Season 8 List of Events....

Discussion in 'Maple Leafs Gaming League - PSN' started by Marauders, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to touch base with you guys and let you know what the schedule is like for season 8. Hopefully, this clears up any confusion and gives some of the newer members who have not been in the NCAA league on idea of what to expect.

1. Shortly after the release of the game, there will be an official signup for season 8. This signup will run for at least one week. There will be specific instructions concerning the signup and what you are signing up for at this time. There is a new feature called Online Dynasties that will be looked at. The current thought, which could change later, would be to run the league as normal and in addition to that league, run a dynasty. Of course, planning this activity will have to wait until the game comes out so that a hands on examination can take place. Therefore, at this time, the signup will be for the league as it has always run, especially since that league can handle many more members than the online dynasty.

2. After signups are complete, team selection process will take place. Members will be assigned to teams. Teams will be assigned to Conferences. There are four conferences.

3. After team assignments are released, we will have the custom out of conference scheduling. For those of you who have not participated in the league before, you will have a chance to get with other members to set up your own out of conference schedule. There will be more information on this later.

4. The schedule will be finalized after the custom schedule period.

5. We will start the season.

I hope this clears up some questions that you guys may have concerning the status of the league.

2. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Do you think you could have two seperate online dynasty leagues and just put them together as one league on this NCAA league?

No Streaming Account
  3. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is a good question, that is why we really need to wait until the game comes out and we can do a "hands on" look-over to see what exactly we could do with what they are providing this year. I am not opposed to entertaining something like that. Just need to see what it would take and if it would really work.

I don't think we will have anyway to get the stats from the EA online dynasty to the LG scoreboard, so that could be a big problem. And the league we have run in the past is playing strictly human opponents, not computer opponents. It is easier to beat the computer than it is an actual human opponent.

Another question, when playing in an online dynasty and playing the computer, can you quit out if you are loosing and start over to get the win? If so, it really isn't going to be a good thing for the league. Just another random thought that just hit me.

That is kinda where we are. Hands pretty much tied until the game comes out.

4. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    That would be pretty messed up if you could quit and start over to try to get the win in the online dynasty.

How do you get the stats on the on the LG scoreboard in the first place?

Online Dynasty is going to be so great, it will really going to go in depth into a real college football organization. Do you know how many people can be in one online dynasty league, 12 people or somethin like that, right?

One more Question, How many people usually sign up every season?

No Streaming Account
  5. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    There is usually a decent amount of interest. Once Madden comes out though it seems to drop a lot unfortunatly.

Gajeske85
  6. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We have been manually entering stats so far for the NCAA league. We have completed 7 seasons and the winner of the game is responsible for putting in all the stats for the game ( both teams ). It can take up to 10 minutes to do after each game as there is quite a bit to get.

From my understanding, only 12 people can be in an online dynasty.

We usually try to run 2 seasons a year as interest seems to fade. The first season of each year is the biggest with normally about 32 people signing up. The second season of the year is about half of that, around 14-16 or so.

7. caniacfan86

caniacfan86 Playing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be interested in playing in this once the game comes out.. Love those gators

No Streaming Account
  8. edge997

edge997 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the updates. I've held off getting both football games the last couple of years but this title is looking too good to pass up. I'll be keeping my eyes open for the sign up threads.

No Streaming Account
  9. beargamer86

beargamer86 bearsgamer86

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't wait until this game is released..I already have my copy reserved, and and really interested in playing in this league!!

No Streaming Account
  10. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Oh god, another game I will have to embarrass you in ;)

Gajeske85
  11. Phantom818

Phantom818 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey man. How've you been? See you've gotten into that EA league after all. Too bad my 360 has destroyed just about every madden disc it's gotten its hands on. Still waiting to get back into the fray with the 09 editions. I'm gonna check out this demo on the marketplace.

No Streaming Account
  12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can restart against the computer. But how many times you restarted will be displayed for the game. So you will be able to tell if the player quit and restarted the game.

No Streaming Account
  13. DoMiNaTioN x21

DoMiNaTioN x21 2009 EASHL Champion

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I love NCAA Football, and would definitely join a league as long it's a normal one. I won't have the time to commit to an online dynasty. I just wanna get assigned a team, load up the game and play....no recruiting, scrimmages, etc etc :)

No Streaming Account
  14. DamoneyMan

DamoneyMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If someone restarts a game against the computer, the league commissioner will know how many times the game has been played. At that point, he can keep the result or overrule and award a loss. The commissioner will also have the ability to set the number of restarts before finalizing the league.

No Streaming Account
  15. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

WE already have a list of exactly what we can set up for a dynasty? Where is that information at? I would like to look it over.

16. MrXpress

MrXpress Pro interception thrower

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wait, there's online dynasties?

<interest in game jumps 400%>

No Streaming Account
  17. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome back to the NCAA forum! :mrgreen:

18. SpursFan91

SpursFan91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    picked up the game today, bout to try it out.

No Streaming Account
  19. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    What?!? How'd the hell you get it this early? 12 days before release date?

drummerJ99
  20. SpursFan91

SpursFan91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My base exchange that seemingly gets everything late, actually got this early.

No Streaming Account