Please Vote! Season 41 Anti-Award Leaders

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by l Bossy l x 22, Apr 2, 2022.

?

Who should win the Anti-Hunt?

1. Ppask

35.0%
  2. AP Nope

65.0%
  1. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    I was feeling pretty miserable today because life as a Mets fan is pretty rough, so I figured today would be a solid day to expose those who are having absurdly miserable AHL seasons so far! With only four weeks remaining in the season, plenty of these awards are still incredibly tight races. Without further ado, here are your current S41 Anti-Award Leaders!

Automatic Awards

Anti-Calder/Anti-Presidents

Co-leaders: Texas Stars & Syracuse Crunch
    (@JP NASTY @ALERGH @TanneyOkay & @Darthy WRLD @twilightx57x)
    [34 points each]

- Syracuse and Texas are both having absolutely miserable seasons, and they should continue to battle for the basement for the remainder of the season. Both of these teams stink, but they're actually on pace to finish the season with 60 points, which isn't that awful for the leagues worst team.

Jack A. Butterfingers Trophy
    [Awarded to the least valuable player on the worst team in the league]

Co-leaders: :team300:@JP NASTY & @Doobs Da Merc:team309:
    (2-12 with 10 points, -34 for JP & 1-11-3 with 7 points, -30 for Doobs)

- JP should have a leg-up here due to being an abysmal waste of a free contract this season... But I simply couldn't ignore the absurdly awful season that Doobs is currently experiencing.

EmiLe Francis Trophy
    [Worst team in the Eastern Atlantic]

Leader: Syracuse Crunch
    (@Darthy WRLD @twilightx57x)
    [14-26-6, 34 points]

- Spoiler alert: we're going to be seeing plenty of Syracuse in this thread...

The Broomchump Award [Worst team in the Eastern North]

Leader: Hartford Wolf Pack
    (@Swizz Wrld :hammer: @xKookz @Lil SkiBall4926)
    [17-26-3, 37 points]

- Ah the captain refusing to go down with his own sinking ship. Pathetic.

Richard F. "Cant"ing Trophy
    [Worst team in the Eastern Conference]

Leader: Syracuse Crunch
    (@Darthy WRLD @twilightx57x)
    [14-26-6, 34 points]

- When all, but one, of your forwards are 750K... You know your team is an absolute mess. Syracuse has scored the second fewest number of goals in the AHL on the season (110) and have given up the most goals in their division (163). A perfect recipe for Anti-Award success!

Sam PoLLock Trophy
    [Worst team in the Western Central]

Leader: Texas Stars
    (@JP NASTY @ALERGH @TanneyOkay)
    [16-28-2, 34 points]

- Another spoiler alert: We're also going to be seeing a bunch of the 'Nasty' Stars...

John "No" D. Chick Award
    [Worst team in the Western Pacific]

Leader: Stockton Heat
    (@Skoonee @oPhoonee @LukeScheff)
    [18-22-6, 42 points]

- Clearly the issue here is that Skoonee's and oPhoonee's paid AGM, LukeScheff, doesn't have a gamertag that rhymes with theirs... Surely there couldn't possibly be bigger issues in Stockton. Right?

Robert "No" W. Clarke Trophy
    [Worst team in the Western Conference]

Leader: Texas Stars
    (@JP NASTY @ALERGH @TanneyOkay)
    [16-28-2, 34 points]

- This team has been chalked since bidding ended. Might need an explanation from @Fleury l8l on why he thought these "Stars" would finish 12th in the league smh.

Automatic Individual Awards
    (12 GP minimum needed for award consideration)

John B. SoLLenberger Trophy
    [Awarded to the forward with the least amount of points on the season]

Leader: @JP NASTY
    (10 points in 14 GP)

- I don't feel like wasting many more words on JP or his Stars, so here's a "Nasty" meme for your enjoyment.
    CCCE38EF-0AFD-4212-8872-E7F5538EE505.jpeg

Runner-up: @Agostopolis:team395:
    (14 points in 12 GP)

- This random greek dude has been the runner up for the SoLLenberger for my first Anti-Award post in back to back seasons now... Clear proof that "Agostopolis" is greek for "I can't put up points."

Anti-Rocket Award
    [Awarded to the forward who scored the fewest goals in the regular season]

Co-Leaders: @Fedxrov:team518: @ALWAYS CARRlED:team2050: @BADxLARRY:team625: & @Neaverth:team299:
    (4 way tie with 4 goals each, yikes)

- This is impressive, and not in a good way.
    2891F736-3F2B-4B41-98BD-05374954F1EE.jpeg

Harry "Unhappy" Holmes Memorial Award
    [Awarded to the goalie who allowed the most goals during the regular season]

Leader: @Rittich x 33:team317:
    (112 GA in 28 GP)

- The Monsters have given up the most goals in the AHL (174), so this should come as a surprise to literally nobody. Certainly is scary for Rittich though.

