Post Bidding Owner Interviews - East

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Im Tom, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    Bidding is finally over and if you're wondering what every owner thinks about how their bidding went I've got you. (these will be done in alphabetical order)

Power Rankings coming soon, stay tuned cuz we've got a lot of content for you guys

:team95: Brooklyn Nets – Owner: @Mixer Roitman :team95:

So, tell me a little bit about your bidding, what you guys were looking for going in and how it worked out

Bidding was one for the money. Literally. Going into it, we had the perspective of keeping things simple and going with the flow. We got off to a rough start and played the outbid game day one of bidding rather than sitting on players we wanted. It allowed for the main players we were going for to be out of question really within the first day of bidding. However, Venom and I sat down and recovered wonderfully. I am very pleased with the team we came out with and excited for the opportunity we have this upcoming season.

I’d like to also add based on my first ever season as a manager I’m very pleased with how quickly Venom and I learned and adapted to how the LG system works

So, you know everyone that you drafted? And did anyone in specific get away?

Based on the team we have drafted, I’m confident in our ability. I’m confident in the ability for our team to perform night in and night out no matter who we put out there. I think there’s no question that there were some players that our organization had our eyes on but we are focused on the boys we have on the roster going forward and wish those other individuals the best of luck this upcoming season with their respective teams

So overall what would you say is the Nets biggest strength?

The biggest strength we have I would say is the ability for our unit to be as aggressive as we want it to be. I like how we have both a mixture of some veterans in the league like @Beta Evolution who I feel can be a great role player both on and off the court. I find it great to know will have him mixed in with the newer men. Having players that have been around and having that veteran presence is vital I think for the success of a team

So how confident are you that the team you have right now can compete and win this season?

The way I view it is I am focused on the near future. It’s a long season. Things happen. I am confident in my team. I am confident that we can win games. It’s a long season and there are some great teams out there that I look forward to competing against. The goal going in for every team is to win a championship and I would want nothing more than to win the Championship this season. Venom and I are confident in the team we have put out.

So, without revealing too much, who are the big guys on your team you think will thrive this season? And give me a quick sentence about them

First, I’m excited to see what @NikeOnFire can do this season. Nike is a leader and Co-Captain of the OnFire organization and killer center on the court.

Beta Evolution is excited about the new opportunity with a different organization and ready to make a name for himself against all odds and I can see his hunger to get started.

@VenomOnFire is making his return to the league as my GM and I am excited and confident in his stellar playmaking ability to set up the team on the court.

so out of everyone on your team who’s your best contract in your opinion, who's your steal of the draft?

I like to think I got two steals in this draft. Both of them being for 500K. Early on in scouting I got to run some games with @Daversa19 . He mentioned to me that he’s newer to 2K games but his game and ability impressed me greatly. I also think @Mike Is A Goat was a killer steal for us at a price of 500K. I look forward to his presence on the court this season

Alright last question, give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the Nets finishing at the end of the season

The Nets are gonna go in and put in 110 percent every game. I look forward to competing for the top of the Eastern Conference. I predict a Top 3 finish in the East.

:team81: Chicago Bulls – Owner: @SuBpeRBzSkiLLz :team81:

Alright so first off how do you guys feel about your bidding, it looks like you took the approach to try and steal some guys at the end of the draft, how did that work out for you?

Well, that wasn't our initial plan, but it wound up working out like that. We weren't able to get any of the big-name players left at the end because of a few mistakes we made, but we were able to pick up solid rotation pieces there at the end with @ShawtyIsNumba1 , @Dushi , and @CookEmUp Dimez . We will have to figure out who fits best into a top line, but we have the depth to put up a lot of wins.

who were some of the guys that you tried to go after that got away?

We wanted Gill, but schizo had a bit more cap left than we did. Also went for Nike, but ran outta cap on him too. We were also in on flacco but he went past the price we had allotted for him

So, you know everyone that you signed? And did you get everyone that you were going after?

We know all of our forwards/centers. Our guards, not as much. We will have to get used to playing with them. All of our guards have played in LG before though, so I'm not too worried about finding a role for all of them. Like I said for the previous question, we missed on a few big targets. I'm sure a lot of people expected us to get Evolution, but we decided not to. There were some other guards that we didn't wind up getting, but I think that happened to a lot of people, as guards were extremely expensive during bidding this season

So, with this lineup, how confident are you that your guys can compete and win in the league this year?

It's tough to tell, since we have a lot of pieces to put in place yet. I have no doubt that we will be in the playoffs at the end of the season. We will see how well we fit together first before I say that we have a good chance to win it all

So, without revealing too much, who are the big guys on your team you think will thrive this season? And give me a quick sentence about them

Starting with the obvious, @Beta Dreams will score and get plenty of assists, cause that's what he does. I'll play solid defense and get steals. I expect Shawty to be a solid scorer as well. That's about it for our obvious contributors, at least to teams looking in. @PeculiarMaple29 is new to LG and didn't decide to play this season until right before the start of it, but he is already one of the best centers in the league, and he will be a force inside all season. Dushi was on the Knicks last season, and he will be a solid defender for us. Expect one of @JarringHarpy55 and CookEmUp Dimez to emerge as a solid PG option for us as well

so out of everyone on your team who’s your best contract in your opinion, who's your steal of the draft?

