Racing Wheel Setup

Discussion in 'Forza' started by Tris10, May 31, 2007.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    (Not sure which forum this would best go under, so posting it in the off topic)

Ok, so i just bought a racing wheel for my xbox 360 to play forza on. The wheel is the Wireless racing wheel with force feedback.

Now i've had a racing wheel before for Ps2 and it sucked trying to strap it to your legs and the pedels would always move, So my question is what's a good setup? I looking for some racing "Chairs", and found this web site
    http://store.videogamecentral.com/gamechairs.html

First i dont know if this wheel will work for these chairs. Also does anyone know of any other solutions that might be good?

2. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm feeling that pain as well.. I had a TV Tray That i thought would work and so far its sucks because i cant keep the suction cups attached to the surface.. And i started getting leg cramps at lunch today trying to push the petals, because i had to put the petal in a different position..

Those pictures look sweet.. Though no way i can justify that with the wife..lol.. Umm.. Im thinking i need to break out the wood working skills ...

EDIT: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EOJ6DY/104-6117018-3823912 This is the wheel i got about 3 months ago for 35 dollars ... The box got wet so they had to reduce it.. lol.. I love it but i got to figure out a setup where i can be somewhat comfortable.. TRIS can you lend me 200 dollars...hehehe

Last edited: May 31, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  3. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    My wife would shoot me if I bought that racing chair. That's the precise reason I never bought a wheel...no where to put it.

No Streaming Account
  4. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Ha, if i could i would

To ship one of those chairs to canada they want 220USD... That's madness. I'd have to ship it to my usa office and get it up from there. But still, 400 bucks for a chair...

5. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
  6. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Shoot, I'm just using a TV Tray/Table. Obviously it doesn't work with Nosice's wheel, but the MS Wireless wheel has a clamp that holds nicely. I'm sitting in a regular office chair and the wheel is almost perfect height. The pedals don't move on me because I'm using a two-foot driving style right now. I do have to say that I've only put about an hour or so into driving with the wheel. The TV Tray/Table also keeps my knees closer together because I have to have my legs through the tray/table opening. This makes it easier to two-foot drive for me. The only problem is, it hurts the sides of my calves.

Those playseats are awesome, but they wouldn't work in my gaming area. Way too big.

No Streaming Account
  7. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Never use a TV tray.

Here is my new racing wheel setup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nevermind me playing God of War in the background ;)

No Streaming Account
  8. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
  9. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Honestly Blaz, I don't know why you say that. This is by no means a knock against your desk, but the TV table I have and am using looks much more sturdy than the desk that your using. I'm guessing you were picturing those really feeble TV trays. Mine is more of a TV Table than a tray and is made of solid wood. Same concept, much more sturdy.

Tris, that's awesome. I was tempted but just have too little room to put it. The one you bought would match my decor too :evil:

No Streaming Account
  10. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the flimsy TV trays.

No Streaming Account
  11. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whats a good way of weighing down the pedals? They are so lightweight they keep slipping around the floor on me.

No Streaming Account
  12. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've heard two methods that might help:

1. Prop something behind the pedal base so it can't slide.

2. If you're on carpet (which your picture suggests), get sticky velcro strips and put the "hook" side of the velcro on the bottom of the base.

I haven't had a problem with sliding, but that's becuase I'm currently using the two-footed driving style. My heels keep it in place.

No Streaming Account
  13. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So for suggestion #2, basically buy some velcro and attach it to the floor and the pedal base to hold it in place? That actually sounds like a good idea. Thing is, does velcro come off (like taking it off the floor)?

No Streaming Account
  14. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Blaz, I wasn't very detailed. From what I understand, people suggest using ONLY the "hook" side of the velcro. This is what you stick to the bottom of the pedal base. Doing so, the hooks grab the carpet and keep the base from sliding. The other side of the velcro is discarded I guess. But it also means easy clean up since you just move the base when you need to.

I should've been clearer. I also want to say these are just methods that I've heard. I have not tried them so I can't vouch for them at all. But the velcro one is at least cheap enough that you won't be too disappointed if it doesn't work.

No Streaming Account