S28 Playoff Predictions - Round 1

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Lyons x 63, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Lyons x 63

Lyons x 63 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 28 / -73
    It’s the most wonderful time of the year, playoffs. I decided to make a thread on who I think will win the round 1 matchups. Not sure if I can keep it up through the entire playoffs but we’ll see. These are just personal opinions, hoping to really stir up some salt with it before playoffs. Special shout-out to my consultant @Stoner x 95 for the help. Have fun hitting the links kid!

Eastern Atlantic

Lehigh Valley Phantoms (1) vs. Providence Bruins (4)

First off, huge shout-out to @Darcy Kuemper for what he was able to pull off. Winning the division in the last game of the season after dealing with shit all year from NHL ownership. Lehigh Valley was able to clinch the division with 111 points. @xl NiTeOwL lx has put up impressive numbers from the point in his first full season in the AHL. Seems like LHV was also to get some very clutch NHL send downs as well in @MxnsteR 95 and @RaiN l 87 l. Also has to be mentioned Darcy has been solid in the pipes all season and is entirely capable of stealing a game if needed.

Providence finished 4th in the Atlantic with 94 points. Led by their management team on the point of @Prowsey8 and @Colonel20, this team has a lot of depth. After some mid-season bans, the team is lacking a true first line, which could hurt them in this series. Providence will need the line of @SpruceMoose91 , @Drake0807 , and @DatsyukianxDeke to come up big. This line was impressive to end off the year after an incredibly slow start. Look for them to continue their play into playoffs in attempt to knock off the top seed.

Prediction: Lehigh Valley in 6.

Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins (1) vs. Hershey Bears (3)

I think this is the best first round matchup in the entire AHL. WBS finished second in the division, finishing one point behind LHV after losing a Game 82 thriler to end the season. @Hilly and co. made some very good mid season deals in acquiring the likes of @IlFox and @Und3rsh0tkid87. WBS has a solid goalie tandem, led by @l Scopes x l20l posting another impressive season. This team has the potential to be very dangerous in the East with 3 strong lines.

Hershey finished the season with 109 points (tied with WBS) for a 3rd place spot in the division. Hershey was also able to take advantage of some mid season moves, acquiring @Dan Hutton , @Volt x and getting NHL send down @trevwings , who have all performed well for Hershey. Playing with some of these guys last season, I know they have a potential to be dangerous. @Brassard x 16 continued off his Eddie Shore season with an incredible 20-4-2 record with a +30. Hershey is deep down the middle as well with both @xCROSBYx l87l and @v FrosTiC having good seasons at the C position.

Prediction: Hershey Bears in 7.

Eastern North
    Laval Rocket (1) vs. Rochester Americans (4)

Laval was able to finish atop of the division pretty comfortably, finishing with 11o points. The Rocket are led by their management team of @Provorov x 9 , @Lorenzo x 24 and @Modemizer , with the addition of @rG Breezyy . This is one of the best lines in the AHL, as I found out the hard way. (https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums.../league&action=league&page=game&gameid=462932)
    The @x Jonny 97x , @Kelly x 74 and @GroceryStickl5l trade mid season added some depth but the team seems to be lacking after that.

Rochester finished with 96 point, good for 4th in the North. @xNazzy19x and @General Jobo were the leaders of the team at both ends of the ice. The Americans are little lackluster up front in scoring with only one player eclipsing the 70-point mark, but this shows the ability of their D and goalie to lockdown teams down with little scoring help to win games.

Prediction: Rocket in 5

Utica Comets (2) vs Binghamton Devils (3)

Utica finished second in their division with 99 points. They are led up front by @LG McDonald and @l Mackie l , even though we know Brodie is getting some friendly help from EA. Impressive rookie campaigns from @XxSgtSketchiexX on the point rounds out a solid D core. Utica lacks some depth after their top line, so they are going to need another line to step it up during playoffs. Expect guys like @Joonetic and @TacTic MaRio to have some success if Utica is to make any run this playoffs.

Binghamton finished 2 points behind Utica (97 pts) and led offensively by @Sanctifiy who posted a very impressive season, finishing with 17 wins and 88pts. Devils seem to have more depth throughout their three lines compared to Utica, having 9 players finish above 15 wins, including @Mt Willard , @l HowieDoo l and @I Am Wonger posting good individual seasons. Devils could be a dark horse of the playoffs if availability and if they are able to get hot at the right time. Also, expect @iReeva to steal a game if needed at some point this series.

Prediction: Binghamton Devils in 6

Western Central

Manitoba Moose (1) vs. Iowa Wild (4)

First off, obvious disclaimer as Manitoba is my team so I’ll try and avoid any bias. Manitoba had a great season, winning the Presidents trophy with 137 points. This is @Im4thLineWorthy's 3rd straight Presidents Trophy, however, previous seasons had ended in early playoff exits. Manitoba has the best top line in the league, and with a solid D core and depth throughout the team, I expect them to take this series. Goalies have held their own in the regular season and predict them to do the same in this matchup.