PeculiarMaple29. If he had played LG before, he woulda been up there in price with the other high-priced centers, but he slipped through since it's his first season. @Serpe x 13 has potential to also be a steal

give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the Bulls finishing at the end of the season

Top 3 in the east. We have the depth that we can bully the lower tier teams even without our best players, and I think we are strong enough at the top to compete with the top tier 1st lines. I'll give us a 2nd place regular season east finish, but depending on the matchup, we might not get out of the 1st round

:team93: Milwaukee Bucks – Owner: @Texans80mvp :team93:

Tell me a little bit about the Bucks bidding, it seems like you guys really locked in on those key role positions, tell me a little bit about how bidding went for you guys
    Our strategy was definitely to lock down the PG and C positions, with the new rule change on position groups we thought it made sense to load up on those so we always have someone available who’s main player is one of those positions. I've always been a fan of small ball so I'm not overly worried about our lack of forwards. Overall bidding went about as expected, hit most of my targets, was in on a few of the established guys but dipped out when the prices went too high.

Very much a ride and was fun to watch lol. 4 of the guys we won in bidding were guys I recruited in and have been playing with for the past like 10 2ks, they are @MEATBALLassasin , @chipkin12 , shock, and eastcoastgoat. The other 4 were a bit of wildcard bids who we didn't know too well, @Big Pete x 2 and @Daffadome I knew played in the past and would be reliable veterans. @TruIceman21 and @YungTickle were my shot in the dark wildcards who are new to the league. They both have meta builds so I'm very happy with those pickups. We didn't have much time for scouting so weren't able to build much of a draft board. For guys that got away we mostly wanted to play the role of bidding people up so we were in on Flems, Beta Evolution, and Beardo but they were also just in the group on reliable vets who we didn't really know too well.

So how confident are you that the team you have right now can compete and win this season?
    I’m pretty confident, our team chemistry should be higher than most off the bat. But for most of our team it’s their first competitive league. I’d pin us as a top half of the league team

I'd say the 2 most important guys are @Xxshock242xX and @EastxCoastxGoat . Shock is a PG he plays with a high basketball IQ and always carries a high AST/TO ratio. East Coast Goat, he’s a SG/SF, is our defensive anchor and sharpshooter, he's constantly hitting clutch shots.

EastxCoastxGoat for sure, he's the one who will be receiving the 2-season contract as he won't be perceived as a 1 mil contract player after the season

give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the Bucks finishing at the end of the season

I think the East is going to be a grind so I'll put us 3rd in the East

:team97: New York Knicks – Owner: @STG BEAST :team97:

So, you focused your bidding around Vik and Craw as your two big names but the rest of your team is all 500k bids, right?

Yes, my strategy going into bidding was get guys I know I can win with, so I got a bunch of guys who fit in a system together and then after I got the surrounding cast I went after some bigger names

So, did you know all of the guys that you bid on beyond those big 2?

Yeah, they’re all guys I found through scouting and recruiting to the league and honestly, I was quite surprised that I got them all for only 500k. There were guys like @AMAURY401 and @LPESAO that are great players to have defensively and offensively on a team that people really missed in scouting

So, did you get everyone that you were going after or did anyone get away?

I won every bid that I placed but there are always other players you wish you could add to your team that are great but I know it just wouldn’t work with the cap space so I had to choose good players to surround myself with a high IQ

So overall what would you say is the Knicks biggest strength?

I think the biggest strength for us this season is our chemistry the guys already have with one another, just from how active the guys are always wanting to get games in together.

so overall how confident are you with your roster, do you think you guys will compete with the top teams this year?

I am very confident with the guys we have right now and definitely believe if we play to our potential, we have a chance to be a top team this season

Like I said amaury is a guy to watch. He is a lights out sharpshooter that knows how to play defense. And you can’t forget about @Viktomize he is always a tough cover in any matchup.

So vik is one of your big-name players but who’s your best contract in your opinion, your steal of the draft?

Honestly, I think the biggest steal in bidding @pmh50xx he is a fantastic player with comp level IQ. I’ve played with him for years and we have natural chemistry together and I feel that it will really make a big difference in close games this season.

So, give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, in that tough eastern conference, where do you see the Knicks finishing at the end of the season

If we play to our potential with all the great talent on this team, I can see us finishing at least top 3 in the east

:team98: Orlando Magic – Owner: @Visionz813 :team98:

So, tell me a little bit about your bidding, what you guys were looking for going in and how it worked out
    Well I wanted to get my lines as balanced as I could. We were looking for guys with experience. I feel like we accomplished that. I got just about everyone we wanted and when I didn’t, I looked for guys that maybe don't cap in the discord as much but can play. We are very happy with what we have.

