Powe Ranking Update 3 Weeks In

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Foouu-, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Foouu-

Foouu- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Foouu-#6793
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -8
    Since i can't be perfect and my first power ranking was so popular. Here's an update of my initial power rankings according to the standings right now, why i was right in some case, and why i was wrong on some others. We'll go according to the current team standing

Keep in mind, we're only 3 weeks in, still a lot of games to be played.

Washington Capitals :team14:

Current Position : 1st

Power Ranking : 13th

Why i was right : That third line is indeed getting Sui'd but they're performing a little bit better than expected (3-5-1 so far). Loops and Maje found a way to center those 2 lines majestically and they indeed have some firepower offensively.

Why i was wrong : Hyperzov is spectacular on the LD and is carrying that Maje's line like a maestro! Vez is honestly playing spectacular despite a third week a little under his previous standard. Really playing like a top5 goalie in the league and i didn't expect that coming from a rookie goalie. Good job bud.

Montreal Canadiens :team5:

Current Position : 2nd

Power Ranking : 2nd

Why i was right : I was right on so many levels here, MTL still looking scary with that offensive firepower, lots of their players in the Top10 in scoring. Defense is a bit shaky and Pirates is playing like it's a summer SZN. To be fair, they're second in ranking cuz their division is terrible.

Why i was wrong : I thought they would go with that Deep C trio for at least 4-5 weeks, but the Berpyyy experiment didn't last long and they bolstered their defense.

New-Jersey Devils :team7:

Current Position : 3rd

Power Ranking : 5th

Why i was right : Their first line is absolutely cooking, the depth is there as their third line is performing well and their second line isn't doing too bad but i expected better from Sevy tbh. I hold him to really high standards, that's all.

Why i was wrong : I expected both their goalies to be outside the top20 as they were supposed to be the weaking link but their stats put them both as starter in the league right now, real close to that .800 save percentage line.

Blue Jackets :team6:

Current Position : 4th

Power Ranking : 7th

Why i was right : Jxsse and Gunz are buzzing, both are extremely talented and were expected to do really well, but with Chonzy, this line is honestly on top of the world. I was right about needing a little more punch with Jamesie and i guess that's why they got Heqld. They indeed spreaded their defense on different line and Doranz is playing unreal so far. DandG is having the best season of his career.

Why i was wrong : I didn't expect Chonzy to be that dominant, not gonna lie. Dude is cracked. Probably the reason why this team is in such a place right now.

New-York Islanders :team27:

Current Position : 5th

Power Ranking : 4th

Why i was right : Team is right where i though they would be. First line is doing what they've always done. MT is carrying offensively, Backdoor is scoring at a high pace and they're one of the best defensive team in the league. Also their third is getting sui'd which i expected also.

Why i was wrong : Goalies are playing a little better than expected but at the same time, their D is so good, i might even be right on that point.

Ottawa Senators :team20:

Current Position : 6th

Power Ranking : 12th

Why i was right : I did say they would start hot, and hot they started. GoNics is right there at the top of the charts and is carrying a shaky defense (that obviously improved with Kylo_Reli now). I'd be curious to see what kind of stats my boy Étienne could get with a top contender.

Why i was wrong : Manki's line is actually the one costing this team right now. Toslick's line and Zincy's line are actually doing great. I did say they would start hot tho so... i'll be 100% right if they end up outside the playoffs.

Carolina Hurricanes :team74:

Current Position : 7th

Power Ranking : 3rd

Why i was right : I did express my concerns about the Carolina Hurricanes scoring ability prior to the season as they rank 12th in goals scored. Both their goalies are performing at a high level, both being over .800 in save percentage but it can also be attributed to their solid D-Core which i also expected.

Why i was wrong : I expected more puck possession from the top 2 lines. Carolina is currently 13th in time of possession, i didn't push my analysis to go as deep as line by line, maybe their third is just playing terrible or run and gunnin a lot.

Boston Bruins :team2:

Current Position : 8th

Power Ranking : 15th

Why i was right : Boughs is already out of Boston. Same for Upte and Notusc as they were all the toxic players we identified previously that could cause the ship to sink despite more than average talent. Their Defense is playing solid and Pierre is playing out of his god damn mind.

Why i was wrong : PP actually made moves that make sense, or was it Pierre? Well i'll be damned, but this team might actually make the playoffs with their recent additions.

Philadelphia Flyers :team4:

Current Position : 9th

Power Ranking : 14th

Why i was right : Their defense is indeed high variance and their offense is a little underwhelming. They seem to have changed a lot of players recently so we'll have to assess what's happening next for them.

Why i was wrong : As a team, their depth is better than expected and more importantly, KuttnKornerz is having a good season so far which i would have never guessed. Congrats bud.

New-York Rangers :team12:

Current Position : 10th

Power Ranking : 6th

Why i was right : I didn't comment on our team except for ranking, but if it's not for our first line losing more Overtime game than they actually played games, we're probably right there at 6th. We have the best Time on Attack differential, Time on attack per game, one of the best shot differential and Power-Play.

Why i was wrong : We have D-man playing forwards. Forwards playing goalie and Goalies playing defense. Whole team is in shambles frankly.

Buffalo Sabres :team18:

Current Position : 11th

Power Ranking : 9th

Why i was right : Funny enough, Buffalo was the only team saying they should have been higher than us on my previous ranking. Love u Shieldz. Their whole team has depth, like i mentionned, and their goalies are ranking in the bottom half of the league and i expected that position to be a downfall for them so, yeah.