Iowa has had an impressive season themselves, holding their own in the West putting up 96 points, @l Murray x 30 l is one of the better goalies I have played this year and he has put together a solid squad. Iowa has depth throughout their lineup, but the lack of a top line to compete with Manitoba’s will hurt them in this series.

Prediction: Manitoba Moose in 5.

Cleveland Monsters (2) vs. Colorado Eagles (3)

Cleveland finished second in the Central with 118 points. Cleveland is pretty stacked up front with the likes of @Gunwoat, @l Gentry l and @BullBreed333 continuing success from last season. Newcomers @Hammy x 27 and @Dublaga have been impressive as well, putting up good wins and points. Mid season moves have improved the D core in Cleveland, including @heD HonChO, @RickyBee2 and and @S2NxPuckStopp3r. This team could be scary if they get hot during playoffs.

In all honesty, after a couple questionable moves mid-season, I wrote Colorado off. I guess @Potsy44 knew what he was doing because they stayed competitive and improved to 3rd in the division after the trades, finishing with 99 points. Acquiring defenseman @xWallyMacx is massive, as he has been one of the best defenseman all season. Sadly, I don’t see much depth on their roster compared to the depth Cleveland has up front.

Prediction: Cleveland in 5.

Western Pacific
    Stockton Heat (1) vs. San Jose Barracuda (4)

Stockton finished 1st in the division, and second in the entire AHL with 125 points. Offensively they are led by the human backpack @im just a squid , who just missed the 100 point mark. Defense is their strongest asset, with the likes of @Axey19 and @Bellx91 posting fantastic seasons. Rookie campaigns from @KrawcH v2 , @euroxhalfer , @Granpapuff420 and @xxpeteymacxx have helped Stockton become incredibly competitive all year. Expect this team to be solid every game and put up a fight through all 3 lines.

San Jose (M8lads) Barracuda were able to post an impressive 107 points this season, only good for 4th in the division due to a stacked Western Pacific (RIP Texas who would have made playoff in any other division but their own). They are led by their management team of @Brisan66 , @Dunks and @Malchesky . Impressive rookie campaign from @X OnCloudNine X gave the Cuda a good boost from the point this season. Trades over the season including @Neil x 25 , @I TeMoZ I , and @Mitchy Marns added depth for their D core. I expect this to a very good series all around, but the Cuda to fall short due to the strong D core and goaltending of Stockton

Prediction: Stockton in 6.

Ontario Reign (2) vs San Diego Gulls (3)

Ontario finished off with 115 points, good for 2nd in the division. The Reign have one of the deepest forward cores in the entire AHL, with three solid lines including the infamous @KSPx11 and @Averageboy duo, as well as newcomers to the AHL like @K40Sx ELiTEz and @TS Duchy . Their D core is solid as well, with 4 defenseman posting 15+ wins. P3king between the pipes has been solid in his first season as a goalie.

San Diego finished with 111 points and have a very deep roster like the Reign. The Gulls gave 9 players with 15+ wins on the team, showing skill on all 3 lines. Goalie tandem of @xx BROWN xx31 and @LAZYKIDZinGA has been solid as well. Think both the Reign and Gulls are capable of making deep playoff pushes and this series is going to be good.

Prediction: Ontario Reign in 7 (plus OT in Game 7 as a bonus pick)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    • Like x 20
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    lyonsx63
  2. Hutty x

Hutty x Hutty x#0567

Ratings:
    +711 / 138 / -101
    • Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Stoner x 95

Stoner x 95 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 43 / -59
    Golfing consultant here

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    Well so much for me doing a predictions thread :(

No Streaming Account
  5. l HowieDoo l

l HowieDoo l Pylon here!!

Ratings:
    +1,461 / 57 / -75
    Great write up

• Like Like x 1
    HowieDoo
  6. JiveTurkey__91

JiveTurkey__91 Im Great Just Ask Me

Ratings:
    +323 / 86 / -86
    No mention of Cleveland’s top scorer :mad:

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    JiveTurkeyx91x
  7. MiIes75

MiIes75 Bender

Discord:
    miies75#0
    Ratings:
    +59 / 24 / -26
    nice write up.

• Like Like x 1
    miies75
  8. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181
    You are fake news

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Stoner x 95

Stoner x 95 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 43 / -59
    Thank you, I was also expecting a shoutout myself

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  10. Tolvanen l11l

Tolvanen l11l 78 Overall Fringe Starter

Ratings:
    +206 / 13 / -32
    Stockton Cuda series is going all 7 games.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Scumbag Jared

Scumbag Jared #7

Ratings:
    +315 / 15 / -19
    Good writeup Steven

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Jarome 83

Jarome 83 Well-Known Member