Please Vote! Racism Policy Poll

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Kiroxy4320, Jun 13, 2020.

?

Should LG hold racism to a higher regard of punishment?

1. Yes, I believe to even begin to get rid of racism. It starts at the top with harsher policy change.

91.2%
  2. No, we can't fix this. We have to just work with what we have and hope it gets better.

8.8%
  1. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    Also make a list for the chatbox of certain racial words that are unacceptable and it a person says it than it automatically removes them or gives Brodie or Tris an alert so they can be banned permanent

cross_x_check
  2. Doanxr

Doanxr Can’t play cause of rumors

Ratings:
    +221 / 22 / -45
    LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    EA SPORTS FC™ 24 Hub (In Menus)
    No Streaming Account
  3. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +455 / 2 / -17

This is a good point and where my mind went initially went when I saw this brought up. First off, I agree about the racism issue and support a zero tolerance policy. I just think that we have to be careful not to put comments associated with harassing/taunting because of skin color as a higher priority than harassing/taunting because of nationality (aka “Frenchie”) or general appearances (such as what occurred with the RGD ban). There should be a zero tolerance on ALL of these issues but I think more specific guidance will need given as to what crosses that tolerance policy and it is CRITICAL that these issues be punished consistently.

I say that because these issues are obviously important and transcend a virtual hockey league, but at the same time, it IS a virtual hockey league and people will want to smack talk and what not. I think if we as a community can ask ourselves “could I get banned if I say this” prior to smack talking, it would go a long way towards supporting this change within this community.

As an example of what I’ve stated above, I think it would be wrong to have a 3 season cap ban issued to RGD and other individual involved for harassment relating to someone’s physical appearance but then only a 1 season ban for taunts relating to racism. Whatever the rule ends up being, those type of situations should have equal punishments except for extreme circumstances IMO

No Streaming Account
  4. oIts Not Rock

oIts Not Rock Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oitsnotrock#0
    Ratings:
    +79 / 21 / -14
    How you been tertle

No Streaming Account
  5. Dradavich

Dradavich The guy who got Truc Banned

Discord:
    Dradavich#1971
    Ratings:
    +1,866 / 134 / -406
    Getting Rid of Racism sounds like a possiblity until you realize we have been trying to get rid of Murder, Robbery, Rape, Sexism, Xenophobia and Homophobia for years. Everytime it pokes it's head anywhere people are so quick to point the blame at the place it occuried instead of pointing the finger at person actually being racist. Stop blaming LG for the actions of someone else, If somebody is Being Racist in a walmart, Do we blame Walmart or the person being racist? yeah exactly you blame the racist.

I think the Current rules are fine, it leaves the possibility for people to change. We let Murders and Rapists have a second chance so why can't some idiot on the internet also have a second chance? The only thing that i think is wrong is having to buyout the ban, Just seems like LG is profiting off of racism.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Dradavich