Post Bidding Power Rankings (Western Conference)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Savage Ns, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Abeyant4005

Abeyant4005 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -7
    Well this is my 1st attempt at anything power rankings related. Hope your guys enjoy it! If not, then too bad, you can go spend 3 or 4 hours and write your own power rankings.

Grand Rapids Griffins:
    Offense: A
    Defense: B+
    Goaltending: B+
    Overall: The @Gucci Goals - @oNo RuThLesS - @The Broche line is back and hasn’t lost their step. One of the top performing lines from last season, and backed up by other solid forwards such as @The Red Serpent there is no question that this offense will be producing goals.

Since they somehow spent so little on their offense, GRG was able to go big on their defense and has a solid core, starring @w3stw00d who was a great NHL performer in the past.

@Crewality proved himself for GRG last season and has returned to backstop them again this season. If he plays the way he did last season they should have no problem winning games

Playoffs: Yes (Win Conference)

Iowa Wild:
    Offense: A-
    Defense: B
    Goaltending: A-
    Overall: @ShortyxLOSE on a 500k contract is just disgusting. He will bring many wins to this team for virtually no cost. Along with him are vets @PENSxCrosbyx87 and @Some fat gezer. Offense won’t be an issue for these guys.

On defense Iowa has solid guys like @Pandoras Savior and @Banak. None of their Dmen seem especially weak so it’ll take time to see who pans out and who doesn’t.

I played against @HAWK xDR0PSH0Tx in the playoffs last season. My line was able to beat him in a close game, but he shut down our other two lines only letting up 4 goals in the 4 games he played vs us. He is a great tendy and will backstop this team all the way to the playoffs.

Playoffs: Yes

Lake Erie Monsters:
    Offense: B
    Defense: C
    Goaltending: C+
    Overall: I played with @cursedcubbies08 last season. If he can stay consistent this season he will be a good 1m addition. @BullBreed333 has had success in the AHL as well and will look to continue that here with Lake Erie. I believe @Achilles Strife and @BROWNMANCAN have NHL experience and massive contracts to go with that. They need to bring home lots of wins and earn that money for this team to make the playoffs.

The backline boasts @KEMPER8 who played well for GRG last season and got 2 wins vs the Calder Cup champs Stockton in the playoffs. Aside from him, I don’t recognize anyone or see anything super special about this D core.

The starting goalie position may be up in the air between @oldJAPANties and @SeaWatIDidThere. Japan has the experience in the AHL, but hasn’t had any amazing seasons. Whoever plays better in the first week or two may see a bigger workload or it may just be split for the whole season.

Playoffs: No

Rockford IceHogs:
    Offense:
    B-
    Defense: B
    Goaltending: C-
    Overall: @Doc Status and @zXSAKICx19Xz will be the main offensive threats in Rockford. The rest of the forwards seem about average with not too much standing out.

The defense here looks pretty solid, lead by @macgyver1979 and @xxenu who have both had their fair share of time in the NHL. They should give top lines some trouble and help the Hogs get some key wins this season.

Both goalies here are completely unknown. Rockford took a gamble and took two goalies with no AHL experience. Only time will tell if the management was genius here or made a huge mistake.

Playoffs: Bubble Team.

Chicago Wolves:
    Offense:
    C+
    Defense: B-
    Goaltending: B
    Overall: @ele905 will be looked at to produce a lot for this team with his 5m contract, which is overpricing him a bit imo. There is no clear top line on this team, it seems more like a team of 2nd liners. It should be enough to give them a shot at playoffs, but they won’t win the cup without an offensive upgrade.

Backing them up is a decent group of D. @bruno caboclo will need to be shutdown @MAGNABALL will need to be pretty shutdown to allow the offense to stay in the games. If the Wolves D can’t keep these games low scoring, they may have some trouble winning.

The wolves have a good backup goalie in @Demented Christ and a proven starter with @Go Heels 2. Like with the defense, they will need to play well in order to keep the offense in the game.

Playoffs: Bubble Team

Manitoba Moose:
    Offense:
    B-
    Defense: C
    Goaltending: D+
    Overall: Up front the Moose have @Bunz McToot III who has had good success in the AHL and NHL recently. He will be supported by @Averageboy and @Kryss85, but altogether it’s an average offensive squad.

