Post Bidding Owner Interviews - West

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Im Tom, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    Bidding is finally over and if you're wondering what every owner thinks about how their bidding went I've got you. (these will be done in alphabetical order)

Power Rankings coming soon, stay tuned cuz we've got a lot of content for you guys

:team84: Denver Nuggets – Owner: @Schizostone :team84:

So, tell me a little bit about your bidding, what you guys were looking for going in and how it worked out

When we went into bidding, we had a well-defined list of guys we wanted to get that we knew would go for cheap. We'd been privately scouting for a few weeks and tried to find guys who would fit our offense and be able to plug and play into a larger role in case of an emergency. We accomplished that I believe. We did miss out on our big fish in easy mac but we set a soft cap for him at 6 and had to make a tough decision. I think we recouped fairly well getting Sosa and gill instead who will anchor a unit and be able to match up with anyone in the league.

So, you know everyone that you drafted? And did anyone in specific get away?

Mac was the only player we placed a bid on that we didn’t win.

Everyone we drafted I have played with and known for awhile outside of @SosaOnFire and @Gill x 23 and @Jordan 704 . Jordan was actually our gem IMO since he is brand new to the league and not someone we knew previously. He randomly joined our scouting lobby and was actually pretty discouraged about the league after running some scouting with others. He ran with us for a few nights and we made the decision that he was a guy we needed it have. Some of those scouting games were EXTREMELY painful, but if you can find 1 guy that you can get for cheap, they end up being worth it. I'm happy we changed his mind about sticking around in the league.

So overall what would you say is the Nuggets biggest strength?

Gotta be our point guards. It's no secret that I personally believe @OG GrandPoppa in the best pg in the league. He can run any offense efficiently, doesn't need to be hidden on defense and just a great locker room guy. That maybe a little bias but regardless there's no way he’s less than a top 5. I think the consensus is that Sosa is also right there on the cusp of the top 5/10 PGs in the league. Having 2 PG who know how to run an offense and can take over games on their own is huge IMO because without a PG on a line that can play, you're not going to win many games.

so out of everyone on your team who’s your best contract in your opinion, who's your steal of the draft?

That's a tough question. We have a lot of guys I think are worth more than we paid. If Sosa is as good as I've heard he is that's huge but idk if you can call 4.25 mil a steal. Maybe @CornwaIIace , he’s a knockdown shooter and after seeing what comparable like witt, vik and flems went for getting him at 500k is huge. I also really like the Jordan pickup like I mentioned earlier. He's a walking double double who can get 20/20 nightly and to get that for 500k its huge. A side note is that I can't believe we got @ll Bandana ll for 1 mill.... he was 2nd team all NBA last season I figured for sure he'd go for 2mil +. Again, idk if I call anyone over 500k a "steal" but I was extremely happy he went for what he did.

Alright last question, give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the Denver finishing at the end of the season

I think right now with looking at our conference we should be in the 1 or 2 seed. I don't see anyone currently who is as deep as us IMO but there are a few other 1st units in the west who can actually ball and win some games and I'm sure we will have a little bit of a target on our back so I'm sure we will see a few of them, at least early on. Its actually kind of funny in the offseason there was a lot of talk about how much stronger the east was then the west and honestly, I think the west overall had a better bidding than the east.

:team87: Huston Rockets – Owner: @MINICHUD MASON :team87:

So, tell me a little bit about your bidding, what you guys were looking for going in and how it worked out

Well I had some guys/girl that I wanted going into it. I was able to get both @Sam F N STACKS who in his own ability can be the power house for a team for the cheap price of 5 mil and then I got @lx drewx xl for 500k which is I feel will be seen as one of biggest steals of the bidding. I sadly missed on a good handful of people I wanted like JarringHarpy55, EverythingNike, and the Lady baller herself Shawtyisnumber1 due to another owner (who shall remain unnamed) hyping them up to other teams. All an all though I should have an issue working with what I got.

So, you know everyone that you drafted? or did you go off the board

I did have to go off my draft board a little, but bringing in New faces normally works out. As a whole I have about 4 faces that have never been in my locker room

So overall what would you say is the Rockets biggest strength?

Being able to pair @D Andoo99 and Sam in the back court for the second time of their LG careers is huge for us, just for the fact that they're in my eyes two of the top 10 players in this league if not top 5 then if you put in the thought of we also have Drew at the 3 or 4 whatever he ends up this year who can give us something from everywhere on the court. Then to top is off I'll be down low patrolling the paint.

Overall the 3 headed Dragon in D andoo, Sam, and Drew are gonna make some noise this season.

