SEASON 34 CAROLINA HURRICANES STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by JClaus33, Jan 22, 2020.

1. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    WOW the PS4 boys really went and did the damn thing. What a team what a season from start to finish, this was probably the most dominant team I've ever put together, and I only had to make 4 or 5 trades total along the way. Pretty good to retain 13/17 players from our post-bidding roster. I'm thrilled with the squad we had from the start and we put it all together to finish on top.

First I just want to say big congrats to @D4D USA and the Avs on an outstanding season, you guys went through the ringer, including a reverse sweep versus the defending champs to get to the finals, and battled adversity all season. All the way up until the very last game you guys had your backs against the wall and never stepped down. Hell of a team

This is going to be a long post so strap in and get comfy. I like to write and I have a lot on my mind

:team74::team74::team74:
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

To my management partners @ScaryJoeyy and @Gwan I obviously couldn't have done this without you guys, running 2 orgs at once on 2 consoles is kind of insane to do and without you guys helping, Gwan especially, I might have lost my mind.

Special shoutouts as well to @HyperDeezNutz @FrenchMoron and @Goostaav; JP and Hyper were in our management chat all season and JP went above and beyond to help me out over the last 2 seasons. Our Philly org last season was fun but man I almost lost my marbles the first 3 or 4 weeks dealing with everyone on that team, and you were an insanely huge help for me both seasons on xbox. I helped you where I could but you were the brains behind your team going all the way to the finals this season, and in 2 seasons we've quickly formed in my mind the best NHL-AHL partnership on XBox.

@Goostaav the best fake frenchie out there. Like JP he saved me countless times last season when philly was struggling, he was always around to step in and help out. This season fortunately we didn't need to max out his ECU games but when things came up he was always around to help, and this man went 3-0 in the playoffs for us. (@Tris10 get his name on the cup please!!) Played like 5 different positions and never complained I really couldn't have asked for a better AHL duo these last two seasons. You guys have been amazing.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, on to our roster.

There are 2 guys that have been with me for the last 2 full seasons, the 1st being;
    @stammerchel - We've played nearly every game together the last 2 seasons, and although you were a great d man on PSN, we had our struggles last season, though that probably had a bit more to do with our linemates than us as we showed this season. Regardless, when you aren't limited by your bedtime, you've been a great guy to have behind me for 2 seasons, never once caused an issue or complained, and never been a problem at all. I really couldn't have asked for a better person to have and I'm stoked for our 3rd go around next season.

@EbonyFetishz - Brad, you are simultaneously the most aids teammate ever, and the best teammate ever. I've never seen someone flip the switch from batshit crazy to most supportive person out there quite like you. This was our 4th season together, and we've been together on one console at least for every season since S9 now. It says a lot about you that in 4 seasons I still haven't traded you, you're just the goat what else can I say. Pumped to have you back as well next season, and let's go win our 3rd cup together :)

My partner in crime and my running mate for as long as I can remember;
    @ryno1354 - We've been best buds since we were 15 and 16 grinding NHL 13 together, it amazes me we've lasted this long, but at the same time I'm not surprised at all. There is no better LW in this game than you when it comes to knowing how to create space away from the puck. We have unmatched chemistry and it should come as no surprise that we pretty much dominated together, in our first time truly playing together since PSN S2. We've been waiting a long time for this, and now we technically have our 3rd title together. I wish you wouldn't sell your xbox but regardless I know by now when you set your mind on something there's no changing it. So with that said, I'm just glad we got to play 1 season in the NHL together, and it went about as well as it could've quite frankly. Love you pal and can't wait to see you again this summer.

