S31 Goonderk Media Poll

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, Oct 3, 2018.

?

What format would you enjoy the most for a new media series?

1. Write-up

2. Youtube

3. Twitch

4. Podcast

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    What's up doods. I know I said I wouldn't be doing a lot of media this season, but I love you all so much that I've decided to help out again. In addition to some other things, I am planning on doing a series similar to Elliotte Friedman's "31 Thoughts". My question to you is, what format would you enjoy seeing more?

Option one is the good ol' classic write-up that you all should be familiar with. Pros would be you won't have to look at my face or hear my voice and less of a strain on the old data plan I would assume compared to other forms of media. Cons? Well, you gotta know how to read. "Read? What are you? A fkn doctor?"

Or I could record it during the day and post a video to youtube (and post it to the LG forums) which essentially would flip the pros and cons. You gotta see and hear me, but at least you won't have to learn how to read before the season starts.

Write-up means less time on the toilet at home, so less time for your mom to worry that everything isn't ok in there. Video means more time on the toilet at work AKA getting paid to watch a video about a virtual hockey league. Mixed feelings here.

Other options, maybe I could live stream it on twitch, but a live stream wouldn't exactly be at everyone's convenience. Or I could just record my voice and add it into a podcast, but no juicy visuals amirite. I'd say I'd lean towards the first, too, but I'd be happy to do any of the four (or anything else anyone can think of) if the community would rather that. Any other ideas or suggestions comment below. Thanks doods.

No Streaming Account
  2. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Love the write ups... they are quick and easy to read and you can just skip around like how you're supposed to read. Would love an occasional video where you and a panel can discuss what's going on in the league but if you are sticking with the same format at last season dont change a thing

• Like Like x 3
    ReallyGooodDad
  3. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    Write ups are always a classic, but love a good radio show/podcast. I enjoyed them being right after the week ended as the trade window opened. More of an authentic feel to the league when the trades were “breaking”.

footenhl
  4. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    If you do a podcast please have @Pattelite as your cohost

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. P4ttelite