S15 Rule Book

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Freddy Couples, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Freddy Couples

Freddy Couples Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +445 / 0 / -0
    There's two days until the draft and the current "Rule Book" link, links to the S14 Playoff Rules...

Am I not looking in the right spot or has the S15 Rule Book still not been posted yet?

No Streaming Account
  2. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    Still not posted

Scheckel29
  3. atomicstorm13

atomicstorm13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 4 / -3
    Some rules are still being debated. For all practical purposes, S14 rules are a good foundation for what you should expect in S15 - until S15 rules have been posted.

No Streaming Account
  4. Ichibani

Ichibani Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -1
    Unfortunately the growth spike has forced us to take a fresh look at some rules and slowed down the pipeline.

It is important to draft enough active players, but there shouldn't be any surprises for owners.

No Streaming Account
  5. tansauce1981

tansauce1981 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    where might the s14 rule book be located?

No Streaming Account
  6. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    THe rules are prety much basic, we have quite a few edits to clean up that would basically affect the people running the teams and how they opperate and function. Other procedures are minor and would only take a quick read to get the information to answer a specific question. Game play rules are pretty typical.

7. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    No Streaming Account
  8. tansauce1981

tansauce1981 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive looked at that clark its just a list of officials and playoff structure

No Streaming Account
  9. Freddy Couples

Freddy Couples Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +445 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ozzy, but unfortunately vague blanket statements don't really help any players that are new to this league or returning from years previous that don't know the S14 Regular Season Rule Book, as the only thing posted in the current Rule Book are S14 Playoff Rules that don't make any mention of gameplay, positional restrictions, min/max games per week, availability posting, etc. These are all things that people should know before they sign up for this league.

Take position for example. Based on last year's rules, you could sign up as a FWD, but play as a D. Is that going to continue this year? Rules that like have a huge impact on what players do at sign up as well who Owners bid on and how much they bid.

If I may, I suggest posting the S14 Regular Season Rule Book or a Coles Notes version of this year's so that people can at least get an idea as to what the rules are. For example, I was shocked to hear from someone during a scouting game, that wraps aren't allowed in the LGHL (A rule that I think is more fitting for NHL 09 than NHL 13, but that's a topic for a different discussion). I had no way of knowing that, because there is no Rule Book to reference for that kind of info.

I think it's good that time is being taken to make sure the Rule Book is written properly, because how it's written is important. However I think that it's fair to say that this should've been posted a couple weeks ago. I understand that expansion may have required a couple of edits or additions, but rules that aren't affected by this expansion (which should be the majority of them) should at least be accessible to those who are new to the community or didn't memorize the S14 Rule Book.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  10. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    My apologies. It wasn't an excuse for not having them up, this is very much against my nature to not have them up well in advanced. We pretty much have a new league staff and I've been very busy personally couple with some key changes for how to manage roster (dos and donts) that has taken more time than expected to get it cleaned up.

I will have it finished and posted for the owners to browse through and comment on tonight & hope to have it up publicly sometime tomorrow night.