Runner-up: @x Niicky x:team309:
    (101 GA in 27 GP)

- Poor "Little Nicky" is getting picked on by the entire AHL. Not one of Adam Sandler's best movies, and not one of the AHL's best goalies... Everything checks out here.

Bossy's Nominated Awards

UseLes Cunningham Award
    [Awarded to the league's least valuable player]

Leader: @Doobs Da Merc:team309:
    (1-11-3 with 7 points, -30)

- It's hard to get anymore "UseLes" than having just one win in five weeks.
    1204D1AB-0C9E-4C63-932E-3D686CA5880C.jpeg

Runner-up: @JP NASTY
    (2-10-2 with 10 points, -34)

- Obligatory mention of Nasty once again! Fewer than one point per game at forward is insanely impressive... Keep it up!

Eddie I'm Not "Shore" You're A Dman Award
    [Awarded to the AHL's worst defenseman]

Leader: @Doobs Da Merc:team309:
    (1-11-3 with 7 points, -30)

- Maybe Doobs should change his tag to "Dubs" or am I just grasping at straws here trying to help this guy figure out how to win one?

Runner-up: @Jonesy703:team778:
    (2-10-3 with 5 points, -15)

- I'm actually pretty impressed that this Jonesy guy is only a -15. It probably means he's at least somewhat doing his job on defense.

Aldedge "Bad" Bastien Memorial Award
    [Awarded to the league's worst goalie]

Leader: @LLcoolSam5855:team618:
    (7-12-0 with .713SV% and 4.04 GAA)

- I personally believe that Sam's goalie stats are very cool, but I'd have to imagine that Sam would likely disagree... Oh well, goalies aren't people anyway.

Runner-up: @z Spiers:team777:
    (9-8-1 with .710SV% and 3.44 GAA)

- Spiers, my only suggestion to you is to change your tag to "Spears," so that we can start the Free Britney movement here on LG.

Nail Yakupov Award a.k.a. Anti-Datsyuk Award
    [Awarded to the forward who least excels in the defensive aspects of the game]

Leader: @Draward x 97:team410:
    (68 GA in 16 GP)

- @I casas 26 l and the 11-spot he put up against Draward and Utica can take some of the blame here... But I'm sure that everyone on Utica would fully agree that Draward deserves this regardless.

Co-Runner-ups: @GK KING207 & @StompZzzz:team302: *stomps won S40*
    (67 GA in 15 GP)

- Normally I'd just give the nod to the center, GK King, for runner-up here, but I couldn't ignore his linemate... StompZzzz has now slept on his defensive duties for two consecutive seasons. I'm sensing a theme here.

Anti-Fred T. Hunt Memorial Trophy
    [Awarded to the player who exhibited the lowest levels of sportsmanship and ungentlemanly conduct, combined with a low standard of playing ability]

Co-Leaders: :hammer:@AP Nope & @PPasK:hammer:

- I can't decide which of these bans was worse, so I'll have the end of the season winner be decided by the voting here (assuming a juicier ban doesn't occur). With PPask we have a guy who got banned for the 100th time in his career, so he took a cap for being "too good" to play for the current AHL Presidents leader. With AP Nope he got capped for refusal to play, after giving a variety of toxic demands for his teams, which is odd coming from some random that most people have probably never even heard of.

The "Dud" Red Garrett Memorial Award
    [Awarded to the least outstanding AHL rookie]

(2-10-2 with 10 points, -34)

- Talk about a rookie season for the Anti-Record books... Yikes. I was wondering why I had never heard of this guy until I started writing this thread.

Runner-up: @Lil SkiBall4926:team314:
    (3-11-2 with 5 points, -15)

- Lil "skee" ball could do this and still somehow have less points than the 5 year old next to him at Chuck E. Cheese.
    1373D663-CB26-40E1-8EED-2AF29F008A4C.jpeg

The Mike Milbury Award [Awarded to the least outstanding management team in the regular season]

Co-Leaders: Texas Stars & Syracuse Crunch
    (@JP NASTY @ALERGH @TanneyOkay & @Darthy WRLD @twilightx57x)

- There's just no way for me to separate these guys. One thing I am sure of however, is that the players from both teams surely believe that their own team should be winning this award.