The Moose are betting on the success of @C0FFEE T1ME to boost their defense. He posted an 18-3 record in the CHL and will have to translate that to the AHL to carry his team’s defense.

The goaltending for this squad is what I think will be its downfall. @Symtex posted an 0-4-1 record in the AHL last season and had average number in the CHL. @FP l Crespo 9 will be the starter and needs to play great for this team to make the post-season.

Charlotte Checkers:
    Offense:
    C
    Defense: C+
    Goaltending: C+
    Overall: Charlotte has a 500k army of forwards, with only 2 of the 9 costing more than 750k. Most of them are coming from the CHL with little experience in the AHL. @Phenomm is one of the guys who will have to carry a heavy load for this offense if they want to avoid an early golf season.

Like with the forwards, the defense seems fairly inexperienced. @Groo 93 had average numbers in the NHL and will hopefully translate to a solid 1st line AHL dman for this team. @CM xBlackmagic better make that contract worth it for Charlotte or this may be a team @MadeOfTwoFaces looks forward to playing.

As for the goalies, @Tatar l21l got the AHL community going when he gave @Coach Crass a run for his money in the playoffs last season, of course, until he folded and let in 11 goals in 2 games. On the other hand, @TEmery1 was a bright spot on a shitty S22 Toronto Marlies posting a 8-6-2 record. If this team plays better than his last, he may be able to steal the starting position.

Milwuakee Admirals:
    Offense:
    B+
    Defense: C+
    Overall: With the potential for an actual first line this season, Milwaukee looks to have a good forward group. @hicksy999 will likely take on a lot of the top team, thus allowing @MadeOfTwoFaces to scrub hunt to his heart’s desire.

The defense will be run by @ButtaBorborygmi who has lots of NHL experience he is bringing down to the AHL for the season. @eMLBCommish was a nice 500k addition, however aside from those two I can’t say how well this defense will perform.

Backstopping the net will be @Borcobaby who posted a great 80.9 save % in the CHL, but didn’t look too hot in his first two AHL games this season. If he can fix his game he should steal some wins for this team.

Ontario Reign:
    Offense:
    B+
    Defense: A-
    Overall: @iTransitions has put another solid team together in Ontario. @PhillyJames11, @HEROxIDENTITY and @xWadden32x all return to the team in hopes to make another run at the cup after a successful previous season.

@JFLuyken is transitioning (ha) from G to D and will most likely be a cone for forwards to deke around (<3). Also on D are @PolarPandaFTW, who had NHL success for multiple seasons, and @stelene 7. If he is as good on D as he is at FWD then this should shape up to be one of the better defensive teams in the league.

In net is @PSYCHIC TACO 24 who posted an impressive 85.7 save % in the CHL. I only give goaltending a B because @IGarbsI will have to greatly improve on his last season or they will be losing a few games a week to their backup.

Playoffs: Yes (Win Division)

Bakersfield Condors:
    Offense:
    B
    Goaltending: C
    Overall: This team spent a large amount of it’s cap on a rather unexperienced defense. @M4TTH35 and @Jrod Is Awesome may very well be worth the contracts they got, but some of the other contracts are questionable, such as the 1.5m on @Th3 Will 2 Kill who posted a 1-7 record and -21 on the wold pack last season.

@BouRn3Leg3nD27 and @Daggermouth6911 will need to do some work up front to get their team key wins. @Linux0s hasn’t really played in the AHL, but played NHL last season and will have to use that experience to get some key wins for the Condors.

Both the 500k goalies are questionable. @o Grayzer o had a rough last season with the wolf pack posting a 65.1 save % and needs to prove he is better than that this season if his team wants to come close to making the playoffs. If @Hoeyy HD can translate his good stats from the CHL to the AHL, he may claim the starting role in net and push his team into the playoffs, but only time will tell.

San Antonio Rampage:
    Offense:
    C+
    Overall: San Antonio is a little weak up front. They will rely on @CSilveri and @TwistedDreams27 to do a lot of the scoring. Lots of the forwards are fresh out of the CHL and this offense will be reliant on them producing at this level.

