Scy’s Thoughts: S13 Post Bidding Part I - Worst Contracts

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by PrometheusXVII, Feb 5, 2020.

1. PrometheusXVII

PrometheusXVII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    [​IMG]

What’s up everyone! I’m back with media after taking a season break for a multitude of different reasons. I know how depraved of good media everyone has been without me so I just had to come through with a fan favorite. My worst bidding contracts article!

Let’s jump in!

Number 13: @Scy-93 - C - $4 mil

oMg hE pUt HiMsElF oN HeRe WhAt Da EFFFF!

Yes, I put myself on here. This is the first season I’ve ever been paid around what I personally believe my value is. I got this contract coming off my worst season since my cluster fuck of a rookie contract. When you combine this with the fact that, when my teams manage to somehow make playoffs, I basically don’t show up (prior to last season of course ;) ) it's all down hill from here. However, I didn’t include myself due to an apparent league-wide perceived lack of talent. No, I included myself due to a league-wide perception about me being toxic. I am legitimately thought to be at risk of getting banned at all times. Is that worth the $4 mil risk especially when considering you have to bring in the Class Acts, Fogs and Jakoos of the world for me to play with? You be the judge.

Number 12: @lVlr T 16 - LD/RD - $6 mil

Turmoilz is no doubt a solid player (if you go off what all of his friends say), but last time I played with him (S10 LG), I honestly felt like he just wasn’t good. His last 2 seasons on PSN saw him post 12-12-2 and 9-14-4 records respectively. He was solid this past season on XBOX, posting a record of 16-6-3, but he is right around the .500 mark in both leagues. Definitely not what I would personally consider a $6 mil D-man but I think he might be able to put together a solid season considering Washington looks pretty good.

Number 11: @i9-Stamkos-1i - LW - $9 mil

Stamkos is by no means a bad player. In fact, at a career 2.09 points per game, I’d say he’s one of the better players in the league. He was pretty solid last season, going 17-8-3 with 64 points while playing for NYR’s top line. However, this season, @MikeyD I7I chose not to resign him and instead went with the slightly cheaper @Xx LoL xX9. I’ve only played a handful of games with him over the years so I really can’t say whether he’s worth more, but just looking at stats and games, he shouldn’t have been much more than last season’s $6 mil and I don’t think he’ll have a repeat of last season’s performance either.

Number 10: @j_marz25 - C - $7 mil

I want to preface this one by saying I love Jack. He’s one of the nicest dudes in LG. He also used to be one of the sickest players around. That being said, I really don’t believe he’s got it anymore..at least not enough to warrant a $7 mil bid. His last season he posted a 13-12-1 record with an abysmal 45 points. However, he was playing with other dudes who should have hung up the skates a long time ago too. When looking at the Chicago roster, you can definitely build a decent top line involving Jack. The question is will he help or hurt this line? I really hope he helps it because I don’t want to include him at the end of the year.

Number 9: @TMills71 - RW - $7.25 mil

Talon is another guy I really like on a personal level. He’s a really good dude with sick thumbs but he has never produced at a level (in LG) deserving of a contract of this magnitude. Owning a 2.02 points per game, but finding a constant inability to perform at a high level both against top lines and in playoffs, he has an all time record of 102-8-13. Give me Talon for $4-$4.5 and then we’ll talk. Sorry buddy.

Number 8: @zCluutchh__ - LD - $5.75 mil

He probably saw this one coming. Clutch is probably top 3 in my books in terms of thumbs. The things this guy is able to do on the ice is nothing short of magical. That being said.. He has a strong aversion towards the D zone. Anytime he helps backcheck he can be seen in the corner of his room looking defeated coughing up blood. I don’t see this defense experiment going well for you but surprise all of us Jonathan.

Number 7: @Pezdemic - C - $5 mil

As long as this guy keeps getting conties over $500k he’ll keep making my lists. He’s trash and stays in the NHL solely because he can pull west 90% of the time (the other 10% of course he magically disconnects while loading into the game). He’ll continue to find success as long as he continues to abuse the ever living fuck out of 3rd lines and ecus on west connection.

