Media Super 16: Preseason Edition

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, Jun 2, 2020.

?

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MORE?!

1. YES

90.0%
  2. NO

5.0%
  3. TL;DR

5.0%
  1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Quick Note: Obviously this is more of a preseason ranking just based on bidding and potential call ups. In the future, this will have a lot more to do with the performance of the teams preceding and during the week of the article. Also, I heavily favored depth; consequently, if I had no idea who your depth guys are (which happened a lot because I haven't played much this year), your team isn't super high.

One More Thing: This is roughly based on the "Super 16" articles that NHL.com writes. Potentially continued weekly unless people hate it. And yeah I cheated by putting 17 teams. It's called "bonus content". Deal with it.

One Last Thing: I definitely think this will be one of the most competitive seasons LG has had in awhile as it was extremely hard to pick the Top 16. Barring what I considered to be the bottom 5 teams and the top 8ish teams, everyone was very close.

Super 16: Man with Bowl Cut Makes Gritty Proud

1. :team4: Philadelphia Flyers
    Hit:
    Crushed bidding. Not even sure if they lost a bid. Probably the deepest team in the league, and should win their division as well as challenge for the President's Trophy. Can't really say much more than that.
    Miss: @Melvin x 94 has rocked a bowl cut for like forever. Also, he can't win in playoffs. One of those things can be remedied, though.

2. :team23: Florida Panthers
    Hit:
    They did a great job in bidding. All the depth picks were great, and it's impressive they got 3 solid right wingers for a combined 4.5 million.
    Miss: Bunch of snakes as management. Wouldn't even bother unpacking my bags if I was traded to this team.

3. :team21: Tampa Bay Lightning
    Hit:
    Motor City Magic. Also, maybe the D-corps is lacking a little top-end talent, but I'd argue you don't necessarily need that this year. Plus, they don't have a glaring weakness on the back end, anyways.
    Miss: Putting @FtB x Sauce on a prove-it 1S contract. Better save the re-sign for him.

4. :team15: San Jose Sharks
    Hit:
    The Sharks have some great depth this season which should easily have them swimming closer to the surface of the Pacific by season's end. (lol just right off the cuff there, nice one goon) They spent a lot on what you'd think was their "3rd" line, but I think it's almost a Line 1, 2A, 2B situation with the ability to stack a line if they feel like it.
    Miss: None

5. :team31: Anaheim Ducks
    Hit:
    Left side is stacked. @Stifmeister x 7 @Joorrdan @Dumbeast1254 @xDream21 . Even their 500k sacrificial lamb in @XenoSZN is good.
    Miss: Absolutely no idea why they paid 5.5 million for a CHLer in @MeOyHoyMenoy .

6. :team421: Seattle Thunderbirds
    Hit:
    D-corps is gross. @Weap 21 and @SamDelisle9 are on great contracts for high-value guys. Really not a contract on this team where I'm see it and go :eyes:
    Miss: I can't tell what the lines are going to be. Probably should be higher. Also, @CoreyPerry1 dunked on me in HUT this year; that should be a capital ban right there.

7. :team76: Los Angeles Kings
    Hit:
    It may not be Sejje's year anymore, but he did a great job getting Girgs' line together as well his own. A nice one-two punch that should allow their depth line to reach double digit wins.
    Miss: Absolutely no way their full roster is playing into the dog days of the season. Expect plenty of maintenance days as well as the ol' "lockerroom powder" to keep Hwood from falling into a late season slump.

8. :team75: Chicago Blackhawks
    Hit:
    Still have one of the best management duos in the league with some returning contracts from their
    cup-winning team including @Thibodd and @KesselySnipes420 .
    Miss: I don't pay a ton of attention to PSN because I've never played over there, so I'm not quite sure what to make of their bidding. If they just stack one line, I'm not sure how competitive this team will be.

9. :team74: Carolina Hurricanes
    Hit:
    Still the same management group that led them to two Stanley Cup Finals including a championship. Have a couple great contracts still in @AAli x 21 and @Vaporize 17 . Decent low salary bids as well I think.
    Miss: The usual strategy has been to get some great value out of PSN guys. I have no idea if that worked this time.

10. :team7: New Jersey Devils
    Hit:
    I'm just going to trust that RGD knows his depth players, since he's proven to be a decent manager thus far. If the depth players perform, there is surely enough talent on this team to be well in "buyer" territory at the deadline.
    Miss: I wouldn't even say RGD is a snake because he's so open about having 6 blackberries open at all times, but you've got to be crazy to buy a house in the city on this roster.

11. :team391: Winnipeg Jets
    Hit:
    @aHuff21 will score 50. I like the @JuniorHawk16 500k pickup as well. I'm assuming their is a decent amount of chemistry in this lineup which is huge right now it seems.
    Miss: Maybe not quite as much depth as the teams higher than them; I can't be sure, though.

