Media Season 8 Awards- Community Involvement

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by JClaus33, Aug 8, 2018.

1. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Hey guys, I did this last season and thought it was quite helpful for us in terms of the award process, so I'm doing it again; here's the thread from last season.

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-7-awards-community-involvement.273494/

"If you have someone in mind for an award, use this thread to suggest them (or yourself), and make a case for them/you. I'd like to think that we'd be able to get all the nominees correct, but this helps me make sure I don't let anyone slip through the cracks. Nominees/finalists should be announced over the next few days/weeks, but it takes a long time to gather everything and calculate stuff that the site doesn't do. (SOS for example)"

Basically, this thread is meant for serious entries when it comes to guys that you think are deserving of certain awards.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Here are the awards that are voted upon by the committee and their basic criteria, along with last season's winners as a point of reference;

Hart Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the league's most valuable player.
    Hart Memorial Winner: @I JF5 I

James Norris Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the defenseman who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position.
    James Norris Memorial Winner: @x_ReAcTiiOnz_71

Vezina Trophy - Awarded to the league's top goaltender.
    Vezina Winner: @TheyCallMeRevv

Lady Byng Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the player who exhibited outstanding sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability.
    Lady Byng Memorial Winner: @jared2112

Frank J. Selke Trophy - Awarded to the forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game.
    Frank J Selke Winner: @JClaus33

Calder Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the league's most outstanding rookie player.
    Calder Memorial Winner: @King_Anze

Ted Lindsay Award - Awarded to the NHL's outstanding player as selected by the members of the NHL Players Association.
    Ted Lindsay Winner: @JClaus33

Bill Masterton Award - Awarded to the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey.
    Bill Masterton Winner: Unawarded

King Clancy Award - In LG, this award is generally given as a BOG/Media award to someone that has made a positive impact on the league and helped with the betterment of it.
    King Clancy Winner: @NoSleeves12

Jack Adams Award - Awarded to the Owner adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success. (In the Regular Season)
    Jack Adams Winner: @Agger23

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Again, please use this thread to nominate people that you feel are deserving for various awards, and back it up only with facts/stats that can actually give them a case for it. For example, Firemike cannot win the Jack Adams this season, so nothing like that please. If you guys want awards done the best they can be, this thread can be super helpful for me/us.

Thanks guys :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    JClaus33
  2. Twistnee

Twistnee cup check

Discord:
    Twistnee#0284
    Ratings:
    +158 / 14 / -57
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    xtwisterr
  3. Norris Dud

Norris Dud I’m better than you :)

Ratings:
    +897 / 145 / -269
    Me for Bill Masterton!

Sportsmanship: I’ve said Gg after a few games even when losing and I support my teammates as much as possible

Perseverance: I played with an ECU RW weeks 1-4, I also had to play Nav x Scrubhunter on westo_O

Dedication: Always give 9/9 and I haven’t been ECU’d all season because I live for LG more than anyone:)

Me for Calder!

Why: I’m just that good

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Dumb x 10
    • Like x 3
    • Troll x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    dudnastyy
  4. realdemonX

realdemonX washed up LGHL Center

Discord:
    realdemonx#0456
    Ratings:
    +169 / 21 / -8
    @leafs1791 for vezina carried the shitty sens

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    realdemonx123
  5. Norris Dud

Norris Dud I’m better than you :)

Ratings:
    +897 / 145 / -269
    @Krok-o-dill for Vezina
    32-5-4 (4th in goalie wins)
    84 SV% (3rd)
    1.95 GAA (5th)
    4 shutouts (17th)
    How can you not give it to him?

• Like Like x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 5
    dudnastyy
  6. BLong67-

BLong67- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BLong67#4885
    Ratings:
    +880 / 47 / -70
    Even if my vote doesn’t matter as much because i’m not currently on an NHL Roster id still like to nominate
    @Bo-Dangles10 for Jack Adams. He has had a huge part in both The Rangers and Wolfpacks success so far this season. He’s helped produce 2 top teams respectibly at both levels. #BoForJackAdams

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
    blong67_
  7. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    @L33t-Ricx0r for Bill Masterton whole season on Pitt. Has played every game and just gets shit pounded but he shows up.

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Nybarisny
  8. Markis

Markis Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 3 / -1
    Bill Masterton Award should be awarded to all the East Coast players who have never dipped on a West Coast Connection game. There's probably not many left, but they deserved to be recognized more so than see it go unawarded again.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. Bazlund

Bazlund Hey

Discord:
    bazlund#0
    Ratings:
    +952 / 50 / -52
    @blurrskie for Bill Masterson

blurrskie has signed up for season 8 of the LGHL PSN as Position: Left Defense
    2018-05-12 01:28am

May 12th 2018 seems like just an ordinary day but it was, in fact, the opposite for @matthuot87 and the seemingly less fortunate people here on leaguegaming.com, Blurr decided that he would take time out of his busy schedule to bless us with his presence for Season 8 of the LGPSN.

