test tracks

Discussion in 'Forza' started by Hapes, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Hapes

Hapes Stuffed Tiger of DOOOOM!!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's me, but I'm no longer interested in doing test track races...please.

No Streaming Account
  2. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we'll take a break in week 4... next week's test track is pretty wide open.. so..

No Streaming Account
  3. AoG INSANO

AoG INSANO HHEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i love the test tracks. sorry hapes, we are on the same team, but i would love having them week after week.

No Streaming Account
  4. NEODARK

NEODARK Hakuna Matata

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the test trakcs can be fun, but as test tracks... What I mean is that when you race with others it can be pretty tough since they are narrow and they become crash prone..

Other than that, they can be fun, very technical, etc.. Still nothing like a real track, phantasy tracks normally suck, they have no flow. (mapple valley is a nice exception) :)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  5. XXXDanXXX

XXXDanXXX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    maybe collisions could be off for test tracks :eek: :shock::razz::idea::idea::idea::idea:

No Streaming Account
  6. TADMG

TADMG S7 San Jose Sharks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I must say, I really like the TT as well. I get bored of doing all the other tracks sooo much! I think they are a very good addition.

No Streaming Account
  7. QrazY CracKeR

QrazY CracKeR Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very cool idea of having collisions off. . . 1 lap like a hill climb, take turns specatating and keeping times. . . nice change-up from the normal race hour

No Streaming Account
  8. Desirsar

Desirsar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I changed my mind on the test tracks. There is too little space to pass, so it effectively locks in the grid order, whether random when the first race or later going into the endurance race, with little chance for a racer to come back in points and get a better position for the endurance race. The only track that could be worse is Laguna Seca, but at least people drive off more often...

No Streaming Account
  9. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    How dare you!! How can you not like Laguna? I love that track, maybe it's from playing MotoGP :) I'll take Seca over a TT anyday.

drummerJ99
  10. JDenton

JDenton - Rubbins Racin' -

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll race whatever, whenever. Sometimes I like the tracks, other times I don't. That's just part of it.

If we are going to turn collisions off we might as well not race and just turn in our best times each week to decide the winner. I'm here to race, not do time trials.

No Streaming Account
  11. Desirsar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's what I'm saying... both of you. :)

I'd take Laguna over a test track also. There isn't much room to pass on Laguna, but it seems to happen more often anyway. Also, there is "room for error" on Laguna compared to the test track. If you overshoot a turn, you go into some gravel and you make room for a car to go by. With the test track, you will mostly bank off a wall and come back into the traffic.

Finally, someone else that calls it for what it is - collisions off is not racing, it's simultaneous hot lapping. Kind of like synchronized swimming, but even more girly.

No Streaming Account
  12. GutBust3r

GutBust3r Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The test tracks are just not a good idea. I thought the poll in which we voted on them was clearly in favor of NOT racing them anyways.... what gives?

No Streaming Account
  13. AoG TraymaN

AoG TraymaN Alabama Hot Pocket

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    test tracks are sweet just wish everyone knew how to pass on them ... dont dive underneath or pass on a high speed s turn ... instead stay right on the persons rear bumper and wait for the screw up .. it will happen at least once to everyone. and if the person hits the wall it would be nice to make an attempt to stay to the side i know it is hard but possible

No Streaming Account
  14. Desirsar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My usual style is waiting for a mistake for an opening, but I'll force my way into a position on a turn big enough on most tracks if I can tell (or know from experience) that a driver isn't going to give me a good enough opportunity on their own. That's just not possible with the test tracks. It pretty much has to be the first track, with a random grid, or it will be rare to see a finish different than the grid order combined with off-the-line acceleration of a car. (And even with a random grid, it could still put a few people in front that aren't going to make mistakes even if they're running slower in general.) They're great tracks, but they don't work for close racing.

No Streaming Account
  15. AoG INSANO

AoG INSANO HHEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow, everyone hates them. i think they are great. theres plenty of different types of lines you can take to pass people. i found that out on the last one, copperhead reverse. me and gutbuster were both running really fast. he entered a turn on the inside and exited really wide, i entered the turn wide and exited really low and got a better run out of the turn and passed. if people hold there line while you pass the track is plenty wide enough. im bummed that there isnt a test track in this weeks track picks.

No Streaming Account
  16. JDenton

JDenton - Rubbins Racin' -

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not really, there has been a few that have posted here saying they don't mind them. I don't mind them either, it's nice to try tracks I'm not used to every now and then considering nobody plays them online.

No Streaming Account
  17. NEODARK

NEODARK Hakuna Matata

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the reason we "deal" with test tracks is because we have nothing better. Test tracks can be fun for and challenging, but aren't necessarily good for online racing.

If we had more variety they would rarely get used, sadly this is how it goes with console sim's, no community or new tracks unless the developer makes anything.

No Streaming Account
  18. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm surprised nobody's asked to run the Ring yet. I think most everyone here has been playing driving games long enough that they've spent at least some time on the Ring. Can't be any worse than the test tracks, why not insert that into the rotation?:mrgreen:

19. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to see the Ring as well, 2 or 3 laps would make for a good endurance race I think.

No Streaming Account
  20. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

IT's in the rotation..

No Streaming Account