S12 Pacific Division Standings Predictions/Write Up

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by MrPurpleCrush, Oct 14, 2019.

1. MrPurpleCrush

MrPurpleCrush Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 6 / -28
    1) Las Angeles Kings

This team has one of the better offences in the league and as long as their defence can hold up, this team should be really good. Eastons/Chyz/Lander and Moran/CJ/Thoma should be able to cause issues for defences all season long. I expect both lines to have a lot of success this season. If there is one downfall it's their defence which I don't think is even that bad. I know he's had good numbers in the past but Ditraqted coming off a sub par AHL season needs to prove his worth on the back end with CJ's line. Gonna be a big factor in determining how good that line really will be.

2) Edmonton Oilers

Well, KB had DeathClown slip through the cracks and fall to him as his GM and then proceeded to win the lottery allowing him to draft Canadiens. This should allow KB to play on the 2nd line and I think it will allow him to have a lot more success than he has in his prior seasons as owner. DC and Canadiens can do a majority of the heavy lifting for this team and I dont see that being a problem for them. Their top 3 on defence consisting of Krish, Coach, CanadasGame should be good enough to compliment the forward group this team has. It's probably a good thing KB didnt have to pick up many cheap players in bidding because that's where I think he struggles the most, and the bottom 3 dmen really show that.

3) Seattle Thunderbirds

Ducks takes over the newly introduced Seattle Thunderbirds and brings along the brothers WhiteKnucklerz and Merana to join him. They'll be the key pieces to this team's first line and this duo can really shut down offences. Extremely disciplined, effective defensively, and while they might not score a lot, they'll capitalize on other teams mistakes. The lack of top end skill on the 2nd line is what has me putting them behind LAK and EDM but the depth they have through 3 lines is why they're at number 3.

4) San Jose Sharks

Not much surprise here, Rad builds another nice looking team and I would not be surprised if the Sharks finished higher than where I have them. Rico/Jcoul/Walle will be looking to continue their success that they had back in S9 when they got 23 wins. Don't think they'll get to 23 again. but they should have a very good season. This team's 2nd line is why I have them at number 4. ThreeEleven has had some very good seasons and Pelley finally makes his return to the NHL but on paper they just don't match up well against some other 2nds in my opinion. With a top 3 on defence of AcGee, ZdBall, and Rad I don't see why this team can't be a playoff team once again this season though.

5) Vancouver Canucks

On paper I don't think this team is bad at all and while I can see them being higher than this I feel like putting them here and will probably be proven wrong. They got Alans in bidding to play on the first line with TMills and these 2 have been playing together forever. The 2nd line is what I'm really questioning here. This team had plenty of cap going into bidding to get Alans, Parishe, Landamov and still have a solid defence still but instead of getting Bertone's linemates back (They had 19 wins last season) they spent the cap on Mino/Biologics/Keeps. Im not saying they wont work out but why change something that worked so well last season when you didnt have to break the bank to do it?

6) Anaheim Ducks

Well every season he's been owner I've predicted Freeze will miss the playoffs and here we are again. Not that he cares at this point especially if he goes out and does it again. My predictions are just based off of my opinions of what I see on paper, and what actually happens over the course of the season in relation to that is usually different. Always different when it comes to this team. Lish/Nehxc/JT should be a good 1st line but I don't think it's better than the 5 other 1st lines of the teams above. Wasnt better than NYR, WSH, or BUF S10 either but they just find a way to get it done. They have a west line that will be carried by GamingFreak who's playing forward for the first time this season. Im not sure who else on forward is west but I dont see a lot of support. Anyways this team will probably find a way to get into the playoffs and I wont be surprised about it anymore.

7) Vegas Golden Knights

Well unless Whoareu is willing to play C on the 2nd line to provide some balance I dont see this team being successful. Whoareu/KC with Trio on the back end should be fine but you have 2 overpaid wingers with a high risk, high reward C on a good contract as the 2nd along with a really shady defence. I just don't see how this teams defence will be able to handle some of the skilled lines that teams in this division have. Of the bottom 4 dmen, only Gingerb has 1 season above .500 in the NHL (back in S8), the others have been below .500, or never played NHL yet.

8) Calgary Flames

Well this does not look good and would you look at that, they don't have their own 1st round pick anymore. Anyways Woy quit and I think I stressed enough the importance of knowing what you're getting into with players like that. That leaves Gally as the most talented player on this team. Very good player but that is not a sentence I should be typing. This team is filled with support players and third liners and there's nothing much else to it. The LD's look decent with Potsie, BaldingUncle, Sik but the right side is abysmal. Hard to accomplish what FireMike did but I guess if there's a team with a chance this season it would be this one.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  2. Parihse

Parihse Friends call me P

Discord:
    Parihse#8419
    Ratings:
    +415 / 7 / -32
    Weird Flex @RBCressor

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    parihse
  3. RBCressor

RBCressor Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Cress#5140
    Ratings:
    +163 / 3 / -8
    Hahaha

rbcressor
  4. MrPurpleCrush

MrPurpleCrush Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 6 / -28
    1) Las Angeles Kings (4th)

This team has one of the better offences in the league and as long as their defence can hold up, this team should be really good.

Sacrificed some offence to improve on the back end, had a good season.

2) Edmonton Oilers (1st)

DC and Canadiens can do a majority of the heavy lifting for this team and I dont see that being a problem for them.

KB didn't even play more than half the season and this team still finished 1st.

3) Seattle Thunderbirds (2nd)

The depth they have through 3 lines is why they're at number 3.

Good enough depth for 2nd.

4) San Jose Sharks (3rd)

Not much surprise here, Rad builds another nice looking team and I would not be surprised if the Sharks finished higher than where I have them.

On point.

5) Vancouver Canucks (8th)

The 2nd line is what I'm really questioning here. This team had plenty of cap going into bidding to get Alans, Parishe, Landamov and still have a solid defence still but instead of getting Bertone's linemates back (They had 19 wins last season) they spent the cap on Mino/Biologics/Keeps. Im not saying they wont work out but why change something that worked so well last season when you didnt have to break the bank to do it?

All 3 lines shit the bed.

6) Anaheim Ducks (5th)

Well every season he's been owner I've predicted Freeze will miss the playoffs and here we are again.

Was a good run.

7) Vegas Golden Knights (7th)

Well unless Whoareu is willing to play C on the 2nd line to provide some balance I dont see this team being successful.

Even with him as the 2C they couldn't make playoffs.

8) Calgary Flames (6th)

Hard to accomplish what FireMike did but I guess if there's a team with a chance this season it would be this one.

Usually in my write ups I try to predict the potential Fire Mike like team of the season and I gotta give props to @STLstash for pulling this team out of the gutter after Woy quit to have the season that Calgary had.

Side note: Predicted every playoff team correctly (Wrong order)

• Funny Funny x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  5. BigSleezy00

BigSleezy00 EAID: BigSleezy00

Discord:
    bigsleezy#0
    Ratings:
    +178 / 3 / -7
    who's woy?

Big_Sleezy