Nono don't know everyone. I'm new so I added @Kryss85 to management for a vet presence Soni had a better idea of what was what. We were in on vik until 7mil. Then we were in on Nike until he shot up to about 4.

So overall what would you say is the Magic's biggest strength?
    Perimeter shooting
    I think we have the most slept on shooters in the league

Very, this isn’t one guy surrounded by 500k players.

Kryss, he has a vast array of post moves and knows how to get open down low. idrop is one of the better points I have played with this year and passes first but can still shoot. Flems, he is a floor general and by all accounts steered a sinking ship into almost making the playoffs last season.

@oCSUo iDr0p - $1million, PG

Alright last question, give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the Magic finishing at the end of the season

I see us in the second round of the playoffs, 3 seed going in

:team99: Philadelphia 76ers – Owner: @ThankYouHinkie :team99:

so, it seems like you guys ended up sticking with the same type of strategy from last season, in bidding tell be about what you guys tried to go for in bidding
    We went into it with a specific group of guys that we wanted. We made some adjustments in our lineup from last year that we know will benefit us, so we are excited with what we have to work with

So, you knew everyone that you drafted then? And did you get everyone that you were going after?
    Yes, we are a group of friends. We were awarded everyone we wanted on our roster.

So overall what would you say is the 76ers biggest strength?
    I believe our best strength is our versatility. With some adjustments we made from last year, I like the outlook of our lineup better. We have more options this season, and guys in roles that are better suited for them.

So how confident are you that your guys can compete and win in the league this year compared to last?
    I really like our chances to be much more competitive. We have a good game plan going in to this season, and we have guys that have found our roles with some new additions that I am excited about.

Overall, I feel really good about the state of the Sixers for the upcoming season

I won’t include myself in this, as owner I prefer to talk about my players that I drafted.
    I would be wrong in not saying that I am excited about EVERY player I have on my roster, because in reality WE can’t accomplish what we want to without all 10 guys buying in.
    With that being said, if I had to pick a handful of guys they are:

@xxMazza5xx - New addition to the team, who really understands what we are trying to do on the floor and also brings a high basketball IQ to the table.

@JCRUU28 - New role for him this season that fits him perfect. He will certainly be a x-factor in this team’s performance this season.

@JMizz9 - Arguably one of our most important players. He has the capability of taking this team to a new level when he is on his game. I’m excited on what the season holds for him.

@Milonee88 - Was our top Center last season, and really has continued to play well in 2k20. I am optimistic that he will continue to get better, and will be very impactful on both ends of the floor.

But getting @pr0fit3 for the minimum is a huge steal. For a stretch last season, he was top 3 in the league in scoring. He is a very good player, who brings a lot to the table on both ends.

Getting him for the minimum is a big steal for this team.

give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the 76ers finishing at the end of the season
    I see us as a contender in the Eastern Conference. If we get clicking on all cylinders look out. We have a very dynamic group who is comfortable playing with all 10 guys on the roster. There isn’t a doubt in my mind that when this team plays our game, that we can hang with and beat anyone.

:team105: Toronto Raptors – Owner: @Coach Denham :team105:

The goal for us going into bidding was to take the best parts of our successful team last season and turn it into something great. Going for @Easy Macaroni and @Witman x 19 was our first priority and we had some sleepers stashed away to fill the holes in the lineup. I had a few guys I knew I was going to get for the minimum so I saved some spots to increase the bid on other guys who maybe would've gone under the radar. The plan worked out very well for us, unfortunately there were a few casualties along the way.

A majority of our team have been playing together for the better part of the last year and compete at high levels in Pro-Am so I'd say I know them pretty well. The 2 guys I really wish I could have had were @l Craw Daddy l and Big Dick Rickoshay, but going into bidding as the biggest targets and most respected management duo, I knew there was going to be trouble picking up all my guys.

So overall what would you say is the Raptors biggest strength?
    Our biggest strength by far is our versatility throughout the lineup. Made it our goal to have guys with multiple builds who can fill different roles when necessary. Gives us the flexibility to run different lineups depending on strengths/weaknesses of other teams

There's no doubt our team will compete

@ova experienced was a great centre in Phoenix last year we think he could have a really strong season

@lts Froggy is a steal and a half; PF’s were expensive and hard to find in bidding and we think he could be a huge find

I could go on and on about all of the guys that could pop off this year @Dylaaaaaaaannnn , Greenie, @oO Kraziix Oo , and @JohnnyFour3 . And you can’t forget about our big guys Mac and Witman

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by what @ThatGreenieKid can do.

Alright last question, give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the Raptors finishing at the end of the season?
    #1. With our depth and surplus of talent and IQ; I don't see us losing to any team in a best of 5 series. Engrave the Larry OB, it's coming home.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  2. Easy Macaroni

Easy Macaroni Alex

Discord:
    easymacaroni#0
    Ratings:
    +616 / 12 / -8
    Great writeup and content. Amazing how many teams are top 3 in the east.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    EasyMacaroni