Poll: Which NHL 360 Title for LGHL Season 193

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tris10, Aug 28, 2014.

?

Which Game Should we use for Season 19-21

Poll closed Sep 5, 2014.
  1. Either Title

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NHL 14 Xbox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. NHL 15 Xbox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireWallxQc

FireWallxQc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0 / -1
    Im not sure if I want to spend 60$ for the game and for boost... also i dont think i wanna waste my time boosting to legend3

im not sure what to do now... ???

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    only thing I wanna know is if there was minor changes to the feeling of teh game ONLINE. if the servers are average at least (on 14 they were awful.

Call me idiotic all you want, but I don,t know who's the most idiotic. Those who think they can really pass a message by not buying a game that a ton of people will buy anyway? Or those that will buy it, play it and make the best out of a bad situation.

let me know once you found the answer. But I assure you, it's not the first.

• Like Like x 1
    kipper86
  3. NXT

NXT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 4 / -5

It's not NHL 14 servers you don't like... EA's servers suck.

When NHL 15 comes out Rammer isn't going to go in the server control room and turn down the NHL 14 knob to half capacity.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  4. ViperXX79

ViperXX79 Southern Gentleman

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    It's not really about hurting EA's sales numbers. It's about having enough respect for yourself to not waste money on something you already have. I'm not hurting for money but I'll be damned if I'm going to buy a copy and paste game. I value my money more than that. I'd rather have crap servers than paying an annual fee to use the new servers. That's basically what you're doing. I feel like you can find something better to use $60 on than a roster update. Like maybe putting that money towards using a fine airline/cruise ship that can show the world to you. Remember don't just book it, Thomas Cook it.

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  5. Mabus Incarnate

Mabus Incarnate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 7 / -13
    Guys, this has been stated multiple times, and just to clarify one more time, there are not separate servers for every single individual NHL game. NHL 12, NHL 13, NHL 14 and when released, NHL 15 will continue to run on the same servers. The priority depends on the users online, but they don't have a brand new unique set of servers for every new game released. Thats why when you are playing Madden and EA servers are down, and you go to try another game like Tiger Woods or NHL, those servers are down also.

THEY DO NOT MAKE NEW SERVERS FOR NEW GAMES. PERIOD. This is not how technology works.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  6. theFiGS42

theFiGS42 theFiGS42

Ratings:
    +636 / 6 / -11
    No. This happens every year the new game comes out, they're all played on the same servers but priority is the new game and they pay less attention to the old one. Nhl 14 right now is bad, I have a great connection all year but the last 2 weeks have been brutal. But yeah EA servers are trash

thefigs42
  7. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    For F5 Penguin

The camp which supports NHL 15 for league membership retention and growth had the strongest argument. But now those who for various reasons refuse to buy 15 are vindicated.

"But when Domski flip dumped it didn't bounce!" I'd said to myself. $60 to fix the flip dump?

The debate at this point always turns to the servers. One could argue this is the realm where EA must recognize our community's relevance. When could there be more apparent usage of the servers than during LG times? Staying on 14 would push EA to do more to maintain those servers since they would continue to see regular use.

[Morgan Freeman voice]
    And thus the schism was made. And internet hockey clubs across the North American continent found their members divided one against the other. The community would split into various tribes for the remainder of the year Twenty-and-Fourteen and for most of the following year. Where familiar Purples, Reds, Blues, Greens, Yellows and Cyans (although at the time there was no consensus on what to call the Left Defenseman) would sever the seemingly unbreakable bond of their quest for the same Cup. The popular hope was that when NHL 16 came to the players that a kind of Renaissance would bloom, the harvest for which would bring all colors back home to share the same ice. And when that time did come--
    [/Morgan Freeman voice]

This is all the more reason for Tris10 and BMCDONALD19 to honor the results of their forthcoming poll. The short-term danger of the schism is real now and can affect the long-term. The majority must rule.

• Like Like x 4
    brandovedo
  8. Dr Dee

Dr Dee Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DEE#8124
    Ratings:
    +779 / 1 / -10
    Contact your ISP I never have any problems.

• Like Like x 7
    DrDee9
  9. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Its kind of ironic...