To my other linemates;
    @Archon Assassin - We've been roasting him all season and he asked me to just give him this moment, so I'll be serious about him for once. I traded for Archon last season as a throw in to a massive 20 player deal with Boston, and ended up enjoying playing with him down the stretch. We did pretty well together, even though it was me dragging around him and an ECU every game, we won some games, and I knew I could win a lot if I brought him back to 3rd wheel my line. That didn't quite go as planned as instead of being able to RW with Ry and me off the start, I had you switching positions and lines all over the place. You didn't complain about that and you can take a joke better than almost anyone I've ever come across on this site. I mean this team didn't let you hear the end of it, given you were our 9th best NHL forward, and would've been our 10th best NHL forward. You took it all in stride and never once became a problem or an issue, which is why I fought to make sure you stuck around all season. Truthfully, I've loved having you as a teammate these last two seasons, and I'll be sad to see you go to some shit team for 4 mil next season. Not only will you be disappointed, but so will whoever actually bids on you. I'll miss you Baneet

@TheEnd7768 - I honestly had no clue what to expect when I slapped 500k on you before this season. It was pretty much a blind bid but you'd done well in the AHL so I figured we'd take a chance on you. Honestly you blew my expectations out of the water. Old man thumbs aside, you never got beat 1 on 1, you were always in good position, and I've never quite seen someone play as defensive with an OFD build as you do. Like Stammer you were sooo nice, and never caused any issues. Always supportive of the team in the chat, and in the parties you always picked us up when we were struggling. You should be the runaway Calder winner this season, and it's entirely deserved. Come to the NHL and put up a 28-6 rookie season with a cup win....my gawd. I've loved having you and you are clearly the superior Schreiner brother, don't let them forget that.

@ll GOHST ll - #MyVezina. Special thanks to @Krvstoffer for introducing me to you, before Season 11 on PSN. We played 1 scouting game together and I knew I was going to bid on you to RD with me. 2 seasons later you win an all star award on defense on one console and win the fucking vezina on the other. Nuts!! You were the best G in the league from start to finish this season, and it was never really even close. Even though you tried to cost the last few weeks by moving and playing on wi-fi you still shut the door for us and clutched up when we needed you. I fkn love you ALAN and can't wait for another season on PSN of dragging you around as my RD.

To our west guys;

@Diamond l 4 l - We've been battling it out the last few seasons in the same division on PSN, and it's always been 2 of the top 3 or 4 teams in the league playing in the 2nd round. Frankly I'm glad you finally wised up and headed out to the western conference. Look what happened when you and Senko finally did.
    Anyway, all those battles showed me just how sick of a player you are, and I tried insanely hard to trade for you from Pittsburgh last season, but when that didn't happen I knew if the opportunity came again, I wouldn't miss out. Getting you and Torts at the deadline really helped turn us from a contender with a good shot at winning the cup, to an all around powerhouse. Picking you up basically gave us 3 1st lines and was the difference maker in our season, imo. You are nasty on the sticks and even though I give you a hard time about our PSN matchups, I've always wanted to team up, and I'm pumped we finally got to. Look what happens! You carry whether it's west or east and you're still a baby, can't wait to see prime Morgy Morgs.

@AAli x 21 - Man oh man where do I start with you Ahraz. We started as teammates last season on PSN and went all the way to the cup finals game 7 before getting taken down by the Chi Town 2nd taggers. (Give us our cup Brodie) Honestly I know you didn't have the best wingers but I've never seen anyone choke easier matchups than you did last season on west host. It was insane to watch it happen. Regardless I still believed in you and even with your terrible avail this season I brought you back, after trading for you at last season's deadline. You helped stabilize our '3rd' line all season, with you bazzy brad and bud, later joined by diamond and colbs. Until west got broken mid-way through the playoffs, you guys were basically dominating everyone you played, no matter how good they were. Maybe next season you'll be my RW :eyes:

@Bazlund - We've been friends for like 4 years now and FINALLY we got to be teammates, after talking about teaming up for so long it finally happened. Can't wait for you to win the rocket next season, Bazzy Dunks. You are such an enigmatic dude but honestly so am I, so that must be why we get along so well, and have for so long. You randomly sending me pictures of a dog looking at me in disappointment, at 4am, never gets old. Honestly this sums up our relationship pretty well; upload_2020-1-22_19-32-1.png