Why i was wrong : I expected them to be a lot more stable as they were building with some serious chem to start the season, but they're probably the team that moved the most since season started.

Toronto Maple Leafs :team1:

Current Position : 12th

Power Ranking : 10th

Why i was right : I mentioned they needed some more firepower and they're 11th in scoring, so there's that. Also, both their goalies are outside the top20 and that position was a question mark from the start.

Why i was wrong : I said Mikeyx09 was MikeyD. Other than that, pretty accurate. I might have overestimated their D as they're giving up a lot of goals, but again, might be on the goalies to make some saves.

Pittsburgh Penguins :team78:

Current Position : 13th

Power Ranking : 11th

Why i was right : I don't know. Except for the position, i was mostly wrong. I expected them to be out of the playoffs but not for the reason i previously mentioned.

Why i was wrong : Their offense is doing better than expected. They traded one of their biggest piece on defense and are still performing defensively. K-Quinn has been underwhelming and was traded. Waldo is playing center and not winger. Honestly, they have a positive goal differential, i expect Pittsburgh to turn the ship around, they're maybe a couple of line changes short of a playoffs spot.

Detroit Red Wings :team10:

Current Position : 14th

Power Ranking : 1st

Why i was right : I don't know, maybe Rag not being reliable?

Why i was wrong : Whole team is in shambles man, i don't know what to say. Saying any of their players is underperforming would be an understatement so i won't point any fingers. Figure it out boys FFS.

Florida Panthers :team23:

Current Position : 15th

Power Ranking : 16th

Why i was right : I was spot on, their defense is struggling big time and they rank 15th in goal allowed and that's with Deanoo playing really solid in net.

Why i was wrong : Their offense is underperforming, but at the end of the day, even if they scored 3 goals per game, they're allowing 4 a game so...

Tampa Bay Lightning :team21:

Current Position : 16th

Power Ranking : 8th

Why i was right :
    - Their second line was suspicioux
    - That west line indeed messed with some Qcs
    - BCBoi is west AF.

Why i was wrong : I put my faith in a team built by SelkeSean. I don't even know why brother, i actually love you and think you're solid. Hedman is cracked on RW. You might just be cursed bro, or it's Tampa. I don't know man, i hope your turn this ship around.

See you in 3 weeks Fellas.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Jamesie_TW

Jamesie_TW Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jamesie#4342
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -4
    Gun doesn't want to give me Heald

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Norris Dud

Norris Dud I’m better than you :)

Ratings:
    +897 / 145 / -269
    I’m not underperforming :(

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    dudnastyy
  4. Foouu-

Foouu- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Foouu-#6793
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -8
    I mean, you lost to Tampa, i don't know what to say :(

No Streaming Account
  5. Norris Dud

Norris Dud I’m better than you :)

Ratings:
    +897 / 145 / -269
    I had 5 points :mad:

• Winner Winner x 1
    dudnastyy
  6. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,298 / 21 / -57
    love a good Powe Ranking

• Winner Winner x 2
    mt98
  7. CHUCKULENCE

CHUCKULENCE Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chuck_morrisse#0
    Ratings:
    +103 / 8 / -26
    We are +9 in goals and in 13th position. It's fucked how many leads we've given up and 1 goal games we've lost.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. KuttnKornerz

KuttnKornerz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kuttnkornerz#0
    Ratings:
    +357 / 39 / -68
    Me after Fouu notices my 6-3 start 7BE2DC27-0393-4329-B119-5B37232776EE.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    kuttnkornerzz
  9. lmDeanoo-

lmDeanoo- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Deanoo#9812
    Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -9
    I just got a grip of how to be bailed and win games, definitely wasn't playing cracked before the last couple games, ship is turning very slowly, good media lad.

• Winner Winner x 1
    lmDeanoo
  10. Miikeyx09

Miikeyx09 Anyone know what to put here?

Ratings:
    +728 / 13 / -51
    Solid writeup!

MikeyMcB
  11. Atkinsl10l

Atkinsl10l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    atkinsqc#0
    Ratings:
    +359 / 8 / -48
    :team1::team2::team4::team5::team6::team7::team10::team12::team14::team18::team20::team21::team23::team27::team78:

• Winner Winner x 1
    atkinsl10l
  12. Babaganoushh_

Babaganoushh_ "They don't think it be like it is, but it do"

Discord:
    babaganoushh_#0
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Don’t forget about the guy who quit on the rangers and then they traded a defender who didn’t play forward because of it.

No Streaming Account
  13. LOopSx91x

LOopSx91x Road 2 Glory eSports Captain!

Discord:
    loopsx91#0
    Ratings:
    +128 / 7 / -30
    :team14: Nothing to say just good job again and thx

• Winner Winner x 2
    loopsx91
  14. xHyper-8

xHyper-8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    luvhyper#0
    Ratings:
    +1,160 / 31 / -54
    Good write up! Now you know me! Feels good to be back from cap ban :cool:

No Streaming Account
  15. DCKIESON

DCKIESON Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39

Attached Files:

No Streaming Account
  16. GooseNHL

GooseNHL I mean, i'm okay in net.

Discord:
    GooseNHL#3564
    Ratings:
    +30 / 2 / -4
    Nice update, gonna try and keep it going.

GooseNHL
  17. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,051 / 350 / -520
    :team2::team2::team2::team2::team2::team2:

premierplayer