People said they would give up all the graphics for EASHL on the new Gen. The 360 shows no graphics improvement and they are still assuming the game is the same? There is no multiplayer examples here to judge how the game play is, and that is what makes or breaks the game. The only thing that pertains ot what we are looking for is what Nuge has brought up about the dump in and that is a 1-0 lead for "change".

LOL 2 the menus being a game breaker :roll: GAWD!

BTW - I've made it clear that I will happily play league on either & what ever the league decides.

• Like Like x 1
  10. slammerama

slammerama Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -4
    For people thinking that the servers will be better on NHL 15, they are using the same server hardware with the same engine in the game. There would be no change to the hardware and scripting used to run the games at all and I doubt they would even replace a bad stick of ram in one of their old servers. Thinking that things would change when they didn't even bother to change some menu contexts in NHL 15 as shown at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn5XHhd9zbc&feature=youtu.be&t=4m27s is very slim. Just see no reason to upgrade which is a huge disappointment. I would have voted for NHL 15 even if there were slight improvements, but how a puck reacts after a dump in is just not enough. Would like to see and hear more gameplay from ppl on the xbox 360 version, so those that are buying no matter what EA does please pass true information to people here so a more concrete decision can be made, not just for league play, but justification to pay for the game on the old generation to a company that appears to not care about a large subset of the sports game community.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  11. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    No way I'm buying that. I'd feel better about buying another full price 14.

The dumpin doesn't look anymore real, it just stopped dead... Sorry but removing physics isn't a fix.

I'm starting to think the only reason for switching is so the elite guys that back out of 200 games in pre-release can smash rookie 2s and 3s for a couple months... No Xmas noobs either.

Popped in NHL13 to see how servers effected me... What I got was a title update, tuner updates, roster update. And no noticeable lag in my big 3v3 otp match.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. theFiGS42

theFiGS42 theFiGS42

Ratings:
    +636 / 6 / -11
    Yes 15 and 14 run on the same server, but there will be no attention payed to the quality of 14. This happens every year, and no I wouldn't want to play a game that lags or is slow just to save 60 dollars. I rather start fresh even if it is basically the same game. If it's split and there's no competition on 15 I'm just gunna play FIFA and other games on the xb1 anyway. Like I said no matter what happens this is a down year for nhl fans, no one is a winner in this situation

thefigs42
  13. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mabus Incarnate

Mabus Incarnate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 7 / -13
    NHL 15 new features - Super bouncy ball puck physics tweaked to flattened lead cannonball physics.

At EA we don't believe in middle ground.

If they added the glow puck i'd buy it day one.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Tyy

Tyy McDonalds Frying Pan

Ratings:
    +1,528 / 6 / -15
    Felt like I'd finally toss my vote in. I speak on behalf of the windsor squad. Based on hearing its the same game as 14, we will only play if it's on 14. Money is not an issue. This decision is strictly based on getting a card. Having xbone games such as diablo, fifa, minecraft, cod and 15, would make it almost never that I turn on the 360. Although I would for club but not on 15.

It's simply not worth the time to me to have the drive to play soo many games of nhl 14.1 just so I can be in the same situation of 6v6 I'm in now.

• Like Like x 3
  16. dom qp

dom qp ?????????? ^_____^

Discord:
    dom#9973
    Ratings:
    +657 / 0 / -0
    NHL15 = Sabbatical

No Streaming Account
  17. Known as Dub

Known as Dub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,641 / 4 / -6
    Get that FIFA league ready @Tris10

Step 1: change the hashtag

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  18. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    I'm still buying 15 no matter what choice we make. lol

• Like Like x 1
    LG_Voracek
  19. Yaaa Booiii

Yaaa Booiii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +554 / 6 / -4
    The fuck the don't make millions off of HUT. And the LG community would make a dent in their profit. Its not just us who are pissed. There is a damn good chunk of the NHL community who are pissed. Just look on here, EA forums, twitter, Facebook. A ton of pre orders were canceled. EA did a less then half ass job on NHL 15. I expect the same shit game for the 360 version tomorrow. This is def up there in one of the worse hockey games I played in a long time. Also keep in mind that a lot of the HUT guys are in LG so if we don't get 15 they will suffer. I find it hilarious people want to urge the league to go to 15. The game is trash.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. lRyan l6l

lRyan l6l Quality Control #9

Ratings:
    +135 / 5 / -6
    I'm still choosing whatever the league goes with. NHL 14 or NHL 15?

SensRyan
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.