@Compost06 - BC Bud the one and only. Shoutout to @cj142 for suggesting we pick you up in bidding last season. What a great call that was. Dealing with the aids of Philly, and playing with a line of the falcon-extendo-Bunz McToot and never once complaining about it. Honestly idk how you did it, then you had to go and play with brad on both consoles!! You are a trooper. Was a no brainer to bring you back this season and hopefully nobody bids on you this time so I can snag you for 500k again. Sometime soon I'll be bidding on your kids old man

@clutchcolbs x9 - Possibly the biggest acquisition of our season was snagging you from Ottawa at the deadline. Our goalie situation the first half of the season was fucked and you absolutely saved us. Anchored our west line from the back and stepped in when ghost's internet was giving out on him and you didnt skip a beat. Struggled vs Toronto but you clutched up in a huge way and slammed the door in a cup clinching game 6. Couldn't have asked for a better guy to have on the squad, you were awesome man.

Finally to the line that was our key to the cup;

@HyperDeezNutz - Hypah Snipah you got moved all around the lineup, playing all 3 positions, and just kept chugging right along. Finally settled in with Trev and Cohen after the deadline, and you 3 were just deadly together. I knew I could put you guys in any game vs anyone and we'd have a great shot at winning every time. Loved having you these last two seasons, can you believe this was our 3rd season together. Finally got the job done, and pumped to have you back again. Also was a blast having you in our management group this season, you did a great job with suggestions/ideas and keeping spirits up. @Ducksfanwaterloo is still better though.

@nehxC - xDefenestrate the half black HUT IP Booter, what a great addition you were for us this season. I didn't know you too well before this season but knew from @KingClutch x 77 that you were a good skilled player that just needed some skilled linemates to help you out. Had you with Trev basically the whole season and once you figured out xbox you guys became a dominant duo, turned trio with Hyper. Like I said with Hyper I knew I could throw you and Trev out against anyone and we had more than a good shot of winning. You were uber clutch in the playoffs, except for one little tiny thing.
    0-0 OT vs Toronto and he does THIS; https://clips.twitch.tv/BusyAveragePotatoRedCoat
    Shameful

@Mr Torts - What a heroic TDL acquisition you were man, Baz pushed for me to get you for weeks and finally the right trade presented itself, and you way exceeded my expectations personally. You slotted right in next to Gwan and just locked it down for the last 6 weeks of the season. I think together you guys only lost 1 game. You had a ton of great ideas and brought a lot of funny moments to our 'locker room'. Was a pleasure to get to know you and have you on my team. Can you believe this guy is a 3 time now??? Goddamn. Enjoy retirement goat.

Finally to my management partners;

@ScaryJoeyy - We have had soooo many battles over the past few years, and I feel like our names are constantly intertwined, so for me it only felt right for us to finally team up and do the damn thing together. You helped wherever I asked you to, and played a lot of hard games without much offensive help for half the season (Archon). Then go out and basically match your regular season point total, in the playoffs. I knew you'd be great when we needed it but really you were an awesome GM and we got along great. This wasn't my first time taking a GM who I wasn't really close friends with before, and I've had varying levels of success, but this was undoubtedly a home run. Couldn't have asked for anyone better. Pumped to run it back with you Trev. Undefeated playoff run check???

@Gwan - Finally to my right hand man, Gwanasaurus. Thanks for all your help this season, we had a pretty heavy debate pre-season about whether to go for you or @kcut in bidding. Neither one would've been a wrong choice but I have to say I was not at all disappointed to have you helping drive this ship instead of my (At the time) ESHL teammate, still love u Kyle. Anyway, with Trev I knew I'd be tasked with most of the day to day mgmt duty, with his hockey schedule, and I was more than fine with that. However, you came in from day 1 and stepped up to help with every aspect of the team, whether it was lines or trades or AHL moves, you were helpful with it all. Although you mostly played with Trev, I also made you play some big games with me too, so I essentially had you play all of our toughest games this season. I know it was a big ask but you never once gave me a hard time about it. Then when we got to playoffs, normally I always do lines by myself cause I think I know better than everyone else, but for the first time I sat back a little bit and let someone else take charge with line ideas, and then just made a small adjustment or comment here or there when I felt something needed to be changed. It was a very unusual experience for me, but one that I really appreciated. Thank you for all of your help this season, from start to finish.