A lot of money was dumped into @burnhard88 who posted a -32 in the NHL last season. Questionable decision there that may hurt them down the road. @IXI GIBS0N IXI will need to be solid to help out his goalies. This team will have to win games via defense rather than offense.

I’ve played with @IHIAVOX recently and he will be a solid goalie for the Rampage. He will fight for the starting spot with @Uchman86 who put up decent numbers in the CHL.

San Jose Barracuda:
    Offense:
    A-
    Defense: B+
    Goaltending: C-
    Overall: San Jose has a very good offense led by @BoltsnRays1109 and @Attree x I33I who both have been successful at the NHL level. @Shtz2ez also has the ability to be a top scorer in the AHL which should give them at least 2 threatening offensive lines.

On defense, the Barracuda have @GoLeafsGo1969, who helped Syracuse to the playoffs last season. Almost all of their D has played AHL and know what they need to succeed.

In net is where they are a bit weak. AGM @CKxWhalefan26 is yet to have an outstanding season in net in the AHL or CHL. His backup @EvilGenius l35l has posted similar numbers, so one of the two will need to step up to get the W’s.

Texas Stars:
    Offense:
    B+
    Overall: Texas has a decent, NHL experienced forward group led by GM @At43 and AGM @honesrule. @Kurysu will need to produce to give Texas the depth scoring it will need to get deep into the playoffs.

Texas took risks on D with @DUTCHLOVER44 and @EG Soul Reaver, both of whom have very little AHL experience. @VK LethaLMyke will need to step up and play a big role on D this season.

In net is @IXI Ein IXI who has been consistent tendy in the AHL for a few seasons now. @Marshosaurus and he will have to fight for the starter position, but both are good options for the spot.

San Diego Gulls:
    Offense:
    B+
    Defense: A-
    Goaltending: C
    Overall: @PitxMalkin x71x please don’t ruin my scoring records in San Diego :( Malkin will likely lead the team with goals and will be a major threat to any line he faces. @l Horvat l will look to take his CHL success and apply it to the AHL this season. @Hillhouse l13l and @X Brandon VI will need to give the Gulls some depth production to keep them in the playoff race.

GM @heD HonChO and @Watergun13 are two very solid Dmen for the Gulls this season. Along with @PMcWaters they are rocking one of the best defensive cores in the AHL this season.

I think the Gulls will really struggle with goaltending this season. @TMayeux16 is an unproven goalie in the AHL and I don’t think @nicholas08chick is ready to fill that starting role.

Stockton Heat:
    Offense:
    B
    Defense: A
    Goaltending: A
    Overall: Stockton didn’t have too much success from their offense last season, their success came from their defensive play. @Coach Crass is returning as GM to make an attempt at back to back Calder Cups. He got a nice pickup in @x Neal x 18 x who will give them a great offensive boost this season.

On D they have @HipNotiiC x and @Lost and Hungry returning with some new pickups like my former teammate @Terrier4581 who should be a good 2nd or 3rd pairing Dman for them. As with last season, their Dcore is very strong and will have to play as such if they want to repeat for the Calder.

In net @joek5 has returned and they picked up @DavosJB who went 29-3-3 in Lehigh Valley last season. Two great goalies with solid D pairing should mean no problem getting into the playoffs again this season.

Conference Rankings:
    1. Grand Rapids Griffins
    2. Iowa Wild
    3. Ontario Reign
    4. Stockton Heat
    5. Texas Stars
    6. San Antonio Rampage
    7. Bakersfield Condors
    8. San Diego Gulls
    9. San Jose Barracuda
    10. Milwaukee Admirals
    11. Chicago Wolves
    12. Rockford Ice Hogs
    13. Charlotte Checkers
    14. Manitoba Moose
    15. Lake Erie Monsters

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    • Like x 21
    • Winner x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    SavagenS
  2. GOAT YeeYee

GOAT YeeYee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 13 / -18
    i deserve better than that -___- i wasnt the only one who folded my whole line did .. the fact im only known for a playoff series we lost is a joke. i was a big part of iowa making playoffs!! and Checkers A.K.A. 500k ARMY WILL SHOCK A LOT OF PEOPLE PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME TAKE THIS PREVIEW AND SHOVE IT

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    tatarl21l
  3. Gthumbz42o

Gthumbz42o Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gthumbz42o#1892
    Ratings:
    +298 / 11 / -19
    get em tater!!!! And you were a big part of us making the playoffs and a big part of us winning 2 of those games. if you were coachcrass you'd just blame those 2 bad games you had on EA.