Charmin Soft Award [Awarded to the skater with the fewest number of hits on the season]

Leader: @Boogie x6:team519:
    (0 hits in 15 GP)

- 0 hits as a dman... I'm smelling something here. Smells like a spam-poker to me, so clearly everyone hates you.

Runner-up: @Obiwansz:team349:
    (1 hit in 16 GP)

- Unless this man is using The Force to hit people... He is clearly soft as :poop:.

Bob Stewart Award [Awarded to the player with the worst +/-. Named after the player with the worst +/- in NHL history at -257 for his career]

(-34 in 14 GP)

- I've got nothing left to say here.

Runner-up: @Rubber McDucky:team309:
    (-32 in 14 GP)

- Rubber McDucky is perpetually a number 9. Sad QUACK.
    F50B1DDF-5492-405F-A3EB-8345CD727DA1.jpeg

The Black Hole Award [Awarded to the skater who's been on the ice for the fewest goals scored for his team during the regular season]

Leader: @Morrison Flow:team518:
    (19 GF in 12 GP)

- @deathstwr99 said your flow stinks, and he's an expert on flow, so I'm going to have to agree here.

Runner-up: @JP NASTY
    (21 GF in 14 GP)

- Q: Is there an award that this guy isn't trying to steal?

The LG Hates You Award [Awarded to the player with the lowest overall ranking given to them by LG]

(32 overall ranking, 2-10-2 with 10 points, -34)

- A: No.
    D2225224-1029-4A59-84BC-35FCCBF3B915.jpeg

Runner-up: @Fedxrov:team518:
    (33 overall ranking, 4-10-1 with 16 points, -24)

- This is what you got for the nonsense of having an "x" in place of a vowel in your gamertag.

The You Kind of Deserved Better, but Really Don't Because You Still Stink Award [Awarded to the player who least deserved to be in their shitty situation, but who still kind of deserved it]

Leader: @aCanadianGamer:team410:
    (9-4-3 with 6 points, +5)

- @LarryLlama69132 was in the lead for this award until he got traded... Gamer you can thank your Lord and Savior Taylor Swift for this.
    D124CA28-D4D0-4E8A-B300-38CFD38A4148.jpeg

Runner-up: @lVlaT:team516:
    (10-5-1 with 28 points, -1)

- I feel like everyone was expecting a lot more Stockton on this thread, and sadly that just wasn't the case. I felt obligated to mention my former linemate here. #FreeMat

New Award:flames:

The Give it Away Award [Awarded to the player with the most giveaways on the season]

Leader: @vMvtt:team519:
    (271 GA in 16 GP)

- @o0o Boz o0o habitually gives away free wins to opposing teams every single season, but clearly he had enough of Matt's 17 giveaways per game this season when he traded him for the legendary boomer @jackD00P... Weird.
    FC86107C-4E88-4BDF-9F37-EA9B2BB20598.jpeg

Runner-up: @xKookz:team314:
    (259 GA in 16 GP)

- I don't know who this guy is or why he turns over the puck so much, but I am jealous of how much he gets to touch the puck.

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    bossy_22_
  2. Kookzyy

Kookzyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Kookzyy#0394
    Ratings:
    +214 / 8 / -15
    3 things guaranteed in life. Death taxes and kookz giving away the puck. Quality read

• Like Like x 2
    kookzyyyy
  3. Boogie x6

Boogie x6 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 15 / -15
    I have more Player of the Week awards than hits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. aCanadianGamer

aCanadianGamer Rhaenyra did nothing wrong

Discord:
    Bastulon#7740
    Ratings:
    +401 / 12 / -39
    All hail our lord and saviour, deliverer of Folklore and All Too Well(10 Minute Version) and reason I make it through game nights, TSwift

Good Media

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Neaverth

Neaverth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -3
    That office meme is so perfect

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    I must say that the Anti-Fred T. Hunt Memorial Trophy race this year is really tight. Usually a clear winner but I have no clue who will win this year.

No Streaming Account
  7. STL TopShelf

STL TopShelf Well-Known Member

Discord:
    stltopshelf#0
    Ratings:
    +116 / 7 / -26
    Always gold

• Like Like x 1
    TopShe1f
  8. I3rooxy

I3rooxy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    i3rooxy#0
    Ratings:
    +39 / 4 / -6
    Yeah.... Syracuse player here. Our owner completely stopped caring about everything about 3 weeks into the season and types in gen chat MAYBE once a week. The worst managed LG team I have ever seen by far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Entering an Online Game
    No Streaming Account
  9. Doobs Da Merc

Doobs Da Merc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    doobrex#0
    Ratings:
    +56 / 1 / -4
    Bump.
    No such thing as bad press. I'm gonna be famous. The meme is top notch as well cutie.