So, without revealing too much, who are the big guys on your team you think will thrive this season? And give me a quick sentence about them obviously you mentioned the obvious guys already but feel free to go deeper if you'd like

For some of the role players we did get @CKxWhalefan26 , @Txpsy v2 , and ended up bring @II HyDr0 ll back this season. as long as they play to their build, I can see them playing a deep part for us down the line

So how confident are you that the team you have right now can compete and win this season?

Given the chemistry most of have already and what we've put together down here I see a playoff run in our near future.

so out of everyone on your team who’s your best contract in your opinion, who's your steal of the draft?

Sam, who should have been closer to 7mil vs 5mil also agreed to the muti-season deal

Alright last question, give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the (team) finishing at the end of the season

Given that most of the Western conference are rookies or players yet to prove themselves. I think see us 1st or 2nd seed on our side of the league depending of how that OKC squad can mesh together.

:team90: Los Angeles Lakers – Owner: @KhoreyHouks :team90:

well Me and both my GMs are good friends and we play together everyday and we have a solid group we have been playing 2k with for about a year, so I knew going into bidding my main priority would be a good pg and a good center as long as I could get the people I know for cheaper and save some money for late sign ups. Worked out really well as we ended up getting everyone, we wanted for pretty cheap which left me with some money to spend on @Beardo526 , who I haven’t played with myself but I have played against him and needed a dominant center. @RiCo505 I played with in 2k19 and he had a little rift with our owner last season so we couldn't get him, but I know he’s a stud and I’m excited to see how we do.

So, you know everyone you drafted then? And did anyone get away from you guys?

yeah except beardo and @B Got 10s , and @Jfreshco . and yeah, I wanted to get easy macaroni because I know he’s very good and also a very smart player/manager. but nobody else I really had on my radar that we didn’t get

So, what would you say is the Lakers biggest strength right now?

probably chemistry, we have a full line who have been playing together for a long time now

So how confident are you that the team you have right now will compete this season

I don’t think any team that is successful can have the same team from start to finish but I just hope to find a good core. some people just don’t work well together

So, without revealing too much, who are the big guys on your team you think will thrive this season? And give me a quick sentence about them

@MMowgli -gonna play the 2, 99 offensive threat, great shooter and can ball handle as well as a point guard.

@USF KENAN - solid point guard, keeps turnovers low and assists high, I expect him to be one of the better facilitators this season.

Out of everyone on your team, who’s your best contract? Who’s your steal of the draft?

@YAS1K , 500k, 99 glass lock superstar 1 so you know he loves the game. expect him to be a solid piece of the team this season.

Alright last question, give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the Lakers finishing at the end of the season

I think we are in the weaker division so I can definitely see us headed to the playoffs.

:team94: Minnesota T'Wolves – Owner: @HBB Rise :team94:

tell me a little bit about the T'Wolves bidding strategy, what were you guys looking for and did bidding go the way that you originally planned?

Our bidding strategy was pretty simple. Grab the guys we absolutely wanted first, given a certain amount of cap, while also bidding up players we didn’t want certain teams to go for cheap.

After we got the players we needed, we went for players we thought could fill the holes and be more than adequate role-players in the line ups, and hopefully contribute heavily to wins this season.

So, did you get everyone that you were going after then? Anybody get away?

Yea I had a few people get away. But they got away on terrible contracts that definitely hindered the team they went to. But for the most part, I got everyone I originally wanted for cheap.

So how confident are you that the team you have right now can compete and win this season?

I’m very confident. We have a fantastic first and second line. Unlike what I feel most teams did, I tried to make it so my second line would be nearly as good as my first to guarantee our chances of success this season.

So, without revealing too much, who are the big guys on your team you think will thrive this season? And give me a quick sentence about them

I think @HBB BodyBag & @HBB TONE are going to surprise a lot of people big time, as well as @CubsCrusher14 . The way they are perceived aren't how they are going to play.

S,o out of everyone on your team who’s your best contract in your opinion, who's your steal of the draft?

easily Bodybag and @A Sniper13 . Top 3 Pg for 2.25 and locked him for 2 seasons. Sniper for 1 mil when he was top 20 in scoring last season despite not having a competent pg is golden, especially with how he plays defense.

Give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the T'Wolves finishing at the end of the season?

I don't see anyway where we aren't a top 3 West team. The west is weak and if we don’t go far, I'll see it as a failure

:team373: Oklahoma City Thunder – Owner: @Two Lag Shots :team373:

Before bidding started, we made a list of who we wanted to get. We had a lot of guys in the "would help" and "should get" sections. There were 2 guys we had as "must have" guys. They were @xRICKOSHAY and @Raynor . We were trying to get both of them but once Rick hit 5 million, we couldn't afford both anymore. I noticed that @I Murked I and @Dangs92 were in bidding and knew they had chemistry so we think they are a steal for a combine 1.5 million. After that we filled out the rest of our roster with pieces that will hopefully work well together.