I know this post is exceptionally long, but Gwan is dumb and superstitious and told me we couldn't do any kind of handshake threads unless we won, so I'm getting all of my thoughts out now.

Now for some words from my teammates;

GohstToday at 2:45 AM
    i would like to tell getmutedd that i love him

ryno1354Today at 10:58 AM
    Ps4 > Xbox @JClaus33

bradToday at 2:35 PM
    All these trophies no room on my shelf

BazlundToday at 2:50 PM
    Hazee has some room if you want to use it

@HazeeHype

stammerchelToday at 6:53 PM
    Make sure you thank wickedly moist and V a s l

bradToday at 6:56 PM
    Ya give wickedly moist a special shout out for me
    “Worst player brad has ever played with”

BcbuddToday at 6:56 PM
    Me to lol

bradToday at 6:56 PM
    “Worst player brad and bcbud have ever played with”

Anchor AssassinToday at 6:56 PM
    Did you mention my toe drag?
    “In a shocking display of skill I was left in awe as I witnessed amazing player and teammate Archon Assassin dick down Lutvi while on 120 ping. I’m truly blessed to have had him.”

Archon wanted me to write that about him but I want to be clear those are his words ^^

bradToday at 6:58 PM
    Special shoutout to scootz for buying out my ban

Anchor AssassinToday at 6:58 PM
    Shout out to Bren after he trash talked us and personally called out Stammer when he was traded

Mr TortsToday at 7:05 PM
    shoutout to Tarasenko for trading Diamond and I here
    and shoutout to Devin for bailing on me in the off-season then losing to me in the ECF

Dan the manToday at 7:25 PM
    can you also shoutout the flu for me

Gwan SmytheToday at 7:26 PM
    yea our line was the Flu line, really battled through adversity these loffs

ScaryJoeyyToday at 8:34 PM
    Yes the flu games from me and hyper
    nd
    Dan the manToday at 8:34 PM
    and gwan
    ScaryJoeyyToday at 8:34 PM
    That i love jayce

Also the team wants to give a shoutout to @Desjy99 for his presence in our chat all season. Couldn't have done it without him popping into our streams all the time, saying either 'Go Josh go' or, 'Go Gwan go'

Stammer also wanted to give a special shoutout to @Hxndry and this line from last season;
    https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums.../league&action=league&page=game&gameid=538463

Finally, I'm happy to announce our Conn Smythe winner.

Our leader on the back end all season, as I mentioned previously he was my right hand man. I counted on him in all of our big games, both regular season and playoffs, and he never complained, never caused an issue, and just went and dominated every game.

He went a perfect 7-0 in the playoffs, with 10 points from LD, took just 1 penalty and went +11 playing almost all of our must win games on this run. He never slipped up and went undefeated. 4 cups and finally a Conn Smythe to go along with it, congratulations to

@Gwan the GOAT

Thanks everyone for such an enjoyable season, we all had a blast, and we're ready to run it back one more time. We brought one home for my hometown squad...Let's go Canes!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 28
    • Like Like x 12
    JClaus33
  2. kcut

kcut Young God

Ratings:
    +99 / 9 / -13
    my dude just did a school project

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    T'was a pleasure. Let's do it again, maybe?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. ScaryJoeyy

ScaryJoeyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    scaryjoeyy#0
    Ratings:
    +434 / 49 / -43
    Best owner in the biz❤️

• Like Like x 2
    ScaryJoeyy
  5. Ryneauxx

Ryneauxx The RyGoat

Discord:
    Ryneauxx#2337
    Ratings:
    +409 / 18 / -41
    We’re hanging out again?:eyes:

