S9 LGHL Hot Takes (Playoff Edition)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by PrometheusXVII, Dec 16, 2018.

1. PrometheusXVII

PrometheusXVII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    Alright everyone, so in an effort to do something a little different, I've come up with a very quick, consumable playoff preview that I hope you find interesting/entertaining.

But before we get into what I think, I figured it'd be fun to ask people around the league what they thought. Here's what came back:

S9 LGHL Hot Takes (Playoff Edition)

What team is the most likely to experience the biggest upset?

JClaus33:
    I think San Jose or Calgary are probably the most likely to get upset. Not that I really expect it to happen, but I think the Kings are just very solid and I don't know how well built for the playoffs Calgary is. I could be totally off though.

Vish-B: I believe that Calgary will experience the biggest upset considering they’re on pace to win the western conference. If they do win the conference they will face either Minnesota or Vancouver, both teams capable of beating them in the first round.

McLxvinn: Colorado. I think Theos and Akon are completely capable of going 2-0 as they are one of the hottest lines in the league and play really well together. Colorado's top lines have also struggled a little bit this season when compared to the last couple of amazing seasons they've had.

Bo-Dangles10: The team that will experience the biggest upset is the Colorado Avalanche. They have an unbelievable offence but their defense can be a bit of an issue.

Bonwl: Hard to call it an upset because the devils put up 117 points, but I wouldn’t be shocked if the 2nd place Capitals lose in the first round. They're one of the top lines in the league but their depth is lacking in my opinion.

TKonecnyX11: I think that the Colorado Avalanche does not have enough role players to go as far as they used to.

What team is most likely to be the Cinderella story of S9?

JClaus33: If there's going to be a Cinderella story this season, it's going to come from the west. There are too many powerhouses in the east for a lower team to scrape through this season. If I had to pick I'd say Edmonton. If they can win their 1st round series against Colorado, they'll have 2 very winnable series' after that to get to the finals.

Vish-B: I think that the Kings will have a Cinderella-like story in the playoffs. Goostav built a really underrated squad and a lot of people overlook them. Their forwards are legit all the way down to the 3rd line and the team will be a tough 1st round matchup for anyone. Look out for them.

McLxvinn: Edmonton. I only believe this because they finished in the 7th spot (granted they could've finished 2nd if they were in the central), but i think they will go on a nice little run.

Bo-Dangles10: I think the biggest Cinderella story will be a team like Edmonton that has a ton of skill and probably should have finished higher than a wildcard spot.

Bonwl: St. Louis Blues. 3rd lowest point total of any playoff team but I think they’re much better than their regular season numbers. Fool and Giroux can beat any line in the league.

TKonecnyX11: The New Jersey Devils. They come in with the best defensive team and have 3 solid fwd lines to add to it.

Who are you surprised didnt make the playoffs this season?

JClaus33: Definitely both Arizona and Tampa Bay. Consensus top tier teams before the season and both flopped unbelievably hard.

Vish-B: NHL 19 is a weird game, but there’s no excuse for certain teams to miss out on the playoffs. Watching Vegas essentially go from being one of the hottest teams early on to a mess in the later weeks was tough to see. Jay built a really good squad and they were actually winning games until who knows what happened. But with all that being said, the western conference was definitely weaker compared to the east and Vegas should’ve made the playoffs.

McLxvinn: Arizona. Going into this season I viewed them as a team that would be really successful having Kingclutch and hriiz as a management duo. They've made good teams in the past and are both good players, I was shocked to see them have as poor of a season as they did, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Bo-Dangles10:
    I think the biggest surprise is a team like Boston not making the playoffs even though they were in the picture all season.

Bonwl: Based on pre-season expectations I’d say Arizona. King Clutch and Hriiz as free contracts should have been auto-playoffs. Based on how the season played out I’m shocked Vegas went from 2nd in the West mid-season to missing the playoffs. Still not sure what happened there.

TKonecnyX11: I was really surprised to see the Golden Knights from the outside looking in. They had solid free contracts and lots of solid role players.

Thank you so much to @JClaus33, @McLxvinn, @Bo-Dangles10, @bonwl, @TKonecnyX11 and @vish_b for helping out!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 20
    No Streaming Account
  2. Krazy-try

Krazy-try Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -5
    Good write-up but you have twice the same quote from @Bo-Dangles10

• Like Like x 2
    Krazy_try
  3. PrometheusXVII

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    Thanks! Edited it out.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Kroeger71

Kroeger71 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Kroeger71#9422
    Ratings:
    +223 / 10 / -38
    Why is there a guy in the AhL doing these NHL hot takes? I’m confused.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    TKonecnyX11 ...... who?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Krvstoffer
  6. PrometheusXVII

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    Imadoer... He watches the LGHL closely and I thought it'd be fun to get an outside opinion. After all, he won't be managing in the AHL after this season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    Because his last nhl stint was solid..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    :confused::confused::confused:

He didn't miss by much but S6 88 42-36-4, did finish .500
    S5 though 82 53 23-52-7

TrooperPetterson
  9. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    Also quit on his team mid season.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. PrometheusXVII

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    Oi veyyy, I asked him for an outside perspective. Is that really the only thing that people are dwelling on?

No Streaming Account
  11. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    :toxic:

TrooperPetterson
  12. xDoer3

xDoer3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoer3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,477 / 34 / -102
    First of all i never quit on my team mid season, never will. I was asked to give my opinions take it as you wish. After all forums like this shouldnt be taken to heart as its just a guess. @PrometheusXVII keep doing you buddy

No Streaming Account
  13. xDoer3

xDoer3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoer3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,477 / 34 / -102
    I took over post deadline s5 . I only take full responsibility s6

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. SilKyy_97

SilKyy_97 Well-Known Member