Racing Wheel Question

Discussion in 'Forza' started by Probert, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Between being out of town for work and family obligations I'm strapped for time. Now that you have my excuse, here is my question (that I have not had time to research).

Does the wheel used for this game have to be made specifically for the XBox 360?

The reason I ask is because I have a decent Momo force-feedback USB wheel for my desktop PC (via USB). I'm at the office right now between meetings, and for the life of me I cannot remember whether the 360 has USB ports or not. I know my PS3 has 4 or 6 of them in the front alone, but I'm spacing on the 360. Also, given my experience of needing drivers for devices with windows, would this Momo wheel even work with the Xbox 360?

Anyone have any idea?

-P

2. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    YEs it does have USB Ports but im unsure if it would work..

No Streaming Account
  3. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think MS's goal has been to make sure you have to buy their peripherals and not be able to use PC peripherals on the 360. While nothing is certain, my guess would be no.

No Streaming Account
  4. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a hunch there will be some proprietary/driver problems, despite both products being made specifically to function with Microsoft systems. If it's not compatible I'll stick with the regular controller.

5. NEODARK

NEODARK Hakuna Matata

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It doesnt work.

sucks cause I can't use my G25 or DFP.

No Streaming Account
  6. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whats bad is that its really fun to feel like your actually in a car with a wheel and race.. But the performance is better using the controller than using the wheel. I have a lead foot anyways so I wasnt use to Letting off the gas ..

No Streaming Account
  7. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No dice indeed. Just as well as I seem to have a lead foot similar to the one described by Nosice.