Scheduling Procedure - Community Input

Discussion in 'Official News' started by l KaV l, Oct 29, 2014.

?

Scheduling Procedure

Poll closed Nov 7, 2014.
  1. A (see below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. B (see below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. C (see below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    Hey guys,

We are asking for community input in regards to some possible rule changes.

Please complete the poll so we can have a better understanding of what you want.

Thanks.

OPTIONS:

A) Leave it as is, Teams need to have the week submitted by Sunday 8 PM

B) Management has the choice to give their players lots of notice or none at all, lines need to be at least submit and correct 1 hour prior to game time

C) Remove Scheduling Restrictions all together besides the starting 18 players are entitled to 50% of games each week and lines need to be correct before game time for stat purposes.

Sorry options were to long to fit into the poll

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  2. DoX Thibeault

DoX Thibeault Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tbotime#0
    Ratings:
    +126 / 6 / -8
    I think it is very hard on managers because they are dealing with 10 other people each game. Peoples schedules are always changing so its really hard to deal with.

Tbo10
  3. l KC97 l

l KC97 l Gahbage

Discord:
    lkc97l#0
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2
    I think it would be even harder to get guys on if they find out an hour before the game

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    IMO all these rule changes just make IT look like you support owners being lazy. It's not that hard to get the schedule done by Sunday. If u work or have other commitments be the best owner in the league and get it done even earlier.....

5. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    what about a rule if a team has players available they are not allowed to run with under 11. there is no position lock for that reason no tonight for example 5/7 teams are doing this at 9 and tot hasn't set lines at all

6. Ao I DiLo

Ao I DiLo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    Not all players will allow owners to play them at a position they did not sign up for.

OutlawsFCTV
  7. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    I agree but in real futbal if you dont have players to play a position you move somebody to the position. the league is growing don't restrict it

8. Ao I DiLo

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    Right. But what I mean is. It's a players right thing. They have the choice to deny an owner doing that.

OutlawsFCTV
  9. Rusty l 3 l

Rusty l 3 l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    C)......

No Streaming Account
  10. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Yes I forgot article 6.3- lazy win driven owners... Not saying liverpool is guilty of this but it's honestly a joke not have 11!

11. Lx_Maxwell_xI

Lx_Maxwell_xI ImJeff is my best friend.

Ratings:
    +741 / 13 / -13
    No way to enforce this, so I'm going to say no.

MaxwellOnline
  12. Ao I DiLo

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    You can't force players. HOW IS IT LAZY.

OutlawsFCTV
  13. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    It tells you... It also tells you when owners delete people from sign ups because in hockey you needed to do this for the ocr pic to work more effective. If teams aren't playing with 11 then go and look at the game log it should tell you there. Follow your laid out warning protocall and bob is your uncle we have 11 on 11 more times than we are now

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  14. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    So if your team is that full of douches nobody can move around you and your Gm play the spots or trade the tools for other players . It's lack of owner roster moves that is why it is lazy

15. Lx_Maxwell_xI

Ratings:
    +741 / 13 / -13
    Still no way to enforce this lol Because if the owner removes someone who actually isn't on, with your new rule, the owner and manager get suspended. Doesn't make sense. We aren't going to add rules like that right now, so people need to realize for this Beta season we most likely be requiring 11 to play. Going forward we will obviously, but for some teams it's not realistic.

MaxwellOnline
  16. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    If somebody doesn't show up they get a warning. Click view lines next Sunday and I'll bet most teams have atleast 4 subs and play with 8 or 9. If they have no subs listed and they take somebody out of the lineup that would be just as easy to see. they wouldn't get penalized.

17. Lx_Maxwell_xI

Ratings:
    +741 / 13 / -13
    That's awesome that they have 4 subs, some guys don't get on if they aren't scheduled. Just because they have subs on the site doesn't mean they are online lol. Life happens, so if a guy messages you before the game, or in a manner management deems "timely" after the game, then there won't be complaints filed.

