some comparisons if Bush and Kerry

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by ManUtd18, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You need to spend less time getting tatoo's and more time reading about history. Bush did not mess up the economy, it was Clinton. The economy was on a decline 9 months before Bush took office.

2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Come on, explain the record surplus in 2000, and then the record deficit in 2001. And no, 9/11 isn't the correct answer

3. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dude, you are so misinformed. Bush can't send our jobs oversea's! That is a company decision and they have been doing that since the Clinton administration.

4. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jobs started the decline in March of 1999, that's right, 1999, not 2000. There was no record surplus in 2000.

That was about the time the oversea's contracting started taking place and the time the IT Industry started a major decline, which in turn had a trickle down effect on the rest of the economy.

5. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
  6. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pretty Interesting, with people like that in Kerry's corner helping him and coaching him, he will be alright. He will atleast listen to other that knows how to get the job done.

No Streaming Account
  7. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, and Bush has done a lot to help out our economy. Ohh wait, he gave the wealthiest Americans a tax break...I'm sure that helps a lot :roll:

Gajeske85
  8. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not very wealthy and he gave me a tax break. And I really needed it too. I also lost my job and was without one for a full year, but I do not blame Bush for that. Many of my friends started loosing their jobs before Bush took office. I was just happy I held on for mine for as long as I did. It is the outsourcing that really hurts my professional field and unfortunately, that started before Bush took office. Now we are starting with in-sourcing where companies are starting to bring people over to America from oversea's and paying them pennies on the dollar, thus eliminating the Americans from jobs.

9. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Point Marauders.

Marauders 3 - Latdogg 0

No Streaming Account
  10. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your right Kerry will, which is what scares me. Who will be really running the country? He has a plan for everything, but never once said what any of those plans were. So, he either thinks we are too stupid to understand his plan or he doesn't have one and he is just going to wing it. I just hope he doesn't wait on the public opinion poll to come out before he makes a decision, especially in a time of crisis.

11. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Point taken, I'll give you that, but I know how my life and the economy was effected during those months and when jobs started disappearing and growth had stopped. I was living through it, not reading an article in the paper or on the internet to stay informed. It was right here in my city.

Also, you talk as if Bush had something to do with our spending, so I will use a quote from your own article above. The quote is something Clinton said and pertains to Congress before Clinton left office as they were working on the budget that started on October 1st in his last year in office. That is October before Bush took office.

12. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Marauders,

How can you explain that for the first time in America's history, There was a tax cut during a war?

13. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually, the tax cut was before we went to war with Afganistan. I specifically remember Bush talking about Americans paying war time taxes during peace times. It also helped spark a very tiny bit in economy growth as most people spent their tax break on goods and services, which was a severe problem at the time.

14. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Don't make me find another link on cnn, I heard this stright from Sen. McCains's (R) mouth.

15. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When you start looking, don't find something that said it went into effect during war times, look for when he took it to Congress to be voted on.

16. Patriarch

Patriarch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got a check too, but I had to pay a lot of it back on my next return. I'll be paying for years for this so called tax rebate check.

I've spent a helluva lot more in campaign contributions to the DNC, Move On, and the Kerry Campaign than I ever got a tax cut for.

No Streaming Account
  17. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well thats true but Bush can give the company a reason to not send the job overseas. Im in the same boat as you, im watching all the IT jobs get shipped over to India and now they are bringing people over here and can pay 3 of em for what i make. Kerry has at least talked about stopping this practice, if he'll follow through with it who the hell knows.

On a bright note its nice to see there are huge turnouts at the polls today.

No Streaming Account
  18. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it was real nice to see the turn out for voting. No matter who wins, it is good to see people actually voting and voting the way they want.

The other problem with this out-sourcing and in-sourcing is a company can just leave the United States if pushed too hard from the goverment. I'm sure it would make Canada happy if some of our larger Corporations go there. I know MS threatened to do that once before. It is really sad, but I think that Corperate America is running the country to a certain degree.

19. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why did you have to pay it back? I didn't have to pay anything back. Of course since I was self employed at the time I lost my job, I still owe taxes for that year, but the tax breaks really helped get that debt down. I'm about as middle class as you can get.