Pro Series Suggestions/Improvements

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Apr 29, 2015.

1. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Post your ideas/suggestions for future tournaments here.

- Record Tracking (have captains insert a lineup before each game is started)
    - Pro Series Chat Box
    - Reseeding after each round
    - Best of 7 playoff series (maybe 5-7-7-7 depending on # of teams/rounds)
    - Number of playoff teams no matter how many teams sign up, doesn't make sense to have 16 of 17 teams make the playoffs
    - The Forfeit issues (put a cap on it or just don't have forfeits at all, i don't understand why they even exist in this to be honest, just allow it to be cancelled)
    - Possible buy-in increase
    @NugeTV @F5 Penguin @ImJeff @kpy86 @lan Morando @Salty Milk Bags @I SSJ Bardock I

Appreciate the response and other suggestions. This tournament was fun i had a good time in it, hopefully it can only get better from here on, especially when we switch to NextGen

*Tagged these guys bc they were on the ProSeries board i guess at some point or i saw Tris had them @ in a post so figured they have some pull/say in the tourney

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    In World of CHEL
    SweeT9LoU84
  2. Kodyyy

Kodyyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,160 / 7 / -4
    Not making this post to be critical, just giving my opinions on your ideas since you tagged me.

Zero reason for this to be mandatory. You can do it if you want right now, there's nothing stopping you. I think we did it one season and it worked fine.

Don't really see it as necessary but if it takes Tris two seconds to set up then sure.

Yes.

Depends on if the amount of playoff teams is changed. As it stands right now 7 games in the first round is wholly unnecessary. Generally speaking though I'm all for more games. Generally means the best team will win.

I don't care about this either way. As long as there's an activity threshold the playoffs can be set up in whatever fashion people want.

They are "allowed" to be cancelled, forfeits aren't mandatory in any way. They're there to protect teams against others being ignorant/inconsiderate to their time, as was put on display this season. They need to stay for that reason alone, and the situation that was exposed this season should be addressed with some sort of rule for the future.

Fine with me if people are interested. Doubt most would be.

• Like Like x 6
    Melroses_Mullet
  3. MattMurr

MattMurr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 3 / -3
    I like a lot of these ideas. I think the playoffs should for sure reseed after each round. Agree, with Lan that the first series should only be a 5 game series and I think the rest should be a 7 game series so that more times than not the better team should win. I would love for the buy-in to increase but, could possibly lessen the amount of teams that buy in due to them thinking they have no shot of them placing in the tourney (maybe a $5-10 increase per person)? I think the amount of teams that make the playoffs could potentially be interesting and make the regular season more fun. If for example, the next season there are 17 teams that buy in again maybe allow only 10-12 teams to make it? Would make the regular season a battle for those lower seeds.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  4. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    I'm cool with tracking records - but I agree that it should be optional.

CB is unnecessary.

Indifferent on reseeding - I see the logic, but don't think it is really necessary.

Sure, more playoff games the better.

Also thought that we should've cracked down on the number of playoff teams. Makes the regular season virtually meaningless. We might as well just have a 16 team tournament if we do what we did this past season.

I'd be reluctant to increase the buy-in. It has basically been the same 2 or 3 teams that have gotten paid out for each Pro Series thus far. Until there is a greater talent pool or teams are better balanced (just being honest, NxU has 3 or 4 guys on the bench that would start for other teams) then I'd consider increasing it. 17 teams is a pretty small pool as it is now, I only see that number shrinking with a higher cost of entry.

• Like Like x 1
    BLicK1252
  5. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    Keep the buy in where it is currently. It's accessible enough for most people to sign up (thus increasing activity) without feeling like they've made an investment, and keeps the spirit of the tournament about competitive 6s above anything else. I'd still play if it moved to $20-$30 or whatever but I don't see the point of pricing people out when this tournament isn't really about winning money, it's just a nice little incentive to keep people engaged.

5 in the first round, 7 thereafter sounds good, as does reseeding.

On stats, the issue is if you play 5+ games a night it becomes a chore. Maybe on Xbox One with the snapshot feature it will become as simple as pressing a button and the OCR is populated, but we'll have to wait for September to know for sure.

Ciao,
    Me-10s

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. MattMurr

MattMurr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 3 / -3
    I think just a $5 increase should be suffice. I think that it's not enough to draw teams away from the tourny but, makes a significant difference in the total pot. Just a suggestion but, use that extra $5 for some kind of side pot? (Not sure exactly what kind of side pot, maybe have a losers bracket where they get their buy in back)? But, am perfectly fine with what the buyin is now and like the idea of not making it about the money but just about 6s.

No Streaming Account
  7. G0gel

G0gel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +256 / 0 / -0
    No to reseeding because it worked out for us.....

But in all seriousness, still no. NHL does not reseed and so what if a lower seed goes deep in the tournament? I think it makes the tournament that much more unpredictable and fun.

No to record tracking: I think we have enough record tracking in LG, and to make guys put stats in for this is unnecessary.

Impartial to the series: just because the times that LG games get over its fairly late, not that its a problem for me individually but it could be possible with others.

Forfeit issues: Don't have a problem with it, just wish we could have benefitted from it during the regular season, maybe could have helped us seeding-wise so some of you would have thought "we belonged" in the semis because Grygy actually played us throughout the season..

Buy-in increase: I would actually approve of it for THIS summer but probably not into the next gen, based simply on the fact that I think with it being summer, activity is going to be down anyway, why not bump it up like Murr said $5 - $10. I think doing that will keep most teams anyway, especially the most active teams, I think doing this will create a little more drama for the season, higher stakes always makes it more interesting and could potentially improve gameplay.

Most of my responses are in reference to my assumption of PS being played this summer, are we planning on playing one?

Lastly, thanks for those of you that set up PS and will continue running it. It has been a while since I played on just one club and played meaningful games every night. Playing PS was a main reason I even came back to LG to play. I saw some of [MENTION=6796]NugeTV[/MENTION] streams while I was away and thought this was a great idea, and thought it would bring EASHL 6s back to the forefront. So thanks guys for doing this, excited for the next season.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  8. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    for this I just mean your record (Wins/Losses). We asked Tris earlier in the season and he said he turned off notifications if stats weren't done for Pro Series games. All we would have to do is insert a lineup and then the score that's all, just so next to our name it would say our record since in all the forums and thing sit has our LG team record and our Pro Series Team record, but I don't think it'd be smart to do it if every team didn't do it. It's not hard to confirm a line before each game played or even after for that matter would take 2 minutes but again not really a big deal I was just thinking of other things we could try to possibly improve or make the tourney more interesting.

In World of CHEL
    SweeT9LoU84
  9. G0gel

G0gel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +256 / 0 / -0
    I know worded incorrectly, still stand behind that..I just want to know who won and lost..don't care about who was in the game etc.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. BigJay x89

BigJay x89 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bigjayy#0
    Ratings:
    +1,865 / 93 / -94
    gargling goggle

No Streaming Account