Please just stop looking for rulebook wins. I know 0-2-6 is frustrating, but winning in the manner you appear to be trying to isn't the way you really want to win. People want to play. Even if it is 11v8, no one wants to show up and not play. Their are a lot more negatives to implementing a rule like this than good, so I doubt it ever happens this season, and maybe next. Hopefully I'm wrong and next season we can have something like this, but for this season let's just play.

MaxwellOnline
  18. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    If we follow this line of thought, we will never get a league full of good fullbacks. This is another reason for the flexibility with no position lock.

I agree it's not an easy task finding willing and skilled fullbacks especially if either winning a lot of games (always on offense) or losing alot of games (always on defense). However that is no excuse. It comes with the territory as an owner/gm. You should be able to maintain relations with individuals and team....and other teams so you can make moves, make good choices in position / player swaps. It's part of building a team.

If we can't find good owners able to do these things, our league won't be taken seriously by those interested (never been in a league..or those in other leagues). Keep in mind this is a Beta Season. That means those of us new to Ownership / Management (even staff positions)...thus us the time to learn. ..and even make mistakes...hopefully not really bad ones. But they do happen. Talk to other owners. See if and 3 way deal can be done. Look for players you want to trade for that can do what you want. Trust me...no one wants to spend the season being traded everywhere. Players at some point have to realize they need to learn other positions. ..or at least try. Managers need to learn to find what they don't have and staff need to help build management's skills. A well rounded league takes time. Be often, work the grind at your roles.

What does this gave to do with scheduling? Everything. There is enough time as is to find and schedule players. Loosening the rules will only result in a weaker league structure. Do this and it will be the first of many...and progress/development will be minimal at best.

Stick to the structure, build the league... that includes player/position & game strategy development.

Bottomless_Pit
  19. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    I Agree and Disagree.... I think a lot of us playing here are just accustomed to how the LGHL rules are and how micro managed and restricting it can be.

I don't think scheduling really impacts the league to greatly in the sense of actually playing and the outcome of games etc. guys can either play or they cant, If Management wants to do their lines Sunday do it, if they want to do it an hour before do it... This rule does not change the fact players do still have a deadline to submit availability, so Management can still see who is available when, also realize it is common sense if you schedule someone an hour before the game and they don't show that is more management's fault for the lack of notice and not the player. we are just giving you guys the option now, and this will be noted I am sure when or if changes are made.

now If we say you can play 2 v 11, that is something that wrecks the integrity and development of the league... might as well just play co-op vs

I am not saying scheduling is not important, but the main reason for it is to let people know when they play and so team's can do stats and make sure the right player's get credit, if player's are not getting their required games it is easy to take a snapshot of your team's weekly line-up and submit proof your not getting scheduled if that is the case, but at this point we have more complaints about incorrect lines then guys not getting playing time..the scheduling section truly has no effect on the actual outcome of the game being played. I think we just have to learn where to pick our battles and what really needs to be fixed (Transfer Money, Stats Page with SOT & SOG etc.) which you guys brought to my notice and I forward to get corrected, its the things like that we really need to focus the energy on, find and fix. having a fully functional league is what is going to help with development, not when lines have to be in by.

Like BP said we are all relatively new and we have beta seasons to not just work out our kinks but things we may need to change and get Tris to help as well... its a big, slow, process to be honest, we just need to be a little patient and try things before judging sometimes... we can always change things back or implement a new idea if we still are having issues.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lx_Maxwell_xI

Ratings:
    +741 / 13 / -13
    No one will want to do management in a start up league if they get suspended/removed because of things that could be out of their hands. Just doesn't make sense with the numbers we have right now. Hopefully next season, but definitely down the road, 11v11 will be mandatory. Right now it just isn't realistic.

Besides...

[​IMG]

I think you 2 need to focus your energy on things other than trying to make us create rulebook wins for yourselves.

MaxwellOnline
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.