12. :team29: Calgary Flames
    Hit:
    Last time @Sitful and @iAMoee were together, the team won the President's Trophy and Sitful took home the Hart Trophy as well as both being All Stars. This time around, they have a legit top tier defenseman as well as another familiar face in @Lauxey . Also, they have @Gunwoat (AKA Gungoat), I'm sure even he can carry @Lingross and @Lyons x 63 .
    Miss: Big questions marks around the 3rd line. I've heard both good and bad things, but whether it's a gamble that pays off or not may not matter that much if the top two lines do well enough.

13. :team30: Minnesota Wild
    Hit:
    We got @hatemakerr for 500k lol. We won a preseason game.
    Miss: How did @hatemakerr not get a 3s? The official drink of the Minnesota Wild is Mountain Dew Code Red.

14. :team10: Detroit Red Wings
    Hit:
    Somehow they got all the usual suspects for basically bargains and some trades filled out a good bit of their roster which allowed them to overspend on anyone they really wanted. It would appear that resulted in a pretty solid bidding for the Wings.
    Miss: Unfortunately, they decided to overspend on @Focus TF at 7 million which I've been told was not a "pro gamer move". Are his LTs that elite? Find out this season!

15. :team78: Pittsburgh Penguins
    Hit:
    D-corps looks great. I don't think the prices were that inflated considering the prices for other defensemen this bidding. Let's just hope Illbill taught @Dr Tre 2001 a few things.
    Miss: They would probably be higher, except I distinctly remember everyone accusing the top line of scrubhunting a bunch in the last couple seasons. I don't think this team gets the ~115 points it'll need to win this division if they do that this season.

16. :team1: Toronto Maple Leafs / :team28: Arizona Coyotes
    Hit:
    Both teams have a lot of talent throughout the lineup counting both forwards and defensemen. Toronto has the better top line, Arizona may have a bit better depth. Had a hard time justifying one over the other.
    Miss: I have been told Toronto had some odd bids on RW, not sure what to make of that. Arizona's main issue is I couldn't convince myself they're better than Toronto. So, yeah, do better I guess Yotes?

The Hot Seat
    :team9: Dallas Stars @BlueLineKing7 and @No Regretzkys

Both are good players, but it is somewhat evident they are seen as a step below many of the other management groups conveyed by the several management ranking articles that came out pre-bidding. I'll admit I was very surprised with the bids they won. I think the players mostly were, too. It seems like they have mostly good contracts, but personally I would have spent the cap available to them a bit differently. I wouldn't say they are prime candidate to improve through trade, though, despite that. A lot is going to depend on how both the free contracts play in the first few weeks, and some key wins from lower lines in the first two weeks will go a long way towards making the postseason and keeping the team afloat.

Rookie of the Week / Rookie Spotlight
    :team676: @Delta sLays

He dropped all the way to 3rd overall. I bet his family trashed their TV after AT LEAST the 2nd pick wasn't him. Probably still don't know where he went. Well, he's in Vegas now. The Golden Knights really need some firepower, and he's going to have to bring it. If he's not stellar, I don't think his line (or the team) will be able to push forwards without him doing some of the heavy lifting. I like that @xOgLowkeyyx is confident, but is that confidence misplaced? Also, man @Delta sLays would have been great on the HUT/Versus team that owned Vegas a couple seasons ago.

• Like Like x 33
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Dr Tre 2001

Dr Tre 2001 TJ$

Ratings:
    +409 / 34 / -41
    Illbill taught me well Goon

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Focus TF

Focus TF CT 66 Makes Me Nervous.

Discord:
    focustf#0
    Ratings:
    +937 / 38 / -72
    I would like to thank :team676: for bidding me up instead of letting me go to where I wanted.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    GiroFocus
  4. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Yeah, if only you could tell people to get lost like in real life. Isn't this a "sim league"?

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. Nealerr

Nealerr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x Neal x 18 x#7178
    Ratings:
    +432 / 20 / -14
    My team isn't ranked high enough

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    In World of CHEL
    NealiteGaming
  6. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181
    Really excited to see @FtB x Sauce prove the haters wrong!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. FtB x Sauce

FtB x Sauce Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 77 / -84
    HIT: Excellent write-up.
    HIT: @hatemakerr is gonna be a 30 goal scorer.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Nybarisny
  9. Remi l9l

Remi l9l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +365 / 39 / -25
    :snake: here

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Remiaszl9l
  10. XenoSZN

XenoSZN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 3 / -24
    Sacrificial Lamb here

XenoSZN
  11. x Pinto 57

x Pinto 57 Tha Choosen One

Discord:
    xpinto57#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 45 / -73
    Nice thread goatderk

• Like Like x 1
    xbarrie__x
  12. xFizzii

xFizzii Always Blame Teal

Ratings:
    +225 / 10 / -14
    All this work and you’ll be gone by week 3

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    mikefizzi
  13. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    You're right, man. I will attempt to make it to week 3 and reassess. Thank you for setting me straight. This is the great thing about LG; there are always people willing to share their opinions. Thank you and god bless.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. xFizzii

xFizzii Always Blame Teal

Ratings:
    +225 / 10 / -14
    Anytime just here to help.

mikefizzi