Pro Series Season 1 Wrap-Up (Hi!)

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by NugeTV, May 23, 2014.

1. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    For the first time in the 6 years of competitive EASHL we completed a 6v6 tournament with money on the line. The regular season was a great time for most teams, the ability to play competitive 6s on their own schedule worked out as well as I hoped, and despite the less than perfect scoring system most people agreed the season was fun and competitive. I was truly hoping that all 17 teams would complete 20 games, but 13 out of 17 qualifying for the playoffs wasn’t a bad number.

The first few rounds of the playoffs didn’t go by flawlessly, but for the most part it ran smoothly. The Filthy Few vs. Tell Your Friends was dragged out to a Friday that no one wanted to play on, it also happened to be the only series in the entire tournament that didn’t end in a sweep. The only true issue in the entire tournament occurred last night.
    The 2 teams in the finals, bFd and NxU, reached an agreement that the games would be played at 10:30PM on Wednesday and Thursday night, however that was never expressly confirmed in the scheduling thread. Games on Wednesday night were held back to about 11PM due to one of bFd’s players being “stuck at work”. Never Unlucky never thought about calling a forfeit, because forfeits look bad on the team calling them and on the tournament as a whole. About 100 people tuned in to watch Never Unlucky win 3 consecutive 1 goal games on Wednesday night to take a commanding 3-0 series lead.

Throughout the day on Thursday bFd players informed us that they wouldn’t be ready until 11 again, which was fine, we were willing to start at 11. At around 11:05 I approached bFd asking when they would be ready, and they told me that they had to postpone the games until tonight because the same player was stuck at work until 3am. Unfortunately with it being Memorial Day Weekend, Never Unlucky would have had about a 5% chance of fielding a line-up for Friday Night.

Technically within the rules the final day to play the games would have been that Friday Night and bFd would have gotten 4 straight forfeit wins and won the tournament. With all of the hype surrounding the finals both teams agreed that it would be awful to end the series on 4 straight forfeits, so bFd forfeited game 4. Still not an ideal end to the series, because bFd had a decent shot to win still, but a lot better than the alternative situation.

It was no one’s fault other than maybe bFd’s goalie who claimed he would be available and ditched them at the last minute. It really isn’t fair to place full blame on him either, if he really had something else going on that he couldn’t get out of its just an unfortunate set of circumstances. With roster size increases and a few other rule changes that I have in mind we should be able to avoid issues like this going forward.

1[SUP]st[/SUP] Place: Never Unlucky
    2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Place: Bouchs Fat Dad
    3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Place: The Filthy Few
    4[SUP]th[/SUP] Place: Reality Check

2. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    Being 1 of the guys helping out nuge, I can confirm the result.

Congratulations to all the team. Hopefully, this won't happen again (not just hopefully for the integrity of this type of league) Things will be much more clear next times to make sure we won'T have that type of problem once again.

kipper86
  3. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    Fuck fat ass Devin.

----------------------------

I apologize for my immaturity last night. I was more pissed at Devin than anything, and I expressed it the wrong way.

It was a fun tournament, season, whatever you wanna call it, and it was run quite smoothly. I'm looking forward to playing again.

No Streaming Account
  4. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    Agreed. Overall ran smoothly and was fun. One improvement that needs to be looked at greatly is the point system. I don't think it is the best it can be. I think it needs to be based off of how many points each team has, not where they are in the standings. Granted, i dont have a "perfect" formula to do that but I'm sure someone has a better idea where to start with one.

Scheckel29
  5. MattMurr

MattMurr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 3 / -3
    Very fun tournament. Unfortunate that the whole series couldn't be played out. Didn't think it would've mattered either way with us having a Dman playing goalie. Fuck you Morrel. But good series and great job Nuge for making this work.

No Streaming Account
  6. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    [MENTION=7358]ImJeff[/MENTION] and I will be spending some time this weekend/next week coming up with a new point system based on systems that are used in real life competitions (like Chess, college basketball, etc.) and once we've come up with some ideas we'll present them to Tris to make sure the coding is possible, then present the ideas to the community.

7. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    Please make sure a loss and an OTL aren't weighted equally. You should lose half the amount of points for an OTL than you would for a normal loss, or something in that aspect.

No Streaming Account
  8. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    This write-up was given the grammar and spelling check seal of approval by the one and only, Kody Payment.

Primetimme1
  9. Kodyyy

Kodyyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,160 / 7 / -4
    Meh. He has some comma splices and run on sentences. Other than that it's acceptable.

Had more fun in this than I was honestly expecting to have. Sucks that bFd had to play with a lesser lineup in the final, but the games were fun and could have gone either way regardless. I hope we played well enough in those 3 games to somewhat justify the end result.

Melroses_Mullet
  10. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    Should OT wins be worth half as much as regulation wins? I am not a fan of the NHLs way of having some games be worth more than others.

No Streaming Account
  11. SillySook613

SillySook613 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sillysook613#0
    Ratings:
    +1,096 / 5 / -29
    Very well run tourney Nuge. I remember there being many folks who thought that this would be a flop, but once it was in full swing they all started to see how fun and competitive of a tourney they were missing out on.
    I never played a single game of club with Wit or Habsguy before, but we found a way to have a blast.

No Streaming Account
  12. LikeaHardPuzzle

LikeaHardPuzzle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 0 / -4
    Congrats to the winners. I had a great time in these competitive games. :)

No Streaming Account
  13. Nemzer 89

Nemzer 89 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +185 / 0 / -0
    It was definitely a great tourney lots a fun. Plus tons to build off on for next go around more teams etc. Congrats on the win. Looking forward to see this thing going for awhile. Great job.

No Streaming Account
  14. BacKLuND x 22

BacKLuND x 22 FA RD #7

Ratings:
    +775 / 63 / -45
    It was a good tourny. My hats off to Nuge, and everyone who made it happen. The one thing that kind of seems out of place is the % of what everyone gets.

17 dollars profit to people who came in 2nd? Is that a joke? Why even bother?

If we do another one, the % Tris gets should be extremely less. Not to just single someone out, but make it a bigger prize pool

The percentage Tris gets should be like 10-12.5%

Because lets be honest, if he gets 33% again, fuck why don't I just make a little site for this? I'll take cost of the site + 50 dollars.

No Streaming Account
  15. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    Holla.

No Streaming Account
  16. Trobs

Trobs Prime Example

Ratings:
    +1,074 / 29 / -28
    I bought a new car with that $17 silly.

No Streaming Account
  17. BacKLuND x 22

BacKLuND x 22 FA RD #7

Ratings:
    +775 / 63 / -45
    A picture of a car? Or a "car" that has rocks as wheels and trees as the shell of the car

No Streaming Account
  18. MattTheCoolCat

MattTheCoolCat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,851 / 3 / -12
    [​IMG]

MattTheCoolCat
  19. thaddeus jay

thaddeus jay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -2
    who beat 9th?