Update: 1-18-4 and still showing up like an idiot. 1 week left though. So that's a silver lining.

I just wish I cared more

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    twitchydoobs
  10. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    You are likely in an elite group of people that have that many losses without skipping a game. So that's something!

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  11. Doobs Da Merc

Discord:
    doobrex#0
    Ratings:
    +56 / 1 / -4
    I had to prove that I could in fact be even more useless lol

It's 4/20... I'm winning already

twitchydoobs
  12. FerranteCesare2

FerranteCesare2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -2
    Lists like these really miss the mark because most of the players who end up with a poor/negative +/- and low point totals - show up to their games each week and don't complain if they are playing 3 games a night with ECU's who clearly aren't up to the level. By the end of the season it adds up.

It's a vicious cycle and these players get blackballed as "scrubs" because they actually listen to the LG rules and play with whoever - causing stats to suffer. If these players were put in a better situation their underlying numbers would be significantly better. But now the stats reflect a harsh reality - and what do you think happens to them next season? They probably end up in a similar scenario.

It goes a step further - a lot of these struggling teams also trade for players who are skilled and could certainly help the team, and when they check where they are dealt to - these players think a sub .500 team is beneath them - so they'd rather take a ban and complain or get traded again. We all know this guy. That's lame.

@JP NASTY was my GM back in the day and consistently put himself before the team and played with anyone to ensure we were getting our games in and not forfeiting - even though our team was a dumpster fire.

I'd play on a line with a guy like that any day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Doobs Da Merc

Discord:
    doobrex#0
    Ratings:
    +56 / 1 / -4
    This level of common sense comes through the forums like a breath of fresh air. Well said sir.

Sincerely,
    A "scrub" :D

twitchydoobs
  14. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    It's not that serious guy... Anyone with half a brain could tell you that these posts are clearly just for jokes... If people were actually butthurt over it I wouldn't have people asking me to do this every season :laugh:

It's also absurd to think a post from literally anyone about shit like this impacts these players in future seasons lmfao. There have literally been guys who've won these "awards" and then played in the NHL the season after.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    bossy_22_
  15. FerranteCesare2

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -2
    Sure it's a joke - but what I said is absolutely an accurate representation of what actually happens when it comes to sentiment and evaluation of how players are viewed.

As I said - the true anti-award leaders are people who give up on a team because of stats. Not good people who actually grind - provide availability etc.

I stand by this principle. It's a never ending cycle.

No Streaming Account
  16. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    I've you've read my previous posts. That's one of the first things I mentioned when it comes to the winners of these awards. Usually I make this post earlier in the season, and half the leaders end up getting waived within a week or they quit shortly thereafter... These guys deserve recognition for having miserable seasons and still sticking it out without quitting or refusing to play.

I can guarantee you that there isn't a single manager who looks at this post and is like "I'll never in one million years bid on this guy because he was given an Anti-Award, so he must be dogshit..." Except for the Anti-Hunt guys. They deserve all the actual ridicule.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    bossy_22_
  17. FerranteCesare2

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -2
    I like that. I'm just defensive of the nice guys in LG who get caught up in a bad spot.

No Streaming Account
  18. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    I don't think your use of the word most here is correct. It's a valid scenario, though I believe you are describing a very low percentage of players and nowhere near most. Good players get recognized and eventually end up in the NHL or AHL. If you were to break down the talent pool into a basic -> Elite, Good, Average, Below Average
    Elite - 1st/ over flows into 2nd line NHL
    Good - fringe 2nd line/ 3rd line NHL, 1st line AHL
    Average - fringe 1st line AHL / 2nd line AHL / 3rd line AHL
    Below Average - CHL (for the sake of the argument, let's ignore that there are good/average players that take CHL management and fill out 1st lines there sometimes 2nd lines. With everyone forced to play at least a season in the CHL it makes this a bit complicated to categorize)

The majority of players will fall into the "Average" category. We see this scenario in bidding every season, there are multiple players who comment that they are "surprised player X" did not receive a bid. That's because there is far more average players than there are spots for average players. So it isn't that they are labelled as scrubs and will never be considered again. It's that they haven't done their part to standout amongst the average crowd. This is not strictly related to NHL skill. Party presence, availability, familiarity, attitude, etc are all factors in selecting players to fill out those finite spots.

No Streaming Account