Number 6: @Crafted-95 - RW/C - $8.75 mil

He had one good season where the vast majority of his points came from shitpumping shitters (including me one game, yikes). His first season was just bad. I’ve played with and against him a lot in draft games (where we all mostly fuck around) and never thought he’d go over $4-$5 mil. San Jose looks pretty solid so he’ll definitely have decent talent around him, but I see this contract hurting them a lot over the long haul.

Number 5: @Carm95 - C - $7.75 mil

Carm is a nice enough guy and he’s always found a large amount of success no matter where he plays, no matter his role (owner, gm, player, etc). But take a deep look at his games, wins, losses, blowout wins, etc. More than 75% of his points the past few seasons have been from big blowout wins against people I quite frankly have never even heard of. I’m sure if you go back and look at his career games you’ll find a very similar pattern. When you combine this with how poorly he played in every scouting game (many managers who will not be named have said they wouldn’t bid $500k on Carm, which is going a bit of a stretch) then you have a very bad recipe for failure in CBJ (especially if you include the other abhorrent contracts we’ll get to later)... RIP CBJ :(

Number 4: @Malkxn71 - RD - $4.25 mil

Malkin is another nice guy who really doesn’t deserve this but he has to be on this list. He damn well knows it too. He’s coming off arguably his best season where he went 13-10-2 with 27 points on defense which would put him in a tie for 24th in the league among D-men. Not bad at all. Malkin is a bit of an oddity when it comes to his skill level as one game he’ll look like a top pair D-man and the next he’ll look like an AHLer. I honestly feel like he could find mildly consistent success on a $2 mil contract with a solid defensive LD and a backchecking C. That being said, $4.25 mil is WAY too much for a guy with stats that say he should be in the AHL.

Number 3: @BigSniper-25 - RW/C - $11.5 mil

Tommy is probably the most toxic player in the league (and this is coming from me of all people), so it should come as no surprise that his big contract would make this list. There is an extensive library of footage involving Tommy screaming at his teammates, fellow managers, owners, etc. Toxicity aside for just a moment.. Skill-wise, I don’t think this is a TERRIBLE contract (although he shouldn’t be close to McLovin or above Kushnasty for that matter). I’d go $8-$9 mil on him.

Now back to his toxicity… I've already touched on his fighting with teammates and such, but it is really, really bad.. To the point where I felt like he should have been banned by now. In bidding he should receive the scy treatment and be as cheap as $5 mil simply because it is a very huge risk having this guy on your team. When pairing all of this with an owner like @ScooTz-10 who at times can be extremely temperamental, let's not pretend there are more ways than one for this to end. It rhymes with very glad, but it ain’t gonna be a happy ending. At least it'll be interesting though… kind of like watching Antonio Brown and Jerry Jones fight over who should sit in the front seat and all of us are along for the ride.

Number 2: @mattkiinnoo - RW - $8.5 mil

Before I really get into this doozy of a contract, I just wanted to say this: VG is a talent-less cesspool full of guys who either couldn’t, or can’t, hack it in LG. There are several exceptions to the rule but mattkiinnoo certainly isn’t one of them. He consistently leads VG in points and goals by a wide margin but hasn’t found anything close to the same success here. A career 29-20-3 with 107 points is nothing to scoff at but $4 mil is much more appropriate.

Number 1: @Boughss - C - $9 mil

This one is a real head-scratcher. This was a day 1 $9 mil bid, not a final day desperation bid. By all accounts, Boughs is a solid player. Definitely a good 2C on a $4-$5 mil contract. I played a couple games with him awhile back and thought, “hey, this guy is solid. He’d be a great support guy on a top line.” Here we are a short while later and he’s got carry a line money. Arizona has a fairly talented roster so I don’t think this will hurt them as much as some other guys on this list, but man, this is a huge over payment.