It all started at a young age of 11, it was a cold morning in the streets of Toronto as he walked to school, nothing out of the ordinary until his eyes locked onto a strange man wearing bowling shoes, a skirt that Sottish people wear when playing the bagpipes, a cowboy hat and a jacket with elbow patches (shout-out to @p...you guys know who I'm talking about), he was holding up a sign saying "If you love to Skate Fast and Eat Ass, Sign up for Leaguegaming.com!" (Where Marty gets it from btw). Blurr was fascinated by this man so he decided to approach him to say hello, they discussed the league for a few minutes but Blurr had to leave or else he would be late for school but he had question to ask; "Before I go, could I get your name?" the man stands up straight and says "Tristan", this was the TSN turning point in Blurr's life.

It really isn't that complicated, Blurr has dedicated his life to this website, endless passion for the game of hockey but unfortunately he suffers from a rare disability called 'Stonethumbsamitis', it has affected everyone in his life but he has continued to push through in his quest to be the best player he can possibly be, we can all learn something from him.

#VoteBlurr

• Like Like x 8
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    bazlund
  10. Zamne

Zamne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,169 / 43 / -56
    I gave 9/9 every week for my yotes through thick and thin i deserve the bill basterton

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Barzyyx13

Barzyyx13 Execute Order 66

Discord:
    Barzyyx13#0883
    Ratings:
    +708 / 32 / -136
    @Goostaav Best moves to make his team go from a pretender to a contender. And he can dance. Ive seen his xvid stream.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. henny_16

henny_16 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    henny_16#0
    Ratings:
    +33 / 2 / -11
    @XGeneral420X for the Vezina, his stats should do the talking.

@aREAP__ for the Hart trophy and should be in the running for the Lady Byng, Selke and the Ted Lindsay award as well. He’s the Rangers GM and the reason we’re at the top of the east. Great leader, humble and well respected guy who has been the heart and soul of the rangers this season.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    henny_16
  13. KMAC5

KMAC5 Second coming of KMAC

Discord:
    kmac3323#0
    Ratings:
    +649 / 96 / -220
    I’m black vote black

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    kmcdonald_55
  14. ItsRaGo

ItsRaGo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    LittleRaGoo28#9031
    Ratings:
    +442 / 34 / -82
    @kered93 for calder
    Tied 1st in points for rookies with 73 and second in goals for rookies.
    Had 95 takeaways
    Half of his games were away games and 21 of his 28 games were played against teams who had 89 points or more.
    He also carried a trash 3rd line on the sharks ,which is known as a one line team, to a successful season.
    He carried to players who struggled to get 50 points this season.
    Also had the best offensive zone efficiency (OZE) out of the rookies and the highest scoring factor out of the rookies.
    Also he plays good defensively. Any pk a dman took we wouldn't have to worry about him on defence

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Bo-Dangles10

Bo-Dangles10 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bodangles10#0
    Ratings:
    +485 / 3 / -30
    @xPistolet for hart. I know a lot of people wouldn’t consider him but I for sure do. Every week I gave him the hardest possible schedule. Whenever we had important divisional games he would be in them and if he got the chance to play easier teams he would have more points then he does.
    @habsdan18 for Norris and Lady Byng. This guy does not get enough credit in this league. Last season we went from a contender to a Rangers team that was dead last at the time. This guy never complained once, he was top 10 in dmen scoring last season on a Rangers team that struggled to score. This season he broke out and had a hell of a season. One of the best defenders that gets very little credit and an even better guy what a pleasure to have!
    @aREAP__ and @Charmop82 should be considered for the selke and I haven’t looked at the exact stats for takeaways and things like that but I know we were lowest goals against in the league for a reason and these 2 are a big part of that so I assume if you look at goals against when these guys played it’s going to be a low number.
    @LaFleuR11 for Calder. I know people were a little surprised when we took him at 3 but we went into a try out with him and immediately after reap and I were like omg we need to take this guy! This guy has been a massive part of our success super well rounded great with the puck and without it. If he wasn’t nominated I’d be very shocked! This guy will be a force in LG and I’m so glad we found him! (Plus he is French so you know his good).
    @Bo-Dangles10 as much as I hate to be that guy that nominated himself for an award I don’t look at this as an individual award more so an organization award. I’m going to say without checking that this has to be a record for the most points scored by an organization in one season. Wolfpack management team is unbelievable and what a great help they have been absolutely one of the best management teams. This hole season was started last year with collecting lots of assets to make a big run this year. When I brought in reap it turned this team into the real deal and he wasn’t just a free contract this guy did a lot of work scouting (running out of characters or I’d say more) Thanks Reap! If I could nominate you I would! (Also charmop sorry I ran out of space my guy but you did a ton of work as well). I talk too much :(

• Like x 8
    • Winner x 6
    • Get Good x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    bodangles10
  16. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    Hart: @JClaus33

Only game this season that I actually put 100% into and was beat clean. Congrats.

Norris: @P t P 10

Will probably be brayden because of stats, and you can't fault him for having an ownership group that played him to his strengths. But that Washington team was garbage the first few weeks, and even despite that, Matt was a stud

Selke: @JClaus33

Can't really say Reap when his entire line stacks the blue line the second they lose the puck, so its Josh again.

EDIT:

Shout out to @I2I-Way-Hockey for the Jack Adams. I legitimately did fuck all this season, so our record is 100% on him.

• Like Like x 3
    Sloshy97
  17. WeapNHL

WeapNHL Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xweapon21#0
    Ratings:
    +148 / 21 / -40
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. joestud18