Ryneauxx
  6. This_is_mint

This_is_mint This_is_mint

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -19
    Gratz everyone on the canes. Well deserved. Special shootout to my boy ghost. You are insane bro <3

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. GeT MuTeDD

GeT MuTeDD Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .mutedd#0
    Ratings:
    +164 / 3 / -14
    @ll GOHST ll good job champ, expected nothing less than your A game that series. I know first hand you can win the big games yourself. Congrats man!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Mr Torts

Mr Torts 3-time

Ratings:
    +380 / 29 / -11
    Thank you to @JClaus33 for taking a chance on me, while at the time I was (understandably) a throw in to land Diamond on the squad, I was thrilled to be a part of this team and contribute in a meaningful way. Also a shoutout to my S26 Sharks brothers @Gwan and @ScaryJoeyy, loved playing again with you two.

It's been a hell of a ride for me in lg, but this was my final season for at least the next two years while I finish graduate school; if not it was my final season ever. Never thought I'd end up becoming a three-time when I started in the CHL nearly 6 years ago. Thanks to everyone who's been a part of this and to everyone who runs lg, it's been a blast. This community can be tough sometimes but everyone here loves the game of hockey and just wants chel and this league to be the best it can be. And a big thank you to all of my teammates over the years who carried a shitter like me 3 cup wins.

Last shoutout to @Bazlund, been one of my best buds the past few years, from our time in pro series, to the S23 NYI cup, and running it back this season. I wouldn't have landed on this team if not for your persistence. I can't think of a better way to end my career then winning the cup clinching game with you.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. nehxC

nehxC Well-Known Member

Discord:
    d7cohen#0
    Ratings:
    +42 / 8 / -10
    Since when did I become the punching bag I need this clip deleted out of my life

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,458 / 325 / -613
    Well worth the read. Congrats :team74:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  11. HypaD-

HypaD- HypaD

Discord:
    HypaD#3352
    Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -2
    Thank you @JClaus33 for not snaking me this past season like you have many times before, you are an insane player as well as owner it was fun to play with a lot of good players and a bunch of my friends. This season marked 3 accomplishments. 1. You didn't snake me. 2. Showing you i can play RW. oh and 3. that cup.

• Like Like x 1
    Hyperd321
  12. Belial I19I

Belial I19I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +259 / 19 / -35
    Diamond and torts <3

• Like Like x 1
    Belial_I19I
  13. clutchcolbs

clutchcolbs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    clutchcolbs#5251
    Ratings:
    +73 / 11 / -5
    i forgot to mention i dedicate my cup win to @l Semp l @General Jobo
    thanks for being chill and moving me to a great team at the deadline!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    UncleMerIin
  14. ScaryJoeyy

ScaryJoeyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    scaryjoeyy#0
    Ratings:
    +434 / 49 / -43
    Farewell bog spaget im happy to share two rings with you

• Like Like x 2
    ScaryJoeyy
  15. Villy x31

Villy x31 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    villyx31#0
    Ratings:
    +30 / 5 / -8
    congrats canes :team74::team74:

• Winner Winner x 3
    villyx31
  16. Gwan

Gwan #9

Discord:
    gwan#0
    Ratings:
    +685 / 19 / -37
    3200ED11-50D5-44E8-BCC5-7B2A4EFF10C8.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gwan

Gwan #9

Discord:
    gwan#0
    Ratings:
    +685 / 19 / -37
    DB6D5F75-B815-4E2A-B880-9E0A352A973C.jpeg

Also just gonna leave this here :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. l Doughty l

l Doughty l Jeremy

Discord:
    Doughty#9625
    Ratings:
    +456 / 27 / -57
    Congrats Josh, sick team you made. Wish we could’ve doubled up on psn :( ).

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Doughtyy_NHL
  19. KingFormless

KingFormless Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +601 / 50 / -50
    No Streaming Account
  20. Focus TF

Focus TF CT 66 Makes Me Nervous.

Discord:
    focustf#0
    Ratings:
    +937 / 38 / -72
    Can we check the word.doc for word count and time check.

GiroFocus