Honorable Mentions

@eastons17 - LW - $10 mil

I personally feel like he’s pretty washed and Detroit looks pretty weak so I don’t think he’ll have a great season.

@BKerslake8 - LW - $9.5 mil

@vKB-_- (btw what the fuck is this -_- shit… what is this? 2010?) already touched on this in his article but I feel like I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn’t also mention it. Braden is close friends with Josh and sometimes you have to pay the friend fee. They have Josh and Jayce on free conties and a few other really solid contracts though so this won’t hurt them one bit.

@meka DVA meka - RW/C - $7 mil

He was fairly high on my list earlier. D-men transitioning to forward generally tend to struggle and I played a game or 2 with him on RW and it felt like he’d just be okay. But then I took a deep dive and found he had a very successful season on C so who knows, maybe he'll have a repeat performance playing with @DDW4.

S12 MTL Canadiens

I know it’s kind of the SCF winning effect (see @GhostMK’s abhorrent contract post banner raise) but there are some silly contracts coming out of this team as well. Probably the worst being @toslick for $1.5 mil (#ToSlick4ConnSmythe).

So Many Wingers

Honestly, there are so many bad winger contracts that I just didn’t feel like talking about them to avoid sounding like a broken fucking record. So, in no particular order here are all the bad winger contracts: Ringy, Goofy_indian, JohnKenne y01, alanscanucks, King_Formless, frite069, ItsRaGo, Eklipse33, OG-CrispyCreamy (LMFAO he probably should have made the main list!), jay6219, redflag33, random613, Clifton-75 (very very bad at forward and he knows it), so many more but I’m bored of this now.

Final Thoughts

Some people, depending on how their bidding went, will tell you this was a great or terrible session. There is a severe lack of mid tier talent to fill up 2nd lines this season, and it really shows with all of the crazy contracts. Don't get me wrong, there are certainly a few steals, but there are also way too many over payments.

Anyways, if you’re still reading I want to thank you for sticking through all of this. If you can’t tell, a pretty painstaking amount of work goes into all of this and I get nothing but the satisfaction of knowing I’m contributing to the league in return.

Lastly, I wanted to use this opportunity to talk about something that’s been bothering me about this community for a while now. We all know there’s a general lack of media being made. We get the preseason power rankings from people every season, which is nice but many of those articles, and many more similar articles, are often met with dumb votes (which should only be saved for the really bad troll posts) and abhorrently negative comments like “this media sucks.” Ironically, these same people are the ones complaining about the lack of media and things being done around the league.

Just two seasons ago, a new group decided to take it into their own hands to do the awards given the long drought and they were met with pretty harsh criticism about how poorly it was done by members of the previous regime and their friends. This season, when that new team decided to try to do them again, they were met by pretty tough criticism again and ceded control back to the old group who wanted to try doing them again. Setting aside the fact that this may have been justified or not, it matters more that people are actually encouraged to fill these roles so interesting content is created and things get done around here (still waiting for my cup guys :))

We all need to try to treat each other better and I definitely need to do a better job of that as well.

You can react to this article any way you like as this is meant to rile people up and I know that.

I’ll do something kind of fun however. If you up vote this article, I’ll do a few more different articles depending on the amount of up votes (each of the articles will generally be more positive in nature than this one):
    • 25 up votes for top 10 best bidding contracts
    • 50 up votes for an in depth analysis (250 words minimum each team) for the West
    • 100 up votes for an in depth analysis of the every team (except for the NY Islanders)
    • 200 up votes for an analysis on my own team
    I don’t expect any of these to be reached, but I think these articles along with others may be a good way to spark creativity in others who may want to help create meaningful content for this community, and maybe just spread some positivity.

I’d like to thank Prom for editing and posting this, you’re the best.

