when you got it for the One?

Mtwillard
  10. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    PS4s alot better IMO, after I gave it a chance I wouldnt give it up for the Xbox One, Ive also owned an Xbox 360 for almost a decade and have played whenever I want on my buddies Xbox One so I definitely know the difference, just would be a better experience IMO

I also should make note that this additional league would have little to no effect on anyone currently in this league without a PS4, Im noticing a lot of people are shooting it down, mocking the concept etc, but you would have nothing to do if it came to exist you would still have this LGHL but there would be your equal counterparts in a new PS LGHL league, a whole new 30 team league

No Streaming Account
  11. FRANK LD 69

FRANK LD 69 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trouba_train#0
    Ratings:
    +3,138 / 76 / -140
    [video=youtube;l3o_EDYl7a4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3o_EDYl7a4[/video]

• Like Like x 6
    gethesehands69
  12. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    If you can somehow find enough high quality PS4 NHL players to make a 30 team NHL with training camps for ECUs, and someone who doesn't argue like a 13 year old who can be trusted with running it and a whole team of staff, and I'm sure that this idea would be endorsed.

However, saying LG would double in players donations and all that shit is a HUGE stretch (no pun intended.) The PS NHL community isn't as big as the Xbox one AFAIK, which is why LG has multiple guys who switched over from the PS to Xbox. @l Stretch 21 l

iMackie21
  13. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350

• Like Like x 6
    In Main Menu
    xspezzal19lx
  14. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    LOL funny post, how often do you watch wrestling? Pretty homoerotic sport to be referencing isnt it?

No Streaming Account
  15. FRANK LD 69

Discord:
    trouba_train#0
    Ratings:
    +3,138 / 76 / -140
    Yeah making remarks regarding homosexuals will get you really far on this site buddy!

• Like Like x 1
    gethesehands69
  16. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    The idea is obviously in the stage of potential, no one number could be estimated how much the new league would garner from the Playstation playerbase, but you should also take into account how many people might just be simply recruited just because the league exists

The hardcore players are the ones switching from PS to Xbox if at all but Im sure there are tons of people who would sign up who have never played an Xbox before that have remained exclusive to PS

Trying to guage the potential of this league is hard when the only console at hand in this league is Xbox lol, it would be a slow process but PS players would pop up just like the Xbox ones did when LG first began

No Streaming Account
  17. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    So will your useless garbage in almost everything you waste typing out

No Streaming Account
  18. FRANK LD 69

Discord:
    trouba_train#0
    Ratings:
    +3,138 / 76 / -140
    Says the moron whose too cheap to buy an Xbox one so you made a thread asking for a league that will never happen.

• Like Like x 1
    gethesehands69
  19. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    I apologize for making fun of you, you seem like one of those guys who gets picked on in real life so you take it out on people over the internet

No Streaming Account
  20. bMaJuH

bMaJuH Free Agent

Ratings:
    +1,972 / 47 / -79
    Did you mean to do that? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.