Gthumbz
  4. Abeyant4005

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -7
    Hey not saying you're bad. Anyone can have a rough series or game. You gave crass a good run. It's 2am and I'm tired so I didn't want to go too into depth. And its all opinions like eveyone always says. They aren't always going to be nice :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    SavagenS
  5. BroccoliR4wb

BroccoliR4wb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +440 / 308 / -281
    Great fucking write up I enjoyed it all good work @Savage Ns and I'm not just saying it cause ur my teammate lol

No Streaming Account
  6. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    As far as our division, I also have GRG and IOW at the top. I think you missed an opportunity in your write up. Allow me to help:

"Macros73 will need to contribute more than shitty memes if the Checkers are to make the playoffs this season."

• Like Like x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. l HowieDoo l

l HowieDoo l Pylon here!!

Ratings:
    +1,461 / 57 / -75
    Great write up. I think we put together a pretty solid team considering the lack of draft picks and resigns, to start the season off. We have a pretty solid group of guys who are excited to make some noise in the West.

- dont sleep on our tendys. Mayuex and nicholas are gonna turn some heads this season.

• Like Like x 1
    HowieDoo
  8. Neat

Neat eat my shorts

Ratings:
    +146 / 14 / -12
    Good power rankings but @IXI Ein IXI and I won't fight for time he is a great tendy most likely splitting 5/4 a week

Wayne019
  9. Kopi

Kopi Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kopitarxx#0
    Ratings:
    +593 / 13 / -28
    Thanks for the writeup, Good job, butttt.....Chicago doesn't have a first line? LOL

• Like Like x 7
    Kopitarxx
  10. V 4 T T Y

V 4 T T Y ECHL Commissioner - Manager S20 - S45

Discord:
    v_4_t_t_y#0
    Ratings:
    +796 / 69 / -139
    Damn can you do an East? Good wrtiteup man!

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    Glorygaming94
  11. SchwimpEggWoll

SchwimpEggWoll Mees le Pleb

Ratings:
    +511 / 52 / -56
    <insert salty butt hurt comment because you have my team missing the playoffs> :p

Good write up man. You definetely went into more depth than I even wanted to attempt with the east lmao

• Like Like x 1
    meestopcheese
  12. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    Great write up! Although I'll be the first to admit I only had one CHL game in net ;). But I showed my talents to AHL GMs and hence why I'm here now. Hope to get that same sv% though (off to a good start after last night! Average: 85%)

If you ever want someone to dig up stats for you @Savage Ns I'm all for giving you a hand!

APsychicTaco
  13. IM HEARTLESS323

IM HEARTLESS323 IM THE GREATEST EVER

Discord:
    IM HEARTLESS323#0904
    Ratings:
    +951 / 283 / -258
    Ummmm....

• Troll Troll x 1
    im_heartless323
  14. SchwimpEggWoll

SchwimpEggWoll Mees le Pleb

Ratings:
    +511 / 52 / -56
    You've got one already. Don't like it? Make you're own. It doesn't matter the writer, your team is going to get the same rankings lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    meestopcheese
  15. Go Heels 2

Go Heels 2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 13 / -14
    We all know our first line consists of only 1 player.... THE GOAT!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  16. tpblue

tpblue Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -1
    Good job man, can tell you put a lot of effort into this.

No Streaming Account
  17. Gala

Gala Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gala#4555
    Ratings:
    +1,119 / 410 / -397
    great write up. do one for the east!

No Streaming Account
  18. HobO0nurporch

HobO0nurporch Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hobooo#0
    Ratings:
    +810 / 89 / -75
    • Winner Winner x 1
    miT_
  19. Big E DeLong

Big E DeLong Grrrrr

Ratings:
    +27 / 3 / -4
    Butthurt much? Damn.

No Streaming Account
  20. Abeyant4005

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -7
    Only thing I would change about yours is that Portland is making the playoffs and winning the cup obviously :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    SavagenS