If you want to discuss anything here, pm me on Discord: Scy#3343

- RIP Kobe Bryant

• Like Like x 95
    • Winner Winner x 13
    No Streaming Account
  2. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Deep Dive missed these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But honestly good write up, great when people do media

• Like x 1
    • Troll x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    Nybarisny
  3. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,298 / 21 / -57
    God I love locker room material

• Like Like x 1
    mt98
  4. Crafted l95l

Crafted l95l Clapping Bots Bro

Ratings:
    +227 / 33 / -23
    thanks man

• Like Like x 2
    crafted95
  5. SirGab-

SirGab- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SirGab#3480
    Ratings:
    +256 / 4 / -16
    Thanks god im not in it

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    sirgab02
  6. JHughes86-

JHughes86- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    frann8686#0
    Ratings:
    +78 / 3 / -19
    No Streaming Account
  7. BIakeL97L

BIakeL97L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 16 / -108
    10/10

blakedangles
  8. APX x 93

APX x 93 APX x 93

Discord:
    APX x 93#6626
    Ratings:
    +615 / 65 / -102
    kinda surprised I'm not on here lol I'm legit in those threads every season

apxx93
  9. GhostMK

GhostMK Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GhostMK#8226
    Ratings:
    +205 / 3 / -11
    Wouldnt be a scy article without mentioning me somewhere ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    GhostMK_
  10. Pezdemic

Pezdemic Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pezdemic#4906
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1 / -0
    Holy shit I got roasted. I won't argue whether or not I'm shit, but I definitely don't scrub hunt or DC when I don't get west.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Pezdemic
  11. tdk_95

tdk_95 Wannabe RD

Discord:
    TDK_95#8433
    Ratings:
    +373 / 7 / -2
    Okay, but everyone get this to 100 and make Scy do rankings

• Like Like x 1
    TDK95
  12. GingerNHL

GingerNHL ELEET VS PLAYER HERE | Pronouns are Shee/Sh

Discord:
    Ginger#1826
    Ratings:
    +1,910 / 44 / -144
    one thing i never have to worry about being a part of

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    xGlNGERR
  13. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    good shit scy.

icallsowhat55
  14. STLstash

STLstash SoStLouis

Discord:
    stlstash#0
    Ratings:
    +262 / 5 / -30
    I play with @Pezdemic everyday.
    Never have i seen him scrub hunt or dc.
    If you talk shit come with facts.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    stlstash
  15. Boughss

Boughss Well-Known Member

Discord:
    boughss#0
    Ratings:
    +322 / 12 / -10
    I'll be the first to admit im overpaid, imo by about 2m, but yikes. Last time Scy played w me it was in NHL19 and not even at the same position.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  16. Born2skate_

Born2skate_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 3 / -6
    100% overpaid here! It’s crazy how LG lives in the past or base their opinions of who you play with. Only reason i’ve been drafted 5th overall back then is because i was playing with my best bud FOG. I have chemistry with my friends but ive never been worth of those absurds contracts ive been given on psn.I have played a total of 15 6s games on ps4 on 20 and yeah... it’s time for people to move on. I consider myself a solid shut down Dman, but 6 mills ? I don’t even have marathon unlocked.

Good write up scy

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    turmoilzzz
  17. PrometheusXVII

PrometheusXVII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    Love you buddy. Good luck this season!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. foxpresentation

foxpresentation Well-Known Member

Discord:
    fox presentation#6580
    Ratings:
    +404 / 2 / -1
    That's a great article. You clearly have put lots of work into it and it shows up. We need more articles like these, it's a good read and it gives something to talk about.

Hopefully, this will entice others to share their opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    fox_presentation
  19. Goofy_indian

Goofy_indian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 1 / -3
    I thought my DP contract of 2 mil was fine for only 60 points in a season lmao

No Streaming Account
  20. Keller I9I

Keller I9I Set your heart ablaze

Discord:
    its_kredy#0
    Ratings:
    +221 / 21 / -53
    pez doesnt scrub hunt lol do ur research buddy other than that great post love media

• Like Like x 1
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account