Media POLL: Cleveland's moves last week

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by tsibs88, Mar 26, 2017.

?

What statements best describe your opinion on the issue of Cleveland's roster moves?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2017.
  1. Pest did what he needed for his organization

26.4%
  2. Cleveland was already very successful. Why change anything?

7.3%
  3. The players that got them there should have stayed on Cleveland

15.5%
  4. Cleveland has stacked an already stacked team!

11.8%
  5. Not crazy about all the trades but at least they moved their players to good teams

10.9%
  6. LG should consider rule changes to prevent send downs like this

50.9%
  7. That’s life! Get over it and move on!!

38.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Austin2997

Austin2997 Austin2997

Ratings:
    +40 / 3 / -3
    Some problems I think I see with this, if I'm understanding correctly; If a player can never move down from the NHL, there will never be room for players to move up, correct? The competition in the NHL will deteriorate if you can't have better players move up, and worse players come down. There are fringe NHL players who may belong in the AHL, and there are fringe AHL players who belong in the NHL, neither player would end up in the proper league if this were implemented. A minimum number of games played to participate in the playoffs, though, that's something to look into. Although, Cleveland's moves were made at the deadline. Does that mean in the future, if teams were to trade players at the deadline, and receive a player who was recently in the NHL, would they not be authorized to use him in the playoffs, even though they did trade pieces to get him?

• Like Like x 1
    TheAustin2997
  2. lll_ScArEcRoW_ll

lll_ScArEcRoW_ll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 3 / -7
    Or everyone could stop complaining about all this cause it's a VIDEO GAME and figure out how to beat them. Cause that's when the shit talking can really begin.

No Streaming Account
  3. lll_ScArEcRoW_ll

lll_ScArEcRoW_ll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 3 / -7
    Plus all of u r bitching cause they r NHL players but isn't the point to move up to the NHL so u can compete with the best. Don't worry about replying either cause the answer is "no shit".

No Streaming Account
  4. Wingnutdrw53

Wingnutdrw53 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wingnutdrw53#1228
    Ratings:
    +269 / 27 / -182
    I think it was smart, but on the other hand I think it can be abused to the point where owners could sabotage an NHL team to make an All star AHL team. I just think moving forward it should be restricted at the very least, maybe 1/2 draft picks eligible for AHL. I can see if a team is out of it in NHL that "friend" will help the other out with draft picks. I don't know, just doesn't sit well with me, just an opinion. You and I both know this ploy will be abused these upcoming seasons since it's now magnified league wide. Making a great AHL team from a bad NHL team overnight like that. Not calling you out. It is a shrewd move, just don't like it moving forward. What I'm confused about is why you make those moves, you already had a hell of a team before lol

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. newzealandtroak

newzealandtroak Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +380 / 16 / -34
    A lot of buttthurt people in this league huh?

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Forthy

Forthy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 15 / -32
    I think the tipping point was that Pest was looking past this season for the NHL club. They were in a spot where it would take a hell of a run to make the playoffs, and moving the players and friends off the AHL team actually benefitted the NHL team's long term plan. Obviously the AHL team gets replenished by the send downs, so it's an easy, mutually beneficial move.

• Winner Winner x 3
    jdforthy
  7. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    Every smart owner already knows about these tactics, this season is not going to change a thing that way honestly. Forthy gets it because he is an owner. Only eyes this move really opened was those down here in the AHL. Which is irrelevant when the NHL makes these moves and they already know they can do this.
    Owners can sabotage their NHL team to make a great NHL team but my question to that is why would they? If they do that all they are doing is digging their own grave as an owner. Doing that would lead to removal of the owner most certainly. What we did as explained already was the complete opposite of sabotaging the NHL team, it was a move that will actually be greatly beneficial for the long term of the organization at both the AHL and NHL level. Pest and I knew it was going to be extremely hard for them to make the playoffs and even if they did they were not getting out of the first round. So we made the focus for his team on next season and made these moves.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. AppleWizard47

AppleWizard47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    A few years ago, in the REAL NHL, the Allstar MVP was sent down... just saying... o_O

I don't care, @x4HxPESTILENCEx is a great dude and did what was best for his team and organization. That's why DP's are so valuable to begin with... Would people have really cared if they were in the AHL all season? I mean, DP's can go wherever their owner sees fit. Just puts a target on them and makes teams play them hard. I think they'll make it to the finals, but who knows...

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. Miipanton

Miipanton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -6
    True Pest is the GOAT

• Winner Winner x 2
    chowski777
  10. x4HxPESTILENCEx

x4HxPESTILENCEx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x4HxPESTILENCEx#1606
    Ratings:
    +146 / 18 / -26
    No owner would intentionally lose games, actually i take that back Rehank or whatever his name was did that last season with Det, notice how he got banned before the season was even over and Forthy is in charge now. No one wants to lose a game ever, but 14 teams don't make playoffs every year, so I did what was best for the Columbus Organization as a whole for this season, next season, and beyond.

• Winner Winner x 3
    x4hxpestilencex
  11. Wingnutdrw53

Wingnutdrw53 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wingnutdrw53#1228
    Ratings:
    +269 / 27 / -182
    Rehanek intentionally lost games and took forfeits...And guess who had to deal with that Season 3 mess... lol I literally banned myself and paid $35 to get off of Rehaneks Detroit team because he intentionally sabotaged the team and traded our best players to his friends. He's not the only one, he was just not very bright in his actions and hiding it and he got caught... probably why I'm so sensitive on this matter because I know there are still owners that abuse and take advantage of their position, especially if it's an owner in 2 leagues and they have that backburner league to fall back on. Rehanek was an utter disaster... my bud Chyz got caught.. (different reason) but there are more out there doing shady things, just saying.

No Streaming Account
  12. SKILLEDPYTHON

SKILLEDPYTHON East

Ratings:
    +284 / 118 / -312
    Every season NHL teams send players down to help AHL Affiliates.
    Nothing new or particularly clever about this.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    No Streaming Account
  13. Filthy_Habitz

Filthy_Habitz Fred T. Hunt Award Winner (S1)

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    You guys are giving @x4HxPESTILENCEx way too much credit. He is only copying what he has seen other NHL owners do every past season since season 1. It works both ways. Ask anyone who has managed the Marlies. Ask them what happens at trade deadline every season. This things happen every season. Giving an NHL owner credit for having a winning AHL team and losing NHL season is bizzar.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  14. deerhunter2911

deerhunter2911 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -3
    All he did was make his team better for the future. He knew they had no chance to make playoffs in NHL so he made trades to get draft picks to make his team better next year.

deerhunter2911
  15. KimOPereZ

KimOPereZ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    KimOPereZ#8285
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -2
    They have 2 ways contracts, otherwise they have to pass to waivers...

No Streaming Account
  16. SKILLEDPYTHON

SKILLEDPYTHON East

Ratings:
    +284 / 118 / -312
    Correlated to league and individual player status e.g., NHL, AHL / Veteran, Amateur etc., etc.

No Streaming Account