The Final Stretch

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by I SSJ Bardock I, Nov 1, 2014.

1. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering if there are any plans to have a "FedEx Playoff" type finish since we're entering the last part of season 1.

No Streaming Account
  2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    I dont have a playoff system built for this, plus it would only be like 10-20 guys playing. So not sure what we'll do, maybe just plan/start working on season 2

• Like Like x 1
  3. Doc Status

Doc Status dark stasis

Ratings:
    +504 / 8 / -4
    I think a playoff system would be great for keeping people interested as the season winds down. Realistically, at this point in the season, there are only 3 golfers who have a chance to finish the season with the most points. However, if we had a playoff system then players outside of the top 3 would still have something to play for.

My suggestion would be to include the top 10 players at season's end and anyone who has a won a tournament throughout the season. That way everyone has something to play for up until the last week of the season. The playoffs could be just one week, with the player earning the most points in that week's tournaments being the champion. You could potentially stretch it out another week, eliminating some players after week 1, but with the size of the league already I don't think lengthening it would make much sense.

Probably too late to implement something like this before the end of season 1, but I would definitely support this in future seasons.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. burton31cat

burton31cat Tim R

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    I can't see how there is no playoffs. All sports have them. I would have like a 2 week eliminator format and all the people who don't qualify for the playoff play 2 weeks of preseason golf concluding into Season 2 for everyone.

No Streaming Account
  5. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    We should work on an handicap system before anything else. Most of the guys that stopped playing is because we start round 1 and see the top 10 is already -10 in a round.

Maverik19
  6. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    What could be done is, after the Links Major, there could be a 1 week pre season for season 2. 4 courses, 2 rounds each and each course is a different location (ex, 1 Autumn, 1 Alpine etc...). Anyone can play in these BUT we also use this as a "playoff" for the top 20 of season 1. It would be tough to have an elimination type playoff so I guess I would just suggest to either take the total points of all 4 rounds = champion (of the people who finished in top 20 of regular season), or make each tourney 5x the amount of points (I think thats what it is in Fedex Cup) for the people who finished in the top 20 for regular season and just combine that with their regular season point total.

This way, there is somewhat of a playoff format but it wont exclude anybody who is technically not in a playoff spot.

No Streaming Account