I don't know everyone I drafted. I have played with or against most of them but there are a few I haven't. I haven't played with @IxGOTxDAxSAUCE but he has management experience and has a good track record in the league so I think for 500k he was a steal. I haven't played with or played against @Ricky is MVP but I asked around and was told he's a pretty good player. We really wanted @HoodieMerc but the last bid the Nets put on him put him out of our reach. We also wanted xRICKOSHAY but that wasn't possible once he reached 5 million.

So overall what would you say is the Thunders biggest strength?

I think our team’s biggest strength is our depth and our playoff experience. We have Raynor who is a back to back champion and Dangs92 and l Murked l who won the championship last season. I think this experience will help towards the end of the season when we are making a playoff push. Our depth is going to help a lot because we should have 2 solid lines that will hopefully be able to compete with any line in the league. This will also be important come playoff time and we need to depend on multiple lines.

Obviously, the players we spent a lot of cap on we expect to perform but I think what is going to make us a playoff team is the players we got for smaller contracts. One player we have that we think has a high ceiling is @JEFFERS426 . He is a Glass Lock PF that knows the game and knows how to spread the floor and play defense. l Murked l is a point guard who helped his team win the championship last season so we also expect big things from him. A strong presence at point guard is important for a team that wants to compete.

IxGOTxDAxSAUCE in my opinion is our best contract at 500k. He is a former Season 19 All-LGBA 1st Team player who has 2 years management experience. Last season he averaged 11.5, 6.4, and 4.7 shooting over 50% and in Season 19 he averaged 16.9, 15.9, around 4 steals making him a top 25 scorer and the 3rd leading rebounder.

Alright last question, give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the Thunder finishing at the end of the season

Realistically I think we will finish 3rd in the regular season with a first-round win. After that I am not sure but I'm confident we have a roster that can compete for a championship.

:team101: Portland Trail Blazers - Owner: @WiliestJester56 :team101:

So, you managed to get you entire roster for 500k bids, right?

Yeah wasn’t looking for any big names, just guys me and prime been playing with for awhile

So, you know everyone that you drafted? And did you get everyone that you were going after?

@Pr1me Dime knows most of them, but yeah, I had some of my buddy’s sign up

Most of everyone missed two guys but only because of roster size

So how confident are you that your guys can compete and win in the league?

I can see a lot of people counting us out already because of the no names we have but, in all honesty, I think we can be up there with the best of them cause the chemistry and knowing each others style of play can go a long way

So, without revealing too much, who are the big guys on your team you think will thrive in the league? And give me a quick sentence about them

@MegaWalrus23 is a looking good he has great thumbs and he can rebound and defend the paint with the best of them

I think @xI Nightwing Ix can have a breakout season if he gets his shot going, he can be dangerous from deep

Who’s your best contract in your opinion, your steal of the draft?

Probably our 2-season contract @HMFWK

And also, give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the trailblazers finishing at the end of the season?

I think we’re a top 3 team in the west but only time will tell

:team102: Sacramento Kings – Owner: @LockDownJesus :team102:

Started by getting the Marquette boys who no one would no. @GodGunn , @MH Brazy , @JBizzleDaKing

Then I heard @l KaV l was similar to beardo and with beardo going for 4.5 mil. Kav at 750k seemed like a steal

Then we went full out for a scorer and experience with @TNTxFlacco and @EveryThingNike1 - hopefully giving us one of the best SG/SF duos in league.

Then last pick was to add a 2nd PG

We were looking to draft gill and Sosa. Gil, I decided to add Nike over in the end

And Sosa we had money invested in the time in gill and flacco and couldn't re bid at time

So overall what would you say is the Kings biggest strength?

SG and SF depth.

So, how confident are you that the team you have right now can compete and win this season?

Looking at other teams and playing against some. I see Raptors, Nets, Rockets, Nuggets and us.... then a heavy drop off. We should come in and my no name guys will surprise right away like they did in NCAA

Jbizzledaking will lead league in assists, great passer and unselfish ball handler - hard to find someone willing to get 15-18 assists and take 5-7 shots

Brazy - solid player - great team work and unselfish. Plays the corner better than most in 2k

Flacco - ATM - nuff said

Godgunn - he won’t be a minimum bid after this year

Nike - heard he can be our Melo

Jbizzledaking for value 500k for elite pg.

last question, give me a quick prediction, with the guys that you have, where do you see the Kings finishing at the end of the season

Playoffs then anything